LW Andreas Johnson - Frolunda, SHL (2013, 202nd, TOR)

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
andreasjohnson_bildbyran.jpg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=43991

2013-2014 Swedish Hockey League Rookie of the Year.

So far in the pre-season with Frolunda, Johnson has 14 points in 7 games.

snizzbone*

Very excited by his play to start this season. Building on a great rookie SHL campaign.

Ace88*

Considering he was picked 202nd overall, if he plays even one NHL game it should be considered a massive success, let alone if he actually carves a career out for himself.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Looking quite positive so far. Next year we can see him at the main camp.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The younger players tend to play well during pre-season. He's certainly not going to put up these kind of numbers when the real season starts, but it looks promising.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
whys that? Just wondering

Veteran players usually sit out as the kids try to carve out a spot on the team. It's the same as any other pre-season action, you don't risk injuring your roster players. Typically younger players get more games into get their feet wet, and gain momentum into the season.

snizzbone*

The younger players tend to play well during pre-season. He's certainly not going to put up these kind of numbers when the real season starts, but it looks promising.

I mean he was 0.5 PPG in his rookie year last season. Was a PPG for the first half and then tailed off. He'll be one of their top scorers this season. Obviously his current insane pace isn't going to continue.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Veteran players usually sit out as the kids try to carve out a spot on the team. It's the same as any other pre-season action, you don't risk injuring your roster players. Typically younger players get more games into get their feet wet, and gain momentum into the season.

Not the case here, and I expect him to be Frölunda's top scorer this season, it's either him or Olimb.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
This kid is one of the fastest rising prospects out there. I'll definately be keeping an eye on him this season.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Not the case here, and I expect him to be Frölunda's top scorer this season, it's either him or Olimb.

Will definitely try to catch as many Frolunda games as possible this year. Perhaps Engvall will see some action this year in the SHL as well.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
whys that? Just wondering

Just think of Viktor Stalberg in the preseason with his last season as a Leaf. Young guys try hard to get noticed and try and earn a better spot while older guys either dont play or just go through the motions

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Just think of Viktor Stalberg in the preseason with his last season as a Leaf. Young guys try hard to get noticed and try and earn a better spot while older guys either dont play or just go through the motions

Different situation my friend. The johnson-Olimb line is actually 50% of Frolunda's offense !! There are no veterans who will take his spot, lately he has been their offensive dynamo

Anyway, i've been following him since he was drafted. He has developped really well

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010

Found this on YT, he looks good.

I take that with a grain of salt. I mean watch the 95s mark. That's just way too easy. He just lit up some very weak competition. Good for him but I will wait to see how he does when the real games begin

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Different situation my friend. The johnson-Olimb line is actually 50% of Frolunda's offense !! There are no veterans who will take his spot, lately he has been their offensive dynamo

Anyway, i've been following him since he was drafted. He has developped really well

Oh I dont doubt for a second thats its different and that hes going to be a really strong offensive force this year but im just saying I dont think he goes in to the regular season on a 2ppg pace. Should be good for him if he can live up to being the teams offensive leader at that age over a whole season

officialmark*

It's hard to judge until the season gets underway, but he's doing everything right as of now. Very interesting prospect.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Oh I dont doubt for a second thats its different and that hes going to be a really strong offensive force this year but im just saying I dont think he goes in to the regular season on a 2ppg pace. Should be good for him if he can live up to being the teams offensive leader at that age over a whole season

Nobody is saying he would. Just that he is a surprising prospect considering he was a 7th rounder !!

Btw, he has more points than 14 in 7 games !! from the games i know about, he has 15pts in 5 games (3preseason(6pts)+2Champions League(9pts))

Edit: Frolunda only played 6 games this preseason: http://eishockey.wettpoint.com/en/teams/5107.html

Last edited:

GenericFan2*

Like someone else said, one of the fastest rising prospects out there.

Kid is putting up scary good numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->