Lupul's Diary in Russia

mohare

Dec 13, 2010
That was a fun read. I hope he writes more posts. Only 4 points in 9 games though :(

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Well, Lupul is a funny guy, and the article/blog had some fun insights.

But it is clear that Lupul is no writer. This seems to be written by someone who spends way too much time on twitter. The sentences are overly short and simple, and nothing stays on topic for longer than a paragraph or two.

Fine for a blog or whatever, but hardly a breakout into writing (like it seems Lupul is trying to do on Askmen.com).

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Well, Lupul is a funny guy, and the article/blog had some fun insights.

But it is clear that Lupul is no writer. This seems to be written by someone who spends way too much time on twitter. The sentences are overly short and simple, and nothing stays on topic for longer than a paragraph or two.

Fine for a blog or whatever, but hardly a breakout into writing (like it seems Lupul is trying to do on Askmen.com).
I think he's just having some fun, and the writing was good enough for me, standard travel blog style. I really enjoyed the article, sounds like he's having a good time!

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I read this maybe last week. The most interesting part? There was another part to the blog that is no longer there. Lupul took to a rant about Bettman asking Fehr if he wanted a 2 week break to think about what to do next. He sarcastically mentioned wanting to put a team in Mexico City next. He also mentioned that his dad is a lawyer and has tried to explain to him how complicated these kind of negotiations are but he quickly dismissed that to go on. He pointed out that it's time for a new commissoner and while we don't know where the game would be without Bettman, it's time the game found out. He said that Gary is a nice guy and that he hung out with him at the ASG weekend but to quote him, he's "s*itty commissioner".

I wonder if requested to have that part removed :laugh:

Otherwise that, nice to see that he's making due with the situation and trying to enjoy the experience.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I know you mean well but we can't have full articles copied and pasted from other sites, just excerpts.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
maybe gives Lupul some perspective on what Russian (and other foriegn) players go through coming to NA....Kulemin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->