LW Jake DeBrusk (2015, 14th, BOS)

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
4th most points for rookies in the AHL. One goal away from 20 goals and 50 points. I haven't seen as much of the P Bruins as I would like but every time I do Debrusk stands out as one of the best players on the ice. Well rounded skill wise and a relentless motor.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Had himself a solid NHL debut. A sick goal and an assist. Kid is a smart player and knows where to be. He has a good and active stick and made things happen a lot tonight.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Goal and an assist last night. He's looked very good so far in this young season. He displays solid playmaking ability, he's very good in front of the net. Soft hands and is sound at both ends of the ice. A fun player to watch.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
DeBrusk made things happen last night. Made Norris Trophy winner, Brent Burns, look like a rookie on his assist. He dangled the hell out of him, made a nice net drive on a "semi-ish breakaway" and got an assist on Peter Cehlarik's first NHL goal. Then used his solid speed right at the end of a PK, and grabbed another breakaway and showed soft hands and a quick shot, tucking it far side on Dell....Then celly'd hard like he always does. Love watching him grow as a player and produce. He is fun to watch.

His dangle/assist:

His goal:

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
His first NHL season is progressing similarly to his first AHL season.

He looks lost at times, but flashes some high-end skills. He seems to be figuring things out and adjusting to the speed of the game.

It remains to be seen if the Bruins picked the best players in 2015... but I think it's time people stop acting like they picked bad players.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I still can’t believe they didn’t pick Barzal, but DeBrusk looks decent.
I cannot believe the devils took Zacha over Werenski or Barzal or DeBrusk or Chabot or Boeser, see how this game goes on and on.

Bruins have 4 rookies in the top 17 for pts, we are doing better then most of the teams in the league. Funny how that never makes the main board. There will be misses and some busts. I will take the sheer numbers we have drafted and allow the averages to be collectively better then single players. Jake's game is more then pts he is a hound all over the ice and not a pure scorer. Nine pts to Zacha's five, decently nearly double the pts.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I cannot believe the devils took Zacha over Werenski or Barzal or DeBrusk or Chabot or Boeser, see how this game goes on and on.

Bruins have 4 rookies in the top 17 for pts, we are doing better then most of the teams in the league. Funny how that never makes the main board. There will be misses and some busts. I will take the sheer numbers we have drafted and allow the averages to be collectively better then single players. Jake's game is more then pts he is a hound all over the ice and not a pure scorer. Nine pts to Zacha's five, decently nearly double the pts.

I actually think DeBrusk is a pure scorer. He did put up 45 goals one year in the WHL. He can score a bunch of different ways. He has a good shot, he's not afraid of the dirty areas, and has soft hands. I do think it's comical that a Devils fan is commenting on how Boston should have taken Barzal. Oh, the irony.

Can this thread stay about Jake DeBrusk instead of having to read about Matt Barzal, and every other player the Bruins supposedly "missed on"? It's very annoying.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

I see what you’re accusing me of here, but I’ve always liked Barzal, he should’ve been a top 10 pick.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Debrusk was one of only 2 players(i think) to score 40+ goals in his pre-draft year from the vaunted 2015 draft. He absolutely has very good scoring touch.

So what I meant was he is "Not Just" a goal scorer but does the dirty work also, an all around product, not someone that stands in one spot and waits to get feed one timers.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
He got scratched for one game and this was his return. Not bad, I'd say. He doesn't seem very big but he's always in the hard areas, using his leverage, and scrapping away with some clear skill to boot. He definitely looks like he can develop into some solid winger depth for the B's with that interesting grit/skill combo. If Debrusk develops into a 2 way 25-25 winger I'd take that all day.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Krecji back in the lineup and skating better. DeBrusk gives him a beauty pass across the ice, kid is amazing. What a solid pick and assisted by another rookie Peter Cehlarik, Bruins are stacked with prospects

Last edited:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Glad he’s doing great, out of the three Bruins 2015 first round picks I thought he’d be the best so I’m glad my prediction is looking good, it’s too early to say that he’s the best out of the three but still, nice to see

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He now has 6 points in his last 5 games, kid loves the spotlight and is a gamer. They had him on the ice in the last minute vs the Pens with a pulled goalie, so he is more then a pts player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad