LW Oskar Lindblom - Brynas, SWE (2014, 138th, PHI)

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Erik Karlsson never won defenseman of the year, therefore every player who has not won defenseman of the year will win at least one Norris.

I think he was just stating that it's still tough to adjust to NA even if you're great in Europe. Maybe will be easy for Lindblom, but we don't know that yet. That being said I believe he can perfom well in NHL but the Runblad statement isn't completely pointless.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
I think he was just stating that it's still tough to adjust to NA even if you're great in Europe. Maybe will be easy for Lindblom, but we don't know that yet. That being said I believe he can perfom well in NHL but the Runblad statement isn't completely pointless.

Its pointless. Nobody thinks being (one of) the best players in the SHL guarantees NHL success.

At least I hope nobody thinks that.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

One of the helpful data points we have on Lindblom is his 8 game stretch in the AHL last year where he put up 7 points and was the best player on the ice most nights for a decidedly middling Phantoms team. This was before he took his game to another level entirely this year.

I'm certainly not saying an 8 game stretch is proof of anything, just that it's a piece we didn't have with Rundblad when the hype was building.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
This guy just seems criminally underrated.

Even in THN's Future Watch I believe he was 7th or 8th ON HIS TEAM!

He should be a top 30-40 prospect at the very least.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
seems like everyone is pencilling him into the top 9, half of which on the top line for opening day

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
seems like everyone is pencilling him into the top 9, half of which on the top line for opening day

The Flyers rolled three scoring lines after acquiring Filppula at the deadline last season, and that should continue. You can call the Giroux line the top line, but they probably won't get more 5 on 5 icetime or points than the Couturier line. That's how it has been for two full seasons now.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Filthadelphia Flyers

Not even that they are dirty, its that their damn roster is going to be filthy in 2-3 years.

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-2nd OV-Simmonds

Sprinkle in the tremendous backend they are building

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Myers

And probably the best goalie prospects in the world not in the NHL

Hart
Sandstrom

This isn't even including all the glue guys, and secondary support....In three years I see the battle for the cup will be between Toronto/Philly/Edmonton/Wild

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-2nd OV-Simmonds

Sprinkle in the tremendous backend they are building

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Myers

And probably the best goalie prospects in the world not in the NHL

Hart
Sandstrom

This isn't even including all the glue guys, and secondary support....In three years I see the battle for the cup will be between Toronto/Philly/Edmonton/Wild

As an optimistic Flyer fan, I don't want to start predicting too far ahead, but if the rest of the prospects we've drafted, or even 75% of them, turn out as well as Provorov and Konecny have, it's certainly encouraging. A big key to the depth will be the 7 picks in the top 108 this year too. If they can hit on a few future NHLers out of that bunch, it will really help.

Last couple drafts look promising: http://flyers.ice.nhl.com/club/draftstats.htm?year=All&round=All&team=PHI

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-Hischier/Patrick-Simmonds
Laughton-Couturier-Schenn
Vorobyov-Rubtsov-Allison
Kase/Aube-Kubel/Laczynski/Bunnaman/Laberge

Provorov-Myers
Sanheim-Gudas (Radko will be around awhile)
Morin-Gostisbehere
Hagg-Friedman

Hart
Sandstrom
Madsen - starred at Harvard
Stolarz - proved he can at least play in NHL this year

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
^What's the deal with Scott Laughton? Saw he was mostly in the minors

They kept him in the AHL this year to round out his game and focus on defense. Some Flyer fans have soured on him, but I still think he'll be a good NHL player. He got a really bad concussion a couple years ago that set him back. He's still young, fast, has decent size and good offensive skills. I'm pretty sure he'll be on the opening roster this year, probably on the 4th line, and will have a good year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
^What's the deal with Scott Laughton? Saw he was mostly in the minors

This upcoming training camp is going to be crucial for him.

He should have every opportunity to win the 4C spot. He will be battling for it against Mike Vecchione and Pierre-Edouard Bellemare. Vecchione hasn't spent any time in the AHL yet after the Flyers signed him out of Union College and Bellemare has shown to be poor on faceoffs and defensive coverage when playing Center. Laughton needs to seize this opportunity.

As for Lindblom, he was flat-out awesome in the SHL this past season, turning in one of of the top 5 best seasons by a 20 year old in SHL history. His game should translate to the NHL rather easily too. He's going to be a good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad