LW Vladimir Tkachyov - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2014 undrafted)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Fantastic big ice player, imo.

He's magical when he has time and space, however at higher levels he will have a difficult time creating time/space for himself on small ice. He also kinda sucks away from the puck.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Scored a goal in China. Now he is 4+2 after 4 games (and his 4th game isn't over yet).

4+3 after 4 games. Not bad.

Last edited:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Hes my favorite hockey prospect hands down, at some point this guy is going to get an NHL contract, only a matter of time.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well, last season he scored 6 points in 6 MHL games. And now he has 7 points in 4 KHL games. Sometimes young players just do make big breakthroughs, and average players become stars. Especially, if they have a lot of talent. No, I ain't saying Tkachev will become a star for sure, but he has a lot of talent, it's stupid to deny.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Hes my favorite hockey prospect hands down, at some point this guy is going to get an NHL contract, only a matter of time.

He did... :laugh:

The contract got rejected. I would definitely like him in the Oilers pipe as the AHL team is devoid of elite forward talent. I suspect he'll receive an NHL contract off when he's 22-23 when he's ready to immediately jump into the league after fully physically maturing.

JA

Vladimir_Tkachev_Oilers.jpg

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I remeber people (including myself) told that Panarin is a big ice player. ;) Time will tell, for now I'm just glad that Tkachyov is able to play high-level hockey after all those injury troubles.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada

The contract got rejected. I would definitely like him in the Oilers pipe as the AHL team is devoid of elite forward talent. I suspect he'll receive an NHL contract off when he's 22-23 when he's ready to immediately jump into the league after fully physically maturing.

You really thought I didnt know this about my favourite prospect?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I agree with Zine. He's a big ice player. That probably explains why he struggled to dominate in the CHL.

I completely disagree. He is extremely quick in tight which is why he was so successful with highlight real plays on the small ice. Did he really struggle or are you just doing the ol'hfboard statistic based scouting? When playing with a suitable linemate in Barbashev they ripped apart the Q. Then he got a shoulder injury, got traded, still made a good showing considering. Now he's fully recovered, getting PP time with some other offensive wizards and now hes ready for prime time.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Toni Rajala never physically matured, some people genetically are incapable of putting on mass.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Talking about the big ice, it's a bit ironic, as Admiral team's rink is a small one, iirc. :)

Good catch. To all the ppl calling him a big ice player. He is just a talented player. He payed the price for being a primdonna early on and wasted some time with useless trips to NA and back. Putting aside those attitudes and embracing a role at a far east team seems to refurbish his career big time.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Really cool to see him do well, especially after having spent time in the graveyard that is NA hockey :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him earn himself an NHL contract (again) in the future. Kid is good.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Really cool to see him do well, especially after having spent time in the graveyard that is NA hockey :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him earn himself an NHL contract (again) in the future. Kid is good.

While I hate the 'graveyard' style rethorics, I must admit that the treatment of his shoulder injury that he got while he was in NA was a bit questionable to say at least.

Back on topic, Tkachyov added two more assists tonight.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

He didn't shine in SKA as well. Of course he was mostly injured last season.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I remeber people (including myself) told that Panarin is a big ice player. ;) Time will tell, for now I'm just glad that Tkachyov is able to play high-level hockey after all those injury troubles.

I was actually thinking the other day how much Tkachyov reminds me of Panarin from Vityaz days. Obviously Panarin improved his two-way game and play along the boards tremendously since so Tkachyov has a great example to follow. Growing some muscle is a must though otherwise he will be another Mozyakin, offensive wizard but not worthy of a risk to sign him to a solid NHL deal.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I was actually thinking the other day how much Tkachyov reminds me of Panarin from Vityaz days. Obviously Panarin improved his two-way game and play along the boards tremendously since so Tkachyov has a great example to follow. Growing some muscle is a must though otherwise he will be another Mozyakin, offensive wizard but not worthy of a risk to sign him to a solid NHL deal.

Well, Sedins aren't great along the boards, but still good in the NHL. You just need a right company to play with.

Tkachev isn't just good by himself, he's turning a pretty average player Sabolic into a KHL star. The last time Sabolic was a PPG player, when he played in EBEL, he wasn't anything special in SEL, DEL and Czech Extra-League. Of course, it's just a season's begining...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad