LW Kirill Maksimov - Barys, KHL (2017, 146th, EDM released)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This kid is starting to reallt excite me as an Oilers fan. For all the short falls we have had with Chirelli he has done a pretty good job drafting and restocking the barren cupboards in the Oils pipeline

Does Edmonton have a draft pick from outside the first round on their roster? That wouldn't seem like good drafting.

Why are the cupboards bare? Doesn't Edmonton pick early almost every year?

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Does Edmonton have a draft pick from outside the first round on their roster? That wouldn't seem like good drafting.

Why are the cupboards bare? Doesn't Edmonton pick early almost every year?
The cupboards we're bare because all our previous GMs couldn't draft outside the first round. Something Chiarelli has been excellent at .
You must not understand what I mean by pipeline or stocking the cupboards. I made no mention of the NHL roster. Chia has only been around for three drafts and are developing nicely.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
This kid is looking like an absolute steal at 146 in the draft. In starting to salivate over that shot really hope he can continue to improve and make the step to the NHL because he has a skill set that the Oilers are in dire need of.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Really too bad he didn't make the WJC team, would've been fun to see him there.

Either way, real excited to see how he translates his game to the pro level next year.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Very exciting prospect for Oilers fans. He could become our first right handed sniper since who-knows-when. His release is absolutely filthy.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Maksimov has had a really good year thus far and I really like his shot, but I don' t like some of the decisions he takes with the puck at times. Still think he eventually makes the league and could become a top-6 guy for the Oilers.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Maksimov has had a really good year thus far and I really like his shot, but I don' t like some of the decisions he takes with the puck at times. Still think he eventually makes the league and could become a top-6 guy for the Oilers.

His play and decision making in the neutral zone continue to be an issue at times. He can be a very frustrating player to watch because of this. Turnovers are a problem. It will be the biggest stumbling block for him as he turns pro next year. Sometimes the simple play,; the simple dump is the necessary play, instead of trying to force a pass or dangle through multiple defenders.

But his size and goal scoring ability are big time assets and I do continue to be a fan.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
His shot is filthy.

We’ve needed a right shooting sniper for forever hopefully in the coming years he develops into that.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->