Lupul vs. Goc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
WuRtZLeSs said:
It's not a completely outlandish thought to assume that goal scoring follows some sort of cycle. While scoring is down, this year is by no means a template for all future seasons.. especially if efforts are taken by the NHL to increase scoring. With that said, it's by no means unreasonable to assume Lupul won't be able to hit 40, maybe even consistently if he does put it all together.

Thank you. I was going to post something similar earlier, but got sidetracked. It's just as silly to think of 41 goals as consistant watermark for the league as it is to think that 92 will be.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
Goal scoring is what the kid does man...He's a natural at it...wow maybe he doesn't have the all around play of Goc...but I'll take the pure goal scorer any day over a nice all around player...

Your anaheim blindness is clear! Yeah Lupul is a goalscorer, a 20-30g per year goal scorer, your on some funky stuff if you think he will get 40.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
a better team? what more could Lupul ask for than to play on a line with Sergei Fedorov??

but lets compare our teams since u brought it up...

San Jose: in NHL since 91
Anaheim: in NHL since 93

San Jose: ZERO appearances in Stanley Cup Finals
Anaheim: ONE appearance in Stanley Cup Finals

San Jose: Missed playoffs in 02/03
Anaheim: Missed playoffs in 03/04

next season: ??

I like how you leave facts out to try and boast your team higher then San Jose. Tell me who has consistently been the better team in the regular season and playoffs. Oh thats right, San Jose!

dumpnchase

Apr 24, 2004
California
McDonald19 said:
a better team? what more could Lupul ask for than to play on a line with Sergei Fedorov??

but lets compare our teams since u brought it up...

San Jose: in NHL since 91
Anaheim: in NHL since 93

San Jose: ZERO appearances in Stanley Cup Finals
Anaheim: ONE appearance in Stanley Cup Finals

San Jose: Missed playoffs in 02/03
Anaheim: Missed playoffs in 03/04

next season: ??

First of all San Jose has been a better team the Anaheim, year after year. The getting to the finals was nothing more than luck.

Where exactly was I comparing San Jose to Anaheim in my post?

If Lupul were playing on a team like Colorado he would have a chance at 40g because he wouldn't be the "go to guy" like he would be in Anaheim so he would have less defense pressure from opponents if he played on a better team giving him the chance at 40g. Fedorov is fading and will have faded away by the time Lupul gets to his prime.

dumpnchase

Apr 24, 2004
California
WuRtZLeSs said:
It's not a completely outlandish thought to assume that goal scoring follows some sort of cycle. While scoring is down, this year is by no means a template for all future seasons.. especially if efforts are taken by the NHL to increase scoring. With that said, it's by no means unreasonable to assume Lupul won't be able to hit 40, maybe even consistently if he does put it all together.

Until a team like Vancouver wins the Cup this defensive hockey/trap isn't going to change. Until that doesn't change the NHL might get 1-2 50g guys max and another 10 or so 40g guys and Lupul doesn't look like he will be one of those guys.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Let's be realistic, Lupul is most likely never going to net 40 goals in todays game. Granted, he's got some serious skills, but he is not - nor ever going to be - an elite level player.
Saying that, I'd still take Lupul over Goc.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
dumpnchase said:
First of all San Jose has been a better team the Anaheim, year after year. The getting to the finals was nothing more than luck.

Luck n a hot goalie...they absolutely rode him into the Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad