LW/C Jonathan Dahlen (2016, 42nd, OTT; traded to VAN; traded to SJS)

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Ondrej Palat 7th round 2011.

Andreas Johnson is looking like the next one.

sorry. but no, Johnson will not be a star at this level...
He may make it to the NHL, but his upside is probably 3rd line complementary piece

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I really wanted the Blues to get him with either the 26th or 35th pick. I can't complain with Kyrou, but Dahlen would have been such a needed skill boost.

Good pick by Ottawa, as per usual.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Great thread to read through (read every post) to get a primer on this guy. I'm stoked after reading.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Anyone got any update on Dahlen? Anyone see him play live?

He hasn't been spectacular like he was at the end of last season. Didn't stand out much in the recent 4-nations tournament either. He's having a solid season but a lot of people before the season thought he'd be the best player in Allsvenskan, which he obviously hasn't been

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Benning did very well bringing this guy in. Far from a sure thing in the NHL or even AHL, but Dahlén oozes skill that Vancouver (at least currently) very much lacks. He should've been a 1st rounder last year, and I said that even before the draft.

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
First off, I'm going to miss the dragon slayer. Watching him, Kesler, and Bieksa leave is basically like taking the heart out of the 2011 Canucks which we all love. Ottawa fans will love him, the guy will teach your young players everything there is to know about work ethic and love for the sport, he's a great character guy.

That said, Benning made a tremendous trade for us.

I haven't looked too much at Dahlen since the draft, so how has his play been this year?

What is his potential?

How close is he to being NHL ready?

Thanks in advance.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
First off, I'm going to miss the dragon slayer. Watching him, Kesler, and Bieksa leave is basically like taking the heart out of the 2011 Canucks which we all love. Ottawa fans will love him, the guy will teach your young players everything there is to know about work ethic and love for the sport, he's a great character guy.

That said, Benning made a tremendous trade for us.

I haven't looked too much at Dahlen since the draft, so how has his play been this year?

What is his potential?

How close is he to being NHL ready?

Thanks in advance.

This. Also how is his skating? I see some stuff saying he's a good skater and some that his skating isnt very good...was it bad and he already improved it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->