Recalled/Assigned: Lowry and Stafford on IR, Lipon and Cormier called up

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Because they can't even perform the basics at a NHL level yet. Why put them in a position to fail when they aren't ready? We've already seen Petan struggle and get his butt kicked by NHL 4th liners, what's changed in a month? Give them time to develop.

Meh, hard to argue Cormier performs basics at an NHL level, he ****ing useless. This is a filler move so I'm not too uptight about it, don't like it but, meh.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Petan absolutely needs to stay right where he is. Cormier is just a filler. Lipon has earned at least a game or two this season to get a look at NHL competition.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
If we lose Buff, Cormier is the only piece left with any direct ties to the Kovalchuk trade.
Not counting flipping Oduya for picks later.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If we lose Buff, Cormier is the only piece left with any direct ties to the Kovalchuk trade.

That was such a terrible trade. Atlanta made some real bad ones before swindling Chicago. Imagine how much worse we would have it now if they didn't.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Ugh Lipon. Guy gets a call up because he tries hard. Guy won't be able to keep up with the NHL pace; he barely does against AHL opponents

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Hossa trade was worse. Fair to say, Don Waddell was a terrible GM. And people think they know the real reason Atlanta failed... :laugh:

Anyways, Lipon just getting some good practice time with the NHL guys should be beneficial. If he gets a game, even better. Gets the experience and will know what it takes to be an NHL pro. I stand by believing that that will benefit him long term.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Maurice said that he tells them what kind of player he needs and the people that know how they have been playing pick the player(s).

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ugh Lipon. Guy gets a call up because he tries hard. Guy won't be able to keep up with the NHL pace; he barely does against AHL opponents

Look at Armia , he wasn't lighting up the AHL , sometimes these guys need to actually get a shot at the NHL and they look and play better at the NHL level . Cormier has been given alot of shots and hasn't done anything with them . De leo should have gotten the call instead of Cormier .

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hossa trade was worse. Fair to say, Don Waddell was a terrible GM. And people think they know the real reason Atlanta failed... :laugh:

Anyways, Lipon just getting some good practice time with the NHL guys should be beneficial. If he gets a game, even better. Gets the experience and will know what it takes to be an NHL pro. I stand by believing that that will benefit him long term.

Oh I know that Hossa trade was disgusting.

I have a feeling Lipon will get at least 1 game in.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Good for Lipon, about time he gets a taste of NHL action.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Cormier continues to get call-ups, especially when Maurice has demonstrated that he's only comfortable using him as a grocery stick. Why not call up Petan?

Its about time the Jets trade Petan because they been treating him like a POS alll along. Best prospect player in TC last year & they send him back without even putting him with any decenplayers or giving him a game or 2 before back.

This season he makes the team but gets totally miscast on the 4th line & because he can't score from there (with a little time on the 2nd pp -- note I said little because 1st line needs 3/4 of most PPs) well back to Moose for you... and no we're not sticking you on the top line there.
\
Its ridiculous the treatment Petan is getting. Not sure what they are expecting out of this kid, but looks like he'll never measure up because they won't give hinm a chance.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Its about time the Jets trade Petan because they been treating him like a POS alll along. Best prospect player in TC last year & they send him back without even putting him with any decenplayers or giving him a game or 2 before back.

This season he makes the team but gets totally miscast on the 4th line & because he can't score from there (with a little time on the 2nd pp -- note I said little because 1st line needs 3/4 of most PPs) well back to Moose for you... and no we're not sticking you on the top line there.
\
Its ridiculous the treatment Petan is getting. Not sure what they are expecting out of this kid, but looks like he'll never measure up because they won't give hinm a chance.

I don't know dude he was given an opportunity at both C and Wing and couldn't hold his own against other 4th liners.
I think as a potential NHLer if you can't play with 4th liners against other 4th liners you probably need some time in the Minors. Regardless of his team mates he was the worst possession player on the team during his time here. If you need better players to make you look like an NHLer you're not an NHLer yet.
He is developing in the AHL and is 20 years old. He has plenty of time to make this roster.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

\

Petan had a significant amount of power play time, with good players, and produced nothing. He had the worst CF% on the team by a good margin and all those "bad" players dragging him down have been significantly better without Petan on the ice.

http://hockeyviz.com/img/player/wowy/1516/WPG/wowy-1516-WPG-petanni95-shots.png

Petan had a great camp and preseason but when the real thing started it became apparently pretty quickly that he wasn't ready. The best thing for him right now is to continue developing his game in a league where his confidence isn't going to be shattered. He'll get other chances down the road, and hopefully play better and stay with the big club.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Was Petan much worse than Scheifele in his first dozen games or so with the Jets as a 20 year old? Don't see much separating the two, the difference is that they allowed Scheifele to learn on the job and struggle through some pretty ineffective play, gradually ramping up his responsibilities while he learned the defensive side of the game.

To be clear, I didn't have a huge problem with them sending Petan down. I just want the lineup that gives the Jets the best chance to win, and I can't fathom how having Cormier in over Petan (or De Leo, for that matter) helps in that regard.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lipon doesn't have the skill for the NHL game (doesn't have much skill at AHL level). I suppose he's better than Peluso, but that's not saying anything. Would rather have Petan or De Leo come up.

I agree though JC will be used instead of Tony P if he gets a shot so a pretty different role than what Petan will need to thrive. I love Nic but he sucked this year on the 4th line so I think it serves him best to iron it out on the farm. De Leo on the other hand might deserve a look at some point this season. I really like his game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Thing is though our Org seems to need a quota of fighters so if we are going to dress a type I would prefer Lippy over Tony.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
PETAN just needs to get stronger and get is mojo back.
He is too skilled not to make it..
He will be a great 2nd line option during his prime years.
If he comes close to Briere and St. Louis who really kicked it up a notch late. That's cool. Hope the Jets don't get tired waiting, or the fans.
But usually people who are very late bloomers get traded.

See Wheeler and Buff

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Plus, it sends the wrong message to promote a player so soon after his coach has had him in the doghouse.

No, that would be exactly the right message. You can get out of the doghouse just as quickly as you can earn it. Lowry took 4 games.

That said I think it is better to leave Petan where he is a little longer. I hope Lipon gets into a game or 2 and that Cormier stays in the PB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->