OT: Lytton, BC

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
I live in Kelowna BC and it has been so hot. I don’t mind it, I love sun and heat. Record temperature ever for our city. Still lots of tourists coming in droves - stay f***ing home. I hate the tourists here, lol. Feel so bad for the Lytton people, losing everything.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I live in Kelowna BC and it has been so hot. I don’t mind it, I love sun and heat. Record temperature ever for our city. Still lots of tourists coming in droves - stay f***ing home. I hate the tourists here, lol. Feel so bad for the Lytton people, losing everything.
How are there any tourists, we're still locked down because of the pandemic?

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
I live pretty close to there and was in the middle of the heat dome for the past week. It's a tinder box all throughout central and interior BC and thunderstorms just rolled through here last night, so I spent some time this morning putting together an evacuation prep bag.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
The 49.6C temp was higher than any in recorded history for Texas. It should be no surprise they are saying the heat related deaths are around 500. But climate change isn't a concern...

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
After breaking Canadian high temperature records all week, the town of Lytton has burned to the ground. Terrible.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-wildfires-june-30-2021-1.6085919
It's bad there, no doubt. But you said the town burned to the ground, yet the article you referenced didn't say that at all. It said there are fires everywhere and an evacuation order is in effect. Are there other sources that confirm the town burned to the ground? Or are you extrapolating?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
It's bad there, no doubt. But you said the town burned to the ground, yet the article you referenced didn't say that at all. It said there are fires everywhere and an evacuation order is in effect. Are there other sources that confirm the town burned to the ground? Or are you extrapolating?

Reactions: peate

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
You live in a tourism hub but you don't like tourists? Are you sure?

I used to live in the West End in Vancouver near Stanley Park and work downtown and I eventually moved to the suburbs because I got tired of the congestion caused by the hordes of tourists (and also because I wasn't a millionaire and could no longer afford to live there)

Now I live in a city where the #1 tourist attraction is a shopping mall. I live 5 minutes drive away from it but my neighborhood is blissfully free of tourists.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The 49.6C temp was higher than any in recorded history for Texas. It should be no surprise they are saying the heat related deaths are around 500. But climate change isn't a concern...
Awareness of climate change is scientific minded people. We can all avoid scientific mind by being religious, protected by politicians and laws.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
You live in a tourism hub but you don't like tourists? Are you sure?

I used to live in the West End in Vancouver near Stanley Park and work downtown and I eventually moved to the suburbs because I got tired of the congestion caused by the hordes of tourists (and also because I wasn't a millionaire and could no longer afford to live there)

Now I live in a city where the #1 tourist attraction is a shopping mall. I live 5 minutes drive away from it but my neighborhood is blissfully free of tourists.
Nothing against tourists, the ones coming here, especially the ones from Vancouver act with no respect towards the locals. They were just terrible last summer.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Thanks for the information. It's inappropriate to "like" your post, but wanted to acknowledge you for providing the info.
I wasn't extrapolating cause I have no clue what it means, (actually, I had a hunch and I wasn't far off), I was sensationalising. An old journalistic trick to get people's attention. "Burned to the ground".

I''m also sometimes unsure if liking a post is appropriate when it's bad news. You gotta remember, you're liking the poster's intentions, not the news itself.

GO:habsGO

Reactions: FormerLurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad