LW Grigori Denisenko (2018, 15th, FLA; claimed by VGK)

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Can anyone explain to me why is he still ranked highly on many lists, I never watch him play, seems to be underperforming in the MHL this season. And why is he ranked over Kravtsov on practically every list?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Can anyone explain to me why is he still ranked highly on many lists, I never watch him play, seems to be underperforming in the MHL this season. And why is he ranked over Kravtsov on practically every list?
From what I understand he's not necessarily underperforming but he's underproducing. By the sounds of it he dominates the play in the MHL, it just hasn't resulted im points.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Because he dominated the WJAC, and his stock won't drop significantly unless he doesn't live up to expectation's at 5 nations this month and the world U-18's in April. Not as extreme, but its also what is holding up Adam Boqvist's stock (Hlinka instead of U-18's), and despite being stuck in J-20's or playing limited minutes vs men, he won't be dropped until he under-performs at a marquee event.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Because he dominated the WJAC, and his stock won't drop significantly unless he doesn't live up to expectation's at 5 nations this month and the world U-18's in April. Not as extreme, but its also what is holding up Adam Boqvist's stock (Hlinka instead of U-18's), and despite being stuck in J-20's or playing limited minutes vs men, he won't be dropped until he under-performs at a marquee event.

*dominated 1 game of the WJAC

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Scored two goals Vs. Czech Republic:

I pray this kid "Russian Factors" all the way to the Leafs pick in the 20's. He's a top 10 talent.

Has all the tools you want in an offensively minded winger. See no weakness in his game in regards to that. He's also pretty good/aggressive at trying to get in D's faces and trying to take the puck.

His passing has been as good or better than his shooting. He made a couple passes today in-which Svechnikov and Khovanov should have converted. He's great at crisp passes through tight seems in the defence, but they are a bit hard for non-NHL guys to convert due to the crispness of them. Really looking forward to how the USA line of Farabee-Hughes-Wahlstrom stacks up against the Russian unit of Denisenko-Khovanov-Svechnikov.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Agree 100%. Been loving this guy all year and what sets him apart from other skill guys in this draft for me is his compete level and aggressiveness in the corners and other areas on the ice. Combined with his offensive ability, think he could be an offensive dynamo with Kane the way Panarin was. Panarin is also extremely talented but aggressive. Sucks the Hawks are playing so bad because I would really have liked to get this guy in the 20s

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This guy is damn good. One of the 15 best players in the draft but could drop because Russian factor. Panarin type talent. Some team will be glad they selected him.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He still somehow doesn't impress in the MHL this season. I mean, Shafigullin of the same draft has twice as many points in less games played.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Very hit or miss with this player.
You don’t draft inconsistency.
I feel he is a skilled but temperamental forward who, when the tough gets going will pull out. Saw it at WJAC. I think he was in a good mindset in 5Natiins playing on the top line. When playing with less skill, he disappears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->