LW Vladimir Tkachyov - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2014 undrafted)

Revo

Jun 29, 2011
Quebec City
He was playing with Duclair when Erne was injured.

Not sure who he will be playing with now.

It wasn't because Erne was injured, he was meant to be with Duclair last game.

I really don't think it has anything to do with his linemates... Tkachev is wildly inconstant, that's nothing new. I think he's sufficiently intriguing to be a late round pick.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Incredible that someone did not take a stab with a late pick but in the end it does not matter. He can sign where he likes.

JFHockey

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary
"who do you guys like in the later rounds?"
"well, mr chiarrelli, we are still pretty high on Tkachev."
*fires entire scouting department*

Michael Farkas

Grace Personified
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.HockeyProspect.com
"who do you guys like in the later rounds?"
"well, mr chiarrelli, we are still pretty high on Tkachev."
*fires entire scouting department*

That's how I would handle it as well. No reason to use a draft pick on this player, in my opinion. It's not that he's bad at hockey or anything like that. He's just not worthy of selection in the NHL Draft for me...

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
From Tkachev's recent interview (in Russian):

• He is currently recovering from shoulder injury he got back in December.
  • Hopes to be invited to NHL training camps in September, mentioned that he likes Calgary and San Jose teams (don't know if it is a hint though). Also mentioned that Calgary had interest last year.
  • When asked about his size, told that he is 5'10" and 159 lbs now.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Undersized? Undrafted? Snatch him up Yzerman. Unless someone surprises us the Lightning's prospect pool at forward is getting very thin very quickly. All we really have to look forward to is Adam Erne in a couple of seasons and the further development of Brayden point.

It won't hurt to give this kid a shot. Seriously hope the Lightning consider him.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Undersized? Undrafted? Snatch him up Yzerman. Unless someone surprises us the Lightning's prospect pool at forward is getting very thin very quickly. All we really have to look forward to is Adam Erne in a couple of seasons and the further development of Brayden point.

It won't hurt to give this kid a shot. Seriously hope the Lightning consider him.

Tampa already has undersized Nikita Gusev. He's a better player than Tkachev.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Only problem with that is that he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to come to North America. He will play next year in Russia and what happens next is the big question. If he stays in Russia then, then I wouldn't be very hopeful.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
I would like to see Calgary signing him, just because it would be kind of ironic, since Oilers fans were naming him 'Vladdy Hockey' last year. :)

That's not ironic at all lol...

Anyways hope he gets a chance, but I don't really see the upside here.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Only problem with that is that he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to come to North America. He will play next year in Russia and what happens next is the big question. If he stays in Russia then, then I wouldn't be very hopeful.

I don't think they own his rights anymore. 2012 pick from Europe equals 2 years of rights if I recall correctly. Unless they signed him at some point which I don't think has happened.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Why did he only play in two games last season? Was he injured and missed the year?

As far as I remember, he was injured. And he played for SKA, which was (and is) very hard to get on. Now Tkachev plays for Admiral Vladivostok, and it looks like he's become a regular starter.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
hope he'll be a solid khler. but i never was impressed by him and when a guy of his size and skill crosses the ocean it doesn't speak favourably of his ability to think rationally. and that's always a bad sign.

oilers84

Jun 24, 2009
He played awesome a couple seasons back in oilers preseason so hopefully he can do it again
He is pretty shifty and sees the ice well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->