Lukas Kaspar

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
Hey guys..

I don't know too much about Lukas Kaspar, other than what I have read on his Hockeys Future bio and his TSN.ca bio. Do any of you have any other insight on this kid? Have you seen him play? Do you see him having a solid career with San Jose? Any comparisons?

Thanks in advance.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
TML said:
Hey guys..

I don't know too much about Lukas Kaspar, other than what I have read on his Hockeys Future bio and his TSN.ca bio. Do any of you have any other insight on this kid? Have you seen him play? Do you see him having a solid career with San Jose? Any comparisons?

Thanks in advance.

He has 10goals 13assists and 23 pts in 22 games. I expected him to put on better numbers. hopefully he can turn it around.

Last edited:

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
TML said:
Hey guys..

Thanks in advance.

I watched him play few times, He didn't really standout to me.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
I'd like to see how he does without his good buddy Petruzelak (who has more points). No way in hell am I saying Petruzelak is better. But when they were in juniors in Czech they had amazing chemistry, and that helps a lot. So much that they arranged it so they were on the same team in NA too.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
he had an assist last night...course, petruzalek had 3 assists...

petruzalek has 32 points in 24 games as a rookie :eek:

course he's like a year older than kaspar too i think, and he's pretty damn small...but still it's pretty amazing

chris39bong

Kaspar is the better prospect of the two, i doubt anyone will argue that, but they are both highly skilled and the numbers Kaspar is putting up in his RC season in NA are definately fine. The main thing that sets Kaspar apart from Petruzelak is his size and strength, two-way player, and even his hitting ability which are all somewhat rare to be included in the same package as such a highly skilled offensive player. Although he's not like some Euro's who initially tend to shy away from from the more phsyical NA style of play, it still takes some time adjusting to the smaller ice surface, which increases hitting and decreases your time to make decisions with the puck. I'd expect him to have a slightly stronger 2nd half of the season as well, but who knows. The jury is still out on whether he'll develop into a strong 2nd liner somewhat like Zednik or a more dominant player such as Hossa. It has already been confirmed that the Sens liked him a lot and would have definately drafted him if the Sharks hadn't traded up. I'd expect his play at the NHL level to be kind of a cross between current Shark Marleau and Zednik, but i don't see him approaching Hossa status. One more thing worth noting is that the reports before he was drafted that questioned his lazyness and willingness to play defense were completely false, and without those reports would have problem seen Kaspar drafted a bit higher.

X-SHARKIE

I saw him play the Sudburry Wolves and he impressed me alot. He does alot of mature things away from and with the puck. I don't expect his powerforward like game to blossum in N.A. his first year, but he'll likely be in the AHL next year and it should be fun to watch.

Overall I really like him as a prospect!! And IMO his numbers are were I expected them to be.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
X-SHARKIE said:
I saw him play the Sudburry Wolves and he impressed me alot. He does alot of mature things away from and with the puck. I don't expect his powerforward like game to blossum in N.A. his first year, but he'll likely be in the AHL next year and it should be fun to watch.

Overall I really like him as a prospect!! And IMO his numbers are were I expected them to be.

I watched him twice, he didn't really standout but this Sunday i'll be watching him carefully and let you know how he performs. :D

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Kaspar has some good skill in what I saw of him, but we didn't stand out much besides his short bursts, but the team is a .500 club so you can't expect anything too great out of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad