Not open for further replies.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Nope, wrong.

Draft picks > Prospects > Proven Vets

That's how these boards work.

:handclap:

Lottery ticket COULD be 100 million dollars, Hugh Jessiman COULD be the next Mario Lemieux, Lee Stempniak is always and forever Lee Stempniak :laugh:

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
It's like people saying Pionk is for sure better than Folin. You won't know until they are on a level playing field.

I 100% stand by my assertion that Pionk is better than Folin.

On topic, I honestly think Kunin has a 50/50 shot of starting up with the Wild next season. Partially depends on who is gone this offseason.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
I don't think Kunin is in Minnesota next year outside a cup of coffee like Tuch this year.

He has already been the best player down there, I dont see him not making the big team next year.
Now that he can show what he has in the Iowa playoff run the management can start planning the needed moves.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He has already been the best player down there, I dont see him not making the big team next year.
Now that he can show what he has in the Iowa playoff run the management can start planning the needed moves.

Are we planning on rolling a Kunin-JEE-Tuch 4th line? Where are we going to put all these guys? A year of seasoning in the AHL won't hurt. It may actually help.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
Are we planning on rolling a Kunin-JEE-Tuch 4th line? Where are we going to put all these guys? A year of seasoning in the AHL won't hurt. It may actually help.

Best players play and people get moved when needed, the present team has not done anything to cause the management to feel any differently.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Best players play and people get moved when needed, the present team has not done anything to cause the management to feel any differently.

And Kunin being the best player on a mediocre AHL team means he's a lock for the NHL?

It's not just best players get moved up. They have to earn a spot, and there has to be a spot. You can be absolutely sure that if it comes down to Stewart or Kunin being in the NHL next year, Kunin would be in the AHL.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
And Kunin being the best player on a mediocre AHL team means he's a lock for the NHL?

It's not just best players get moved up. They have to earn a spot, and there has to be a spot. You can be absolutely sure that if it comes down to Stewart or Kunin being in the NHL next year, Kunin would be in the AHL.

I said Kunin will earn a spot.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I said Kunin will earn a spot.

Like I said, there has to be a spot.

Kunin has the disadvantage of being able to play in the AHL without going through waivers. You don't trade a player who helps your team just to fit him in for a marginal upgrade. You keep him developing in the AHL.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
Like I said, there has to be a spot.

Kunin has the disadvantage of being able to play in the AHL without going through waivers. You don't trade a player who helps your team just to fit him in for a marginal upgrade. You keep him developing in the AHL.

Have to see Ek, Kunin could turn out more versatile and so also easier to fit in.
If this teams falls short in the playoffs there will be spots, there should be anyway.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Being the best player on our AHL team is good for his development, that doesn't mean he's automatically the best option for a spot on the NHL roster.

I would prefer to see him play well for a season in the AHL, learn what he needs to learn, make the NHL jump when he's more ready.

Dominating in the AHL can be a good thing for a player's confidence.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
Being the best player on our AHL team is good for his development, that doesn't mean he's automatically the best option for a spot on the NHL roster.

I would prefer to see him play well for a season in the AHL, learn what he needs to learn, make the NHL jump when he's more ready.

Lets see how Iowa does now, he does not need AHL for confidence.
It is all about adjusting his game and he has had good personal coaching to make this step.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah, Kunin doesn't need a confidence boost. However, I do think a year in the AHL will be good for him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Lets see how Iowa does now, he does not need AHL for confidence.
It is all about adjusting his game and he has had good personal coaching to make this step.

Yes, but jumping into the NHL prematurely can ruin a players confidence. I'd rather see him develop his pro game against pro's he can handle first.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

tumblr_olecybZm5g1qgw93ro3_500.gif

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Looks like he's gone pointless in the 4 games following his hat trick debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad