LW/RW Nikolay Goldobin (2014, 27th, SJS; 2017 trade, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Yeah nice goal by Goldy there nothing too crazy but a nice effort. I really hope he manages to find a way to be more consistent. Maybe next year when the Canucks have a lil more talent upfront he will be one of the guys to really benefit from that

Reactions: Index

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
With more or less the same forward group coming back next year, plus the possible additions of Pettersson and Gaudette, the last 10 games here are going to be critical for Goldobin. He has shown flashes so far this year, but has been otherwise underwhelming. If he can't take advantage of this opportunity and better ice time, I can't see him making the team next year.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Next year will be his boom or bust year. I imagine he'll either crack the roster, or be the first call up for injuries.

He's been criticized (by team mates) about his work ethic and how he doesn't put in a lot of effort at practices. Sounds like he isn't trying to improve his two-way game as much as he should be. Next year will be huge for him. I'm hoping for a ~40 point season so he can continue to develop with the team.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
rejuvenated Goldobin the last 3 weeks. to be honest, I've never at any moment even seen Sven Baertchi play this good. suggestions of him taking Gagners spot with the Sedins is more and more often now. Kid is so confident it's unreal how he turned it around.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
rejuvenated Goldobin the last 3 weeks. to be honest, I've never at any moment even seen Sven Baertchi play this good. suggestions of him taking Gagners spot with the Sedins is more and more often now. Kid is so confident it's unreal how he turned it around.
Taking Gagners spot with the Sedins... right. You mean for one more game lawrence? Not really sure your angle on this one pal

Gold is playing better and if keeps up the progression COULD be a top 6er for us next season

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
As Goldy has gained a longer leash, and built confidence,his game has grown significantly in the past few weeks. I didn't have much hope for him being able to stay in the NHL next year, but he has shown enough ability recently that he will probably prove me wrong. Kid has a real passion for scoring.

Reactions: BrockBesnar

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Kinda sad that he leaves the Vancouver organisation for the KHL. Always thought he would be atleast a bonafide 3rd line scoring winger at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad