LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
If he does I am not sure he will be able to exercise it. I heard an interview be the Wild beat writer Michael Russo a few months ago and he made it sound like there was a some KGB **** going on with this guy. I think he even mentioned a Putin connection to his contract situation.

Which says more about Russo than it does about the contract situation.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yeah, it was Putin, he told Kirill: Stay in Russia or I will kill you! And Kaprizov stayed.

Don't blame the messenger. He also said that no one from the Wild or their representatives have ever spoken to him and that Team Russia and his dad have locked them out from even talking to him. He said that his NA agent was mysteriously fired and that Wild really wanted to sign him last year but weren't even given a chance to talk to him and later he was heard in the media saying that "Wild didn't have much interest in him". Russo speculated that there is a group around him cutting off all communications and filling his head with their own narrative. To be honest it sounded pretty credible esp the part about Team Russia locking the Wild out of talking to him at World Juniors. That is very sketchy.

Which says more about Russo than it does about the contract situation.

Well Russo is a respected writer. He is not some clickbaiter. He wouldn't just make stuff up

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Apparently he has a release clause at the end of year 2.
My understanding is that it is a 3 year deal but, like all KHL contracts, the player has the option to buy his way out of the final year. Don't remember reading anything about a release clause.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Don't blame the messenger. He also said that no one from the Wild or their representatives have ever spoken to him and that Team Russia and his dad have locked them out from even talking to him. He said that his NA agent was mysteriously fired and that Wild really wanted to sign him last year but weren't even given a chance to talk to him and later he was heard in the media saying that "Wild didn't have much interest in him". Russo speculated that there is a group around him cutting off all communications and filling his head with their own narrative. To be honest it sounded pretty credible esp the part about Team Russia locking the Wild out of talking to him at World Juniors. That is very sketchy.

What’s so sketchy about the Russian WJC team locking the Wild out of talking to Kaprizov? Every player on Russia was held to that same standard.

During a short and intense tourney like the WJC, a player’s focus and responsibility should be 100% to his team - 100% of the time.
I see nothing wrong with a coaching staff who believe the WJC is neither the place nor time for a player to go meet with some other organization to discuss his future aspirations.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I wonder if he even wants to be in the NHL

He says he does.

Just because a player doesnt bow down to the almighty NHL at first chance doesnt mean he isnt committed, or something shady is happening.
I think Kaprizov understands the big picture and is doing what’s best for his development. There’s no need to rush anything.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He says he does.

Just because a player doesnt bow down to the almighty NHL at first chance doesnt mean he isnt committed, or something shady is happening.
I think Kaprizov understands the big picture and is doing what’s best for his development. There’s no need to rush anything.
Good for Minnesota, then. He will be an absolute monster. The path he has chosen makes me think if Tolvanen should play more in KHL too. But i doubt he will.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Well Russo is a respected writer. He is not some clickbaiter. He wouldn't just make stuff up
Do you jump on every single one "the Russian did it" and wave with it? I mean it is beyond funny by now what stuff your media makes up.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Pretty sure JetsFan815 is over-dramatizing Russo's take's on it, unless there is an podcast or radio hit I haven't heard.

Russo's reporting on it is basically that the whole situation "feels" sketchy, and there simply isn't a ton of information. What he knows is that Fletcher was locked out of seeing him at WJC (understandable in my opinion) and Fletcher had been trying to reach Kap through his registered North American agent, who Kaprizov apparently froze out and fired. Kaprizov basically didn't inform his agent he'd been fired, simply stopped returning his calls early this summer. That's the part that "feels sketchy", because there just is no information readily available. You hear rumors about possible extensions for months, try to contact Kap through his agent (the normal protocol) and just nothing. Russo said the Wild don't even know if he has an NHLPA certified agent right now that they can talk to(this was a few months ago now, so maybe they do now).

There may have been a Putin or KGB joke mixed in, but it wasn't a serious accusation that Putin or the KGB had a hand in this. He did say stuff along the lines of that there was probably a lot of pressure on him from the KHL and Russian Hockey Federation to stay/extend. But that's perfectly reasonable and even to be expected given the Russia will want it's best players it can for the Olympics and executives like Fetisov are on record saying young players should stay in the KHL longer, and the KHL wants to keep it's players.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Pretty sure JetsFan815 is over-dramatizing Russo's take's on it, unless there is an podcast or radio hit I haven't heard.

Russo's reporting on it is basically that the whole situation "feels" sketchy, and there simply isn't a ton of information. What he knows is that Fletcher was locked out of seeing him at WJC (understandable in my opinion) and Fletcher had been trying to reach Kap through his registered North American agent, who Kaprizov apparently froze out and fired. Kaprizov basically didn't inform his agent he'd been fired, simply stopped returning his calls early this summer. That's the part that "feels sketchy", because there just is no information readily available. You hear rumors about possible extensions for months, try to contact Kap through his agent (the normal protocol) and just nothing. Russo said the Wild don't even know if he has an NHLPA certified agent right now that they can talk to(this was a few months ago now, so maybe they do now).

There may have been a Putin or KGB joke mixed in, but it wasn't a serious accusation that Putin or the KGB had a hand in this. He did say stuff along the lines of that there was probably a lot of pressure on him from the KHL and Russian Hockey Federation to stay/extend. But that's perfectly reasonable and even to be expected given the Russia will want it's best players it can for the Olympics and executives like Fetisov are on record saying young players should stay in the KHL longer, and the KHL wants to keep it's players.

This "journalist" wasn't joking when he also intimated this on twitter. It's fun to feed on people's paranoia, but it is bad journalism and blatant xenophobia.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
all russo is saying is the wild were blocked from communicating with kaprizov , why is that so hard to believe especially after kaprizov fired his north american agent?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
all russo is saying is the wild were blocked from communicating with kaprizov , why is that so hard to believe especially after kaprizov fired his north american agent?

Man, if a person from Russia started to say some nonsense about USA, what would be your reaction? It's impossible to block anybody from communication in Russia, without jailing that person. And even then you can hire a lawer and get your communication.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well if you believe that then everybody in the wild organization including chuck fletcher is lying. i choose to believe wild mgmt are not lying. lets move on.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Kaprizov was only blocked from communicating with the Wild during the WJC. Totally understandable.

Nothing prohibited the Wild from sending some representative to Russia to talk to him face-to-face. I mean this past summer Babcock and Lamoriello put forth the effort to fly to Moscow and speak with Kaprizov's teammate Ozhiganov, who isn't even part of the Leaf's system.
Apart from gross incompetence, there's no reason the Wild couldn't have done the same for Kaprizov.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Probably because Kaprizov's NA agent wasn't needed anymore.

I gather Kaprizov was looking for more of an effort and commitment from the Wild, more so than telling his agent "we're waiting for you to join us one day".
Like I said, sending some representative to his hometown to meet with him could've made a world of difference.

Lysenkov: “Did Minnesota show a lot of interest in you? [Like, for example] when Nikita Zaitsev left for the NHL, he spent the whole year being courted by Toronto. It was clear that the Leafs needed him as a defender.”

Kaprizov: “There was not much interest in recent times. After the World Junior Championship, yes, [Minnesota] was interested in me. They told me through my agent that their club was waiting for me to join them one day, but nobody spoke to me personally.”
https://www.hockeywilderness.com/20...-kaprizov-situation-minnesota-khl-cska-moscow

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Well, if Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Radulov, Kovalchuk, Shipachyov, Dadonov, Zaitsev, Buchnevich, Vasilevskiy etc. were allowed to communicate and Kaprizov wasn't due to some political stuff, it can only mean one thing: he is the chosen one to be a successor for He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. :sarcasm:

well if you believe that then everybody in the wild organization including chuck fletcher is lying. i choose to believe wild mgmt are not lying. lets move on.

Fletcher is not lying, he told that his communication channels were blocked and it is true, as it sounds like that he didn't have any other channels than Kaprizov's NA agents, who were fired. He better take some courses from other franchises (for example, Toronto) on how to communicate with Russian-based players. P.s. I wouldn't be surprised if Fletcher's communication channels with Svetlakov are not working too, I hope someone will ask him that.

please answer why did kaprizov fire his north american agent?

But why would he need a NA agent at this point at all? I mean, those usually cost some money.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

That's not all he was saying.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Well, if Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Radulov, Kovalchuk, Shipachyov, Dadonov, Zaitsev, Buchnevich, Vasilevskiy etc. were allowed to communicate and Kaprizov wasn't due to some political stuff, it can only mean one thing: he is the chosen one to be a successor for He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. :sarcasm:

LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad