M-A Fleury HOF?

Fleury to the HOF

• Total voters

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
If Vegas wins the cup and he gets the Conn Smythe, I’d vote yes pretty confidently.

What goalies would have a better playoff resume outside the big 3?

Hell, not to mention, if he has another regular season like he did this year, he could still add a Vezina.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If Vegas wins the cup and he gets the Conn Smythe, I’d vote yes pretty confidently.

Hell, not to mention, if he has another regular season like he did this year, he could still add a Vezina.

He had a couple amazing runs but had a number of terrible playoffs. If you only count the good things, sure, he had an amazing playoff career. With goalies, you kind of have to count the bad, too.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
0 Vezinas, Won 1 Cup as a starter on a team with two Generational players(Crosby and Malkin with amazing depth behind them, you could damn near win a cup with any goalie given the amount of time Fleury had with it)... I don’t see it.

Reactions: Tio Salamanca

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Plenty of them?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
not even close.

He is a poor man's Osgood at best.

Vezina finishes of 7, 8
GAA finishes of 3, 8, 9
sv% finishes of 5, 6, 10

He has never been considered near the best at his position and realistically is the reason the Pens dont have more Cups than they do now.

And 2 of his Cups were from the pine. He has 3 Cups the same way Tuukka Rask is a Cup winning goalie

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
not even close.

He is a poor man's Osgood at best.

Vezina finishes of 7, 8
GAA finishes of 3, 8, 9
sv% finishes of 5, 6, 10

He has never been considered near the best at his position and realistically is the reason the Pens dont have more Cups than they do now.

And 2 of his Cups were from the pine. He has 3 Cups the same way Tuukka Rask is a Cup winning goalie

Maybe comparable to Osgood, but definitely not a “poor man’s” Osgood

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
I would vote no. Fans in Pitt didn’t even like him during the middle of his career. He was never ever considered dominant and was normally put outside of the top 10 at his position each year.

He has played a long time building up wins with great Penguins teams. If he wasn’t having this run it wouldn’t be a thing.

NickWIHockey

Jan 3, 2013
Port Washington, WI
Fleury has had a very good career, but simply winning the Cup with Vegas wouldnt put him in. Hes not in the top 10 of Goalies, Hell I dont think hes in the top 25. Good goalie, but not HOFer.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
He needs individual trophies to get in. As mentioned, if this year Vegas goes all the way and Fleury wins Conn Smythe, he could be close.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't get the people that say no, if Fluery wins the cup he will have 4 cups and a playoff MVP

and if he loses that's 3 cups and a playoff MVP because either way he's winning playoff MVP.

either way that's a hall of fame career.

THe comparsions to Osgood are a joke, Osgood nevered carried a team anywhere his teams carried him.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don't get the people that say no, if Fluery wins the cup he will have 4 cups and a playoff MVP

and if he loses that's 3 cups and a playoff MVP because either way he's winning playoff MVP.

THe comparsions to Osgood are a joke, Osgood nevered carried a team anywhere his teams carried him.

Fleury hasn't carried his teams other than this one either. And he only has a cup and a half as a starter. Why would he get any credit for 2016? He's better than Osgood but not by much before this year. And Osgood had some great playoffs too. Particularly in '08 and '09

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal

Sorry WHEN did Fleury carry his team to the Cup exactly?

1 Cup as a regular starter and had a 908 V% that year. 9-6 last playoffs and didnt play the finals. Not to mention horrible performances from 2010-13.... THats NOT a HOF career at all.

and no, we dont know if he wins the Smythe this year. Front runner? sure. Big whoop. I dont see Cam Ward or JS Giguere in the HOF.

Last edited:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Yes, Pitts would have 0 cups without him.

They may have 4 without him... Its not like he ever came close to winning a Smythe with PIT.

Do people forget had has a SUB 900 SV% from 2010-2013??? Man, people are quick to forget.

What have you done for me lately, HF?!.... never change.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Sorry WHEN did Fleury carry his team to the Cup exactly?

1 Cup as a regular starter and had a 908 V% that year. 9-6 last playoffs and didnt play the finals..... THats NOT a HOF career at all.

and no, we dont know if he wins the Smythe this year. Front runner? sure.

The pens don't win the 09 cup without Fluery, nor the 2017 cup that's a fact, and Vrgas Wouldn't be here without Fluery that is also a fact.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
If he gets the CS + SC with Vegas - I'm tempted to say yes but that's just me getting all giddy over the VGK's success this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad