LW Alexander Holtz - (2020, 7th, NJD)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Was already posted on last page in GIF-form but maybe someone wanted a higher quality version of his goal last week:

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Looks like he has taken a spot on the J20 team now that Djurgården went from J20 SuperElit North to J20 SuperElit Top 10 (best teams from North and South) after the Christmas break. He has played in their three games and has 2+2.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Watched him play today.

Wasn't that noticeable. I would've said flat out bad until the end of the game where he had a few decent shifts. Maybe its because he was playing against older players, but I expected better.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Holtz is a player who needs time and space to be effective, take that away and he is going to look bad. He put up a few points with the U16 National team but thought some guys playing in U16 leagues outplayed him there. Still very young but I really wonder how well his game will translate to higher levels despite his impressive numbers.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Holtz is a player who needs time and space to be effective, take that away and he is going to look bad. He put up a few points with the U16 National team but thought some guys playing in U16 leagues outplayed him there. Still very young but I really wonder how well his game will translate to higher levels despite his impressive numbers.
Well, that doesn’t sound too good for having a great NHL career. But of course he has still loads and loads of time for developing. I have just been expecting something absolutely spectacular from him, so just a bit disappointing to read what you posted about him.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Well, that doesn’t sound too good for having a great NHL career. But of course he has still loads and loads of time for developing. I have just been expecting something absolutely spectacular from him, so just a bit disappointing to read what you posted about him.

To be clear, I'm not saying he's going to bust but he's no phenom prospect like some people believe

Scored a nice goal today btw.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
To be clear, I'm not saying he's going to bust but he's no phenom prospect like some people believe

Scored a nice goal today btw.
Well that’s exactly the disappointment, if that is the case. I was seriously thinking that he could really be a phenomenal prospect. I guess I just have to a bit lower my expectations on him. At least so far. A pity though, as I enjoy following any spectacular European young talents. Sure I’m following a lot the very talented Finnish prospects. But I have a lot of interest also in other really spectacular European talents. I’m a big fan of the European way of hockey in general, over the general North American ways. Sure some North American players can be extremely exciting, but I’m still much more in general enjoying following great European prospects.

Well, hopefully Holtz can still develop a lot and becomes a great European player to the NHL. I have still quite strong hopes for this to happen.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I don't know guys, he has won scoring title in J18 league, against players 2 years older. He also is well over PPG in international competition. What else should he do?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't know guys, he has won scoring title in J18 league, against players 2 years older. He also is well over PPG in international competition. What else should he do?

He's doing very well.

I don't follow that closely. I watched one game, and I wasn't that impressed. It could've just been an off game in a game where nearly his whole team was terrible.

I expected him to dominate, given what I've read. I wasn't criticizing the guy, other than saying he didn't play well, and I expected better. He probably is one of the best players for the 2020 draft.

STHLM

Jun 30, 2017
Stockholm
I went to the same hockey camp as Alex once and we’ve played together a couple times here in Stockholm, and I can’t say enough good things about him. Very humble and nice, and obviously he has incredible skill; fast, sick hands, explosive. Best player at the camp by far, training with people a couple of years older than him. Can’t wait to see him get drafted

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Still very young has some holes in his game every prospect does but his skill is sky high just needs to make decisions quicker i only had limited viewings however currently i think he is in between a prime alex semin or kovalchuk in terms of potential.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I think he's been playing some with the u16 team lately(bigger important games). But j18 and j20 Superelit is back with playoffs so I think he's back to primarily play with j18 but probably som Superelit games aswell. As has been the case for most of the season

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I think he's been playing some with the u16 team lately(bigger important games). But j18 and j20 Superelit is back with playoffs so I think he's back to primarily play with j18 but probably som Superelit games aswell. As has been the case for most of the season

Thanks , he is hard to follow. i hope i gets more Superelite so he has the chance to continue the habbit of 1ppg or over, like in everything else he has played this far.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
He was 7 + 0 over 2 games in the J18 playoffs over weekend. Maybe that's an indication he should not have to pay his dues in the J18 league just because he is a 2002 born....

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

J20 lost in the first round of playoffs so as far as I know their season has now ended. J18 it is.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Holz is an elite prospect and if you want to look at another elite prospect in his class from sweden....Lucas Raymond

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->