LW Grigori Denisenko (2018, 15th, FLA; claimed by VGK)

canucks4ever

Mar 4, 2008
He still somehow doesn't impress in the MHL this season. I mean, Shafigullin of the same draft has twice as many points in less games played.
In a way its similar to Brady Tkachuk. Brady is getting outscored in the ncaa by other players his own age and yet many here have him as the 3rd best forward in the draft.

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
Had pretty good game today for Lokomotiv, laid a really good hit on Prokhorkin who didn't keep his head up. Which resulted in a series of roughing and fighting from both sides. Denisenko was then targeted by SKA players, namely Voynov. Btw Slava also fought 18 years old Kovalenko a bit later, tough guy.

P.S. Not sure if khl mediaplayer is working for you, it's pretty awful for us too tbh.

Last edited:

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
Loko should go after Tikhonov the next match. Picking on a 17 year old because of a clean hit is a punk move.

I think Tikhonov actions were justified. The hit was clean but he couldn't have known that and Prokhorkin was pretty shook after it. It's pretty common in NHL to go after the guy even if he laid a clean but really hard hit so it's no different here, he got welcomed to the men's hockey so to say. But when SKA players went for Denisenko later it was a bit too much, Voynov's multiple cross-checkings and then his fight with 18 years old Kovalenko weren't something to be proud of tbh.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Tikhonov actions were justified. The hit was clean but he couldn't have known that and Prokhorkin was pretty shook after it. It's pretty common in NHL to go after the guy even if he laid a clean but really hard hit so it's no different here, he got welcomed to the men's hockey so to say. But when SKA players went for Denisenko later it was a bit too much, Voynov's multiple cross-checkings and then his fight with 18 years old Kovalenko weren't something to be proud of tbh.

I understand the reasoning, but I don't like grown men going after kids. Go after their teammates. I think that is or should be one of the unwritten rules of these fights.

Didn't Nizhnekamsk do that to Kravtsov in the last round of the playoffs? I don't like any of it. I think its similar to when a goon in the NHL goes after skill players. If fighting is going to have a place in the sport, let it be between the guys who have that as their designated role or at least experienced players. Skill guys and kids/rookies shouldn't be picked on and egged into it.

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
I understand the reasoning, but I don't like grown men going after kids. Go after their teammates. I think that is or should be one of the unwritten rules of these fights.

Didn't Nizhnekamsk do that to Kravtsov in the last round of the playoffs? I don't like any of it. I think its similar to when a goon in the NHL goes after skill players. If fighting is going to have a place in the sport, let it be between the guys who have that as their designated role or at least experienced players. Skill guys and kids/rookies shouldn't be picked on and egged into it.

Well I think his age didn't matter at the moment, Tikhonov just stood up for his partner. It wouldn't have made sense to go after someone else when it was Denisenko who took out Prokhorkin. He probably didn't even know who it was and what's his age, it was in heat of the moment. And Thikhonov isn't a fighter or goon himself, he was just all fired up after scoring 2 goals.
In situations like these some other older Loko guys had to step up and protect the kid. Why Talbot didn't do it? Korshkov really stood up for kids later in the game although he himself isn't much older.

Nizhnekamsk is another matter, Dirty Naz at it again.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016

When you're playing with grown men you're one of them. I'm sure Denisenko doesn't have a problem with that.

Reactions: KillEmAll83

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Denisenko vs Shafigullin MHL regular: 9+13 in 31 games vs 20+16 in 22 games

Denisenko vs Shafigullin MHL playoffs: 3+2 in 6 games vs 4+10 in 6 games

And they say Denisenko should be picked in the 1st round.

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
Denisenko vs Shafigullin MHL regular: 9+13 in 31 games vs 20+16 in 22 games

Denisenko vs Shafigullin MHL playoffs: 3+2 in 6 games vs 4+10 in 6 games

And they say Denisenko should be picked in the 1st round.

Denisenko got disqualified for 3 games tho so we'll have to wait for their matchup.
Stats can be deceiving, Shafigullin is part of the only producing lines in his team and in Loko all 4 lines are decent and producing pretty much equally.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Denisenko got disqualified for 3 games tho so we'll have to wait for their matchup.
Stats can be deceiving, Shafigullin is part of the only producing lines in his team and in Loko all 4 lines are decent and producing pretty much equally.

Reaktor has 2 producing lines. They just produce really well - 4 Reactors players lead the scoring race.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Not going to Under-18's due to some sort of fall out with Hockey Russia. Who knows what it is over.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
They didn't invite Kravtsov last year, and this year it's Denisenko. Kinda weird coach decision, to say the least. And of course they never say, why.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
They didn't invite Kravtsov last year, and this year it's Denisenko. Kinda weird coach decision, to say the least. And of course they never say, why.
The reasoning was injury. Denisenko claims to be healthy, but what wouldn't a player say to protect his stock?

Let's see if he plays in the MHL finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->