LW Sebastian Aho (2015, 35th, CAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaiski

Dec 27, 2015
I thought he was excellent in his NHL debut. Got an assist while sitting on the bench. But the big part was that Peters obviously trusted Aho big time, especially on the powerplay and Aho got to show his playmaking skills. He will be a big part of that hurricanes team. Can't wait to see more of him.

Last edited:

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
What an effort for the point. :naughty:

But yeah, if anything Aho showed tonight how smart player he is. He definately has great all around skills for a winger this young.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
It's clear he's gonna need a bit of an adjustment period to get his timing down but he did a lot of good things tonight. Was easy to tell how cerebral he is. No lack of confidence either.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Very impressive play from him tonight. Definitely had confidence in his play and of course showed his intellect level on many cases.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Seemed a bit invisible at the first period but really stepped up as the game went further. Was cheering for the Jets but couldn't help but hoping he'd end up on the score sheet regardless. Which he did. This guy is a wonderful weapon on the PP and as he adjusts to NHL he should hopefully start making impact on 5vs5 as well. A good debut!

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He's going to be such a good player. So smart, crafty. He definitely looks bigger, stronger, and faster. His shot looks heavier too. He had a heavy one timer where he just barely missed the net.

That 2015 draft is turning out alright. I'm in a 12 team keeper and walked away with:

Eichel
Barzal
Connor
Beauvillier
Aho
Malgin

All of whom are already playing NHL games.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I thought that he overall was pretty strong and was visible on the PP, but when I look at what's been written about his debut I guess I just didn't see him being as good as the stories would imply. I thought that he seemed to make several nervous mistakes and his secondary assist was just about as weak as they get. You could say everything counts but yeah ...

Him on the PP was definitely where he to me was most visible and he seemed to have plenty of responsibilities there so he definitely could have a good season(Even better than Donskoi's rookie season), but I didn't see this as the amazing debut people seem to be saying it was.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
He was good overall. Definitely seemed a bit nervous. There were a mix of nervous mistakes and miscommunications that weren't really his fault. Ex. making a drop pass to Hanifin that Noah didn't see coming, the guys just need to play with each other more. There one PP where Aho whiffed on a shot and then seemed like drifted frustrated for a couple seconds, seems more nerves. All in all, just some growing pains.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
And people told me I was nuts when I said that GMs are a lot smarter than HF posters lmao

Don't think anyone predicted his development curve after he was drafted. If these people were so smart they would have picked him early in the 1st round.

ruhroh*

Registered Goober
Aug 1, 2016
ur place
Ehh, he isn't anything special. Good junior player but I think his size and lack off high end offensive talent are going to hold him back. 3rd rounder at most. Reminds me a lot of Janne Pesonen and I think he will have a similar career.

edit Or not

LMAO :laugh:

ruhroh*

Registered Goober
Aug 1, 2016
ur place
The next Saku Koivu, amazing vision and skill. Hopefully he stays in shape and we get to see his full potential unlike Koivu.

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
His stickhandling and IQ reminds me of Matthews. While Auston have different tools, in those areas of the game they´re quite equal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
5 points in 5 games and so little talk about him.

He's so smart. Aho-Faulk-TT is fun to watch on powerplay.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
That first goal was sick, you could tell how hungry he was for it! Im glad to see aho and TT seem to have chemistry (simply looked at the highlights so could be wrong)

Aho is a beast for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad