LW Nando Eggenberger - HC Davos, NLA (2018 undrafted)

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Switzerland is really gaining on Slovakia. Multiple notable prospects in recent and future years, with much less notable Slovakians. Mueller, Fiala, Meier, Malgin, Hischier being the crown jewel as of now, and Eggenberger, Kurashev, and Rochette down the line. You'd be hard pressed to find a comparable amount of prospects in quality and quantity from Slovakia and other second tier nations. Switzerland defiantly looking like they'll pass Slovakia and separate themselves from the likes of Germany, Denmark, etc.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Switzerland is really gaining on Slovakia. Multiple notable prospects in recent and future years, with much less notable Slovakians. Mueller, Fiala, Meier, Malgin, Hischier being the crown jewel as of now, and Eggenberger, Kurashev, and Rochette down the line. You'd be hard pressed to find a comparable amount of prospects in quality and quantity from Slovakia and other second tier nations. Switzerland defiantly looking like they'll pass Slovakia and separate themselves from the likes of Germany, Denmark, etc.

Roman and Fehervary are up there with Nando and Kurashev. For Rochette there's Knazko, but it's too early for 02's anyway.
That being said, I think everyone will agree Switzerland has been better at the junior level for a couple of years now. They have surpassed them.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017

I disagree with you, because ... at first our (slovak) players birth 99 won all games against swiss (99) from category U16. On the swiss side are Hischier, Kurashev, Eggenberger, Sigirst, Coulture, Geisser, Simic and maybe Muller, and on the slovak side are Ruzicka, Roman, Fehervary, Liska, Ivan, Hrehorcak, Fafrak, Kelemen, Kupec, Krivosik, Balaz, Pospisil. Players for the next draft (late 99) Kurashev and Eggenberger are similar level like Liska, Roman and Fehervary.

Slovaks young players ... Dano (94), Reway (95), Cehlarik (95), Jaros (96), Cernak (96), Bondra (97), Studenic (98), Bucek (98), Ruzicka (99) and Koys(95), Paulovic (95), Pospisil (96), Bodak (98), Galbavy (98) ...

SUI young players ... Fiala (96), Meier (96), Malgin (97), Siegenthaler (97), Riat (97), Rod (96), Mueller (95), Suter (96), Hischier (99)... I know, that swiss players are better like slovaks but bit better, no much better.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I disagree with you, because ... at first our (slovak) players birth 99 won all games against swiss (99) from category U16. On the swiss side are Hischier, Kurashev, Eggenberger, Sigirst, Coulture, Geisser, Simic and maybe Muller, and on the slovak side are Ruzicka, Roman, Fehervary, Liska, Ivan, Hrehorcak, Fafrak, Kelemen, Kupec, Krivosik, Balaz, Pospisil. Players for the next draft (late 99) Kurashev and Eggenberger are similar level like Liska, Roman and Fehervary.

Slovaks young players ... Dano (94), Reway (95), Cehlarik (95), Jaros (96), Cernak (96), Bondra (97), Studenic (98), Bucek (98), Ruzicka (99) and Koys(95), Paulovic (95), Pospisil (96), Bodak (98), Galbavy (98) ...

SUI young players ... Fiala (96), Meier (96), Malgin (97), Siegenthaler (97), Riat (97), Rod (96), Mueller (95), Suter (96), Hischier (99)... I know, that swiss players are better like slovaks but bit better, no much better.

Fiala, Malgin, Hischier and Meier are all much better than any slovak player you mentioned

and Nando Eggenberger wants you to talk about him, not about the swiss hockey

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

Extremely disagree. Swiss young players are a completely different level. Daniel isn't a "prospect" anymore. Eggenberger and Kurashev are also way better than the Slovaks you named. Roman comes somewhat close and slightly Fehervary.

Swiss youth is on a whole new level right now.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Have to root for a guy with a name like his.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
Fiala, Malgin, Hischier and Meier are all much better than any slovak player you mentioned

and Nando Eggenberger wants you to talk about him, not about the swiss hockey

Fiala, Meier, Hischier and Malgin are much better than Bondra, Pospisil etc, but Reway, Cehlarik and Jaros have very good quality. Reway had one point per game in each leauge, where he played (NLA, CZE extraliga, QJMHL ...)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If he becomes an NHLer so I can hear people say his name regularly, I will never complain about anything again.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Wow, Davos managed to get beaten by Cardiff???

Yes and it wasn't even that close as the result suggests. They got outplayed badly the whole game. It was an atrocious performance from start to finish. No offence, no defence and ludicrous errors from start to finish.

Cardiff could have easily won 10-3 if they buried all the golden chances they had.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I saw mentioned by a few sources (before the draft) that Eggenberger was looking to maybe come over to the CHL next year. I would think going undrafted will probably give him added incentive instead of potentially stagnating in the NLA for another year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->