LW/RW Nikolay Goldobin (2014, 27th, SJS; 2017 trade, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
The "anomaly" is falling of in front of Maxime Lagace on a tough road trip. Everyone who cares knows that. It is actually amazing they are not getting destroyed. Many other teams would be cooked if they lost 3 goaltenders to injuries.

The bad choice is very effing obvious. He is spending years in the inferior AHL. What are the benefits? Does he learn a lot about the USA on the bus rides?
He JUST turned 22. People on these boards need to have a little faith.. not every player can have a 1st or 2nd year impact, some need to stew and develop a little bit before coming up.

Maxim Legace is 1-5 with almost a 4 GAA. He’s getting lit up. I don’t know what you’re really talking about, he’s playing bad. Vegas IS getting cooked.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
In Vancouver I saw him only a couple of times and never paid much extra attention so I won't challenge the judgment, but statistically he only had 3 games with more than 20 minutes there.

I'm thinking of someone like Tyler Johnson (a little guy not unlike Dawes), Vey narrowly outscored him both in the WHL and in the AHL, but ultimately it was Johnson that made it in the NHL.
Fair enough, there was definitely some hyperbole there on my part. He definitely did get more than enough of a shot though. I had high hopes for him too based on previous production.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Ideally we can trade Vanek for a 2nd at the TDL, and have Goldobin fill his role for the rest of the year. He has been very good in the AHL for a couple of years now, but it hasn't translated across to the NHL as of yet. Hopefully he is not an AAAA player, too good for the minors, not good enough for the big leagues.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I think he is going to be traded at some point, there is no room for him in Vancouver considering Pettersson and Dahlen will make it to the NHL and I anticipate a free agent signing in the off-season when Sedin's salaries are off the book.

Ideally, this is a time you trade a good forward prospect for a good defence prospect.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Johnson : "Nick needs to play a big block of games and when he gets called up, I don't want to see him ever again in Utica."

yangmang

Sep 28, 2006
ive read on this guy and it seems like he is good ahl player but wont translate to the nhl. might be a bust like shinkaruk

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

Like how he sold he was going to shoot and drew the defenders towards him. He was fairly uneventful (which is a good thing) with the exception of two good passes, one of which led to the Boeser goal. On defense he made an effort, albeit seemed a bit lost in regards to positioning. Still a work in progress but last nigh was very encouraging imo.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
ive read on this guy and it seems like he is good ahl player but wont translate to the nhl. might be a bust like shinkaruk

Hunter is not even a good AHL player, so Goldobin is already ahead of him on that.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Like how he sold he was going to shoot and drew the defenders towards him. He was fairly uneventful (which is a good thing) with the exception of two good passes, one of which led to the Boeser goal. On defense he made an effort, albeit seemed a bit lost in regards to positioning. Still a work in progress but last nigh was very encouraging imo.

Goldobin’s defensive issues were never because he was lazy and always because he genuinely doesn’t intuitively get defensive positioning.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Goldobin’s defensive issues were never because he was lazy and always because he genuinely doesn’t intuitively get defensive positioning.

Ferraro said it best.. kids as skilled as him develop their entire lives with the puck on their stick versus chasing. The kid just hasnt developed the defensive game because he just rarely had to worry about it. Of course he said it better and differently but this is the gist of it.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
He has looked good in his 3 games so far this year, and has certainly not looked out of place. If he can stay with Boeser and Horvat, I would expect that he is going to put up some decent numbers. It also allows Baertschi to move down the lineup and play on the 3rd line.

Goldobin has great potential, but has to be producing points to be effective. Whether he can do that remains to be seen. Either way, he seems like fair value for what we should have got in the Hansen deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->