Love NHL 18

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
With all due respect, I don't know how anyone could love this turd of a game.

You like losing the puck when someone breathes on you? You like getting punished in EASHL for faceoffs when you have an AI Centre? Or how about facing off a guy who does the same faceoff every time and wins? You like god awful AI and goaltending that lets in a floater at least once a game.

This is a development team that removes features to prop them up as innovations years later (like the defensive skill stick).

I have no clue how this crap game could be an esport. It's not fun to play. It's boring to watch. It has a pathetically small market.

I remember years ago they introduced Momentum with an actual momentum meter (which was overpowered in crazy ways). The year after they removed it. Then a few years later they were promoting introducing momentum... wtf

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
They did a lot of subtle things to help franchise mode and 3v3 is pretty fun but I'm still surprised you can't scout individual players....well at least compared to Madden(see 3 best attributes and it gives you a round that they supposedly go in like what?) its great but that's because Madden is a joke. The best change is that the draft is pretty good at producing well rounded drafts that sometimes have franchise players going no.1 and the top 5 are usually for the most part ready to play in the NHL immediately and the AI will usually overvalue their top picks in the draft if they are considered rebuilders and hopeful to the point where you normally can't scam them out of the pick. Worst thing is people keep asking for them to get a new engine that's mainly for cutscenes but a lot of people want them to actually work on the gameplay and LESS ON HUT which for some reason people get sucked into regularly even though its a giant sinkhole. For the most part I usually play with my best friend over we just lock onto our C and RW because we have two create a players franchise players on both spots for the first line.

Last edited:

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
the gameplay is so much better than the past 4-5 years (except 15) that i've played. '17 was boring as hell.

The hitting is so much better this year, my 1st penalty was a game misconduct for boarding. Marleau is such a thug.

IslesNbeer

Sponsor
Nov 25, 2016
Alberta
I decided this year I wasn't spending the money on seeing the Isles when they come to Edmonton and Calgary and bought an Xbox One S and of course NHL 18. So far I suck at it, but like it a lot.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Just curious... to the people that enjoy this game, did you ever play NHL on the old gen?

I only ask because old gen was 10000000x better than the piece of garbage we have now.

Duckhugs

Apr 11, 2016
I think it's a pretty decent game I mean hut still sucks but otherwise it's a fun game

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I bought this game after NHL 13 being the last one I bought...and even still played occasionally, even though I didn't like it

It feels like the gameplay is exactly the same as it was in 13, even though it's on a new gen of system.

Watching youtube videos of NHL 09, it still looks the same.

It's just sad how little effort they put in. If they actually put in the effort to make actual small changes each year, this game could be so much better, realistic, and fun

LowerHudson

Dec 18, 2017
It feels like the gameplay is exactly the same as it was in 13, even though it's on a new gen of system.

It's just sad how little effort they put in.

It's the same game you use to play. All they did was port the old gen version to new consoles. The same issues remain. Goalies are the terrible this year. Puck pickups are a joke. The "pull back" shooting is still there. Puck protect nonsense is rampant.

The good news is population is way down. Maybe one day we can play video game hockey again.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->