LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
thats too funny you picked him last. if memory serves he was picked #1 in the khl draft. how he fell to the 5th round is a mystery of the universe.

I don't know a thing about the KHL draft, but it looks like the 2nd and 3rd OA picks aren't exactly tearing up the MHL, so I'm assuming the best talent is not taken because they are expected to go to NA? Hopefully there is someone who knows more than me

Edit:
I guess Svechnikov and Kamenev were taken top 3 the year before. However, it does look like they have learned and stopped drafting players who will clearly be playing in the NHL

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I don't know a thing about the KHL draft, but it looks like the 2nd and 3rd OA picks aren't exactly tearing up the MHL, so I'm assuming the best talent is not taken because they are expected to go to NA? Hopefully there is someone who knows more than me

Edit:
I guess Svechnikov and Kamenev were taken top 3 the year before. However, it does look like they have learned and stopped drafting players who will clearly be playing in the NHL

Basically, the order in which players are chosen doesnt mean too much. The draft is more about KHL teams protecting the players they develop.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Where would Kaprizov go in a redraft? I've heard some extremely flattering things about him. Clearly he'd be a first round pick. But top 15? 10?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im not sure where kaprizov would go in the draft today but if he has a solid year this season (say 35 pts) i would think top 10 in a redraft.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Speaking about redraft is pointless, untill these guys will play a few seasons in the NHL. Remember 2010 draft and how everything has changed since?

KarIgo87

Rider on the Storm
May 22, 2015
Moscow
im not sure where kaprizov would go in the draft today but if he has a solid year this season (say 35 pts) i would think top 10 in a redraft.

35 points on a 3-4 line would be insanely good. Nearly impossible. And I don't think Zakharkin will replace Omark, Grigorenko, Hartikainen, Lisin by Kirill. And he looks pretty good now with Vorobyov (Philly's 2015 Draft pick) and Lazarev.

Redraft for 2015? Way too early. But probably low in 1st round.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I remember all those 2010 redrafts. First people talked, that Tarasenko was probably top10 (Rangers fans were mad, that the club didn't pick him with 10OA). Then he became a surething top5. Now... well, it's either him or Seguin. So you may figure it out.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Does he only score in bunches?

It looks like. Still, those goals were the first two of the game, so he started the whole thing. He plays on the 3rd line with another teenager (Vorobyov), so don't expect him to score a lot. I think it's a good experience to him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It looks like. Still, those goals were the first two of the game, so he started the whole thing. He plays on the 3rd line with another teenager (Vorobyov), so don't expect him to score a lot. I think it's a good experience to him.

Any shot of him moving up (top 6 wingers struggling) or is it pretty much a done deal that he's staying on the 3rd?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Any shot of him moving up (top 6 wingers struggling) or is it pretty much a done deal that he's staying on the 3rd?

Well, Salavat has some depth, so hard to say. I don't think there will be any changes while the team keeps winning. Coaches don't usually care about personal statistics. The kids' line (19, 19 and 21 yo) is doing well overall as a 3rd line.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Dumb question maybe, but I've always wondered why the KHL doesn't use cyrillic for names on jerseys.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
8+6 in 21 games with 13min TOI

At speed for 2nd alltime 19yo in KHL season scoring.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
8+6 in 21 games with 13min TOI

At speed for 2nd alltime 19yo in KHL season scoring.

Needed time to adjust to a new team and a new role. I expect him to have a great WJC and a good second half in the KHL.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
3 more points today, 7 goals in last 8 games. Also with a match misconduct for a silly stick tap which the refs called spearing. Not really how anyone would picture spearing in their mind but in theory they are right, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad