Luc Bourdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouchard

Jul 10, 2004
Cole Harbour, NS
I saw him play last night in Halifax, the kid has some tremendous talent. Plays a tough physical game and laid down some bone rattling hits. He was easily the best player on the ice and got a point or two in his team's 5-3 loss. I didn't really know much about the kid because I haven't seen Val D'or play in years, but after seeing him play last night I'm sold on the guy. Canucks fans should be happy to have him.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Bouchard said:
I saw him play last night in Halifax, the kid has some tremendous talent. Plays a tough physical game and laid down some bone rattling hits. He was easily the best player on the ice and got a point or two in his team's 5-3 loss. I didn't really know much about the kid because I haven't seen Val D'or play in years, but after seeing him play last night I'm sold on the guy. Canucks fans should be happy to have him.

Yeah, alot of people that I've talked to said that he was very underrated, even after having a great U-18 tourney, and that he will end up being as good as Johnson. A great pick by the Canucks!

Canucks-R-best

Jan 12, 2003
Visit site
Bouchard said:

please tell me more.....like what was his best attributes etc....if u dont mind :handclap:

Towelie*

Bouchard said:

Thanks for information, keep it up.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Bouchard said:
Canucks fans should be happy to have him.

We are. Very Pleased. A lot of us (including myself) would have preferred Kopitar on draft day, but it sounds like Bourdon is a guaranteed top 4 man in the NHL and has top pairing potential. Looking back Id take him over the risky Kopitar now.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
I agree, and as it is turning out, Bourdon is so far looking to be one of the best steals of the draft.

nneate

Jul 24, 2005
Canada
clay said:
I agree, and as it is turning out, Bourdon is so far looking to be one of the best steals of the draft.

here comes the followers of King Latendresse :D

Transported Upstater

monster_bertuzzi said:
We are. Very Pleased. A lot of us (including myself) would have preferred Kopitar on draft day, but it sounds like Bourdon is a guaranteed top 4 man in the NHL and has top pairing potential. Looking back Id take him over the risky Kopitar now.

I think Bourdon is a better fit for your team than Kopitar.

AgentNaslund*

TransportedUpstater said:
I think Bourdon is a better fit for your team than Kopitar.

depends what you mean.

Canucks have a few pretty good Defencemen prospects.

But nothing to show on offensive players.

Fans wanted Kopitar, because he will fill the void of what we needed since Burke Dumped Umberger. an offensive foward. But we are happy with Bourd owned.

QuickDynamite

Jul 3, 2004
Abu Dhabi
I'm happy the Canucks took Bourdon over Kopitar on draft day and I still am. Defensemen who can hit, score and play solid defensively are hard to come by.

Just think about it. Imagine the Canucks could somehow fit Bourdon on the d within the next few years?

Jovanovski, Allen (he's having an unbelievable year so far)
Ohlund, Bourdon
Salo, McCarthy
Bieksa

And we also got guys like Skinner, Koltsov in our system. WOW

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Bourdon I feel will run into porblems when everything is moving that much faster at the pro level and I tink he will struggle with making decisions in the defensive zone. He has an excellent skill set but there have been a lot of defensmen with good skill sets but no tool box.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:
Bourdon I feel will run into porblems when everything is moving that much faster at the pro level and I tink he will struggle with making decisions in the defensive zone. He has an excellent skill set but there have been a lot of defensmen with good skill sets but no tool box.

Bourdon is quick too, in fact some would say he is faster tahn Ed Jovanovski.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:

I very much disagree with this Jason. Bourdon simply has not been consistently put into an environment where he is given a defined role. Val D'Or just wants him to run around and try to save the day. Bourdon needs structure to be at his best, and when put in controlled situations with the U18 and at Canucsk training camp, he showed he does have the mental game.

Bouchard

Jul 10, 2004
Cole Harbour, NS
Canucks-R-best said:
please tell me more.....like what was his best attributes etc....if u dont mind :handclap:

Best attributes I would say after watching him:

1. Sound in the defensive zone, wasn't seen making many mistakes if any.
2. Strong physical presence, the kid can HIT big time.
3. Great on the PP
4. Good speed...heh what more could you want? I think he'll be a gem.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Matt MacInnis said:
I very much disagree with this Jason. Bourdon simply has not been consistently put into an environment where he is given a defined role. Val D'Or just wants him to run around and try to save the day. Bourdon needs structure to be at his best, and when put in controlled situations with the U18 and at Canucsk training camp, he showed he does have the mental game.
A tourney verses 18 year olds and a camp isn't enough. I still remember seeing Bourdon cough up the puck plenty times last year verses CB alone. While he may have improved there is an art to adapting to the next stage and while Bourdon may have it, there have been many defensmen like him that didn't. Tanabe and Belle seem to be comparable examples.

The fact that Bourdon is quick will help him but that is a whole different skill from being smart with the puck. Poti is extremely quick and agile yet he couldn't move a puck to save his life.

Transported Upstater

AgentNaslund said:
depends what you mean.

Canucks have a few pretty good Defencemen prospects.

But nothing to show on offensive players.

Fans wanted Kopitar, because he will fill the void of what we needed since Burke Dumped Umberger. an offensive foward. But we are happy with Bourd owned.

Bourdon can step up and join the play, play with finesse or play physical, and I think his versatility is the type of thing Vancouver looks for in defensemen.

That's mostly what I meant.

AgentNaslund*

Jason MacIsaac said:
A tourney verses 18 year olds and a camp isn't enough. I still remember seeing Bourdon cough up the puck plenty times last year verses CB alone. While he may have improved there is an art to adapting to the next stage and while Bourdon may have it, there have been many defensmen like him that didn't. Tanabe and Belle seem to be comparable examples.

The fact that Bourdon is quick will help him but that is a whole different skill from being smart with the puck. Poti is extremely quick and agile yet he couldn't move a puck to save his life.

Bourdon is good with the puck. Hes played totally diffrently at the QMJHL level vs the pro level. Hes proved he can play at a pro level, by playing awesome for 4 pre season games. Hes can easily make the AHL. we have plenty of time to develope him.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:

Please don't compare Bourdon to Poti....

Mole ii

Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Bourdon performed well enough to earn a spot on the canucks but was sent down anyway. No point in rushing him i suppose especially with the new cba rule in which hes eligible for ufa sooner.

He is definitely better than Mccarthy and Baumgartner, teh canucks current 5th 6th dmen.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:

He didn't look out of place at all during NHL exhibition. Now granted, NHL exhibition is pretty much just glorified AHL games, but still - for a kid that age to show as much poise as he did (especially on the PP) is something special. Combine that with his physical play and you should understand why Canuck fans are excited about em'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad