LW Vladimir Tkachyov - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2014 undrafted)

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
He's still flying under the radar, but I fully expect he'll be a highly sought after free agent by the end of this year.
The Rangers have to be the front-runner in landing him, but that may change very quickly once negotiations begin.
He leads a very poor Admiral in points (14 points in 17 gp) and next closest player only has 9 points. Despite starting the season with zero points in his first six games played, he now has 14 points in his last 11.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
30 points in his last 29 games.

Hope NYR invite him to camp/sign him and he doesn't have visa issues again.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So he is going to cancel his KHL contract on account of unpaid wages. He can be free out of his contract as soon as December, 22nd.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Would he be able to sign and play in the NHL this year then if he wanted to?

He could sign a contract at the conclusion of his KHL contract in March/or whenever the KHL season ends, but he'd be subject to league wide waiver wire whereby any team can claim him. Detroit tried this a while back and lost the player on a waiver claim. can't remember the specific player involved.

In order to be waiver exempt and sign with a team mid-season, the player has to be on that NHL team's 90 player reserve list.

Reactions: McFlyingV

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He could sign a contract at the conclusion of his KHL contract in March/or whenever the KHL season ends, but he'd be subject to league wide waiver wire whereby any team can claim him. Detroit tried this a while back and lost the player on a waiver claim. can't remember the specific player involved.

In order to be waiver exempt and sign with a team mid-season, the player has to be on that NHL team's 90 player reserve list.

And if he signs a contract with a team, that picks first on that waiver wire?

And as far as I understand, he can sign a contract immediately after his current contract is canceled, i.e. on December, 23rd. Of course, if the KHL agrees with his appeal.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
After seeing play on the American ice in the QMJHL, I wonder if Tkachev would have a significant impact in the NHL? He seemed to struggle with smaller rinks and less time and space to make his plays.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
And if he signs a contract with a team, that picks first on that waiver wire?

And as far as I understand, he can sign a contract immediately after his current contract is canceled, i.e. on December, 23rd. Of course, if the KHL agrees with his appeal.

You can't claim the player you put on waiver yourself.

After seeing play on the American ice in the QMJHL, I wonder if Tkachev would have a significant impact in the NHL? He seemed to struggle with smaller rinks and less time and space to make his plays.

We'll have to see. 3 years is a long time, especially at that age.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
We'll have to see. 3 years is a long time, especially at that age.

I would ignore an unprofessional opinion like that. He looked excellent next to Barbashev in the Q-my unprofessional opinion. And oh yeah, as an 18 yo in the NHL pre-saseason he was more that a ppg and one of the leading scorers - so he already proved he could play at a high level on the small ice. As one of the posters above already mentioned - his KHL team plays on an NHL sized rink - no problems. Excellent prospect - puck wizard like no other

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->