LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Parise didn't say anything about him. I saw the discussion on the Rangers board, but it seems to be a reference to this:
Wild news: Parise says he ‘stunk’; Kaprizov signs 3-year KHL deal

Parise was talking about his own season. He's never met or had anything to say about Kaprizov.

Thanks I read that and was curious if that was what was being misconstrued. In any case he'll be well season against some top talent by the time he makes the trip across the pond. Wonder if the wild will trade his rights as if he spurned them ?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Thanks I read that and was curious if that was what was being misconstrued. In any case he'll be well season against some top talent by the time he makes the trip across the pond. Wonder if the wild will trade his rights as if he spurned them ?
I don't think it was taken that way by the Wild and I doubt they'd trade his rights.

It sounds like there was just a breakdown in communication due to his NA agent at that time. Kaprizov has since switched representation to Dan Milstein, Fletcher flew over for a meeting over dinner, and the lines of communication have improved. The current plan seems to be for him to come over in 2020 after his KHL contract is up.

Reactions: Cheapshot

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
He needs to be brought over to the States...with a clause that Datsyuk is his linemate!

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Here's to hoping he gets a fat contract in the KHL, unless he get's traded out of the Central.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
There's no telling if he will excel in the NHL. Maybe, maybe not. I'd need to see what he does for Iowa first.

I would love to see him over here though, and maybe on a line with...I don't know, Grandlund centering him? And Neidereiter on the other wing? That might work. Or him, Koivu and Granny on a line.

I could definitely see him and Grandlun having chemistry together.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
5G+4A in 6 games in the Olympics.

It's a hard time for the Wild fans since how can they expect him to come over now... yet if he woudn't be that good he definitely wouldn't come over, as he just wouldn't be good enough. :sarcasm: So yeah, judging by the HFboards, Minnesota based psychologists are gonna make tons of money in the next two years. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
If he ever does come over, I'm interested to know how his game will translate. On one hand he basically plays an NA game already. He plays more of a grinder/boardwork/positioning style. That would seem to fit in the NHL. But on the other hand, he's not real big, and he clearly doesn't have the puck or skating skills of prototypical star Russians like Gusev/Kovalchuk/Datsyuk/etc./etc. He can shoot a one-timer, but that's about it. The rest of his puck and skating skills were noticeably lacking compared to his linemates. He seems like a 3rd-wheel type that plays complementary to highly skilled linemates that can make the skill plays and skate the puck around the ice for him. He doesn't make things happen by himself, and he certainly wasn't finishing without a great setup by a linemate. He doesn't appear to be the catalyst to a line. So we'll see how that works if he does come over. Could go either way.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
If he ever does come over, I'm interested to know how his game will translate. On one hand he basically plays an NA game already. He plays more of a grinder/boardwork/positioning style. That would seem to fit in the NHL. But on the other hand, he's not real big, and he clearly doesn't have the puck or skating skills of prototypical star Russians like Gusev/Kovalchuk/Datsyuk/etc./etc. He can shoot a one-timer, but that's about it. The rest of his puck and skating skills were noticeably lacking compared to his linemates. He seems like a 3rd-wheel type that plays complementary to highly skilled linemates that can make the skill plays and skate the puck around the ice for him. He doesn't make things happen by himself, and he certainly wasn't finishing without a great setup by a linemate. He doesn't appear to be the catalyst to a line. So we'll see how that works if he does come over. Could go either way.
You and watched a totally different player than everyone else then. Lacking puck skills but was one of the top scorers in the tournament. Yet had 3 assists tonight. He created a lot by himself.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
In some ways the Wild are lucky that he is developing on someone else's dime in a very good league. Those extra couple of years will let him mature physically, and prepare himself for a move over to North America, if that's what he wants. It's fun to speculate on how good he will be in the NHL. Certainly not an easy player to "type".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad