Love NHL 18

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Like you mean Madden and FIFA your settings like sliders are transferable from year to year? Like FIFA 17 to FIFA 18? How is that possible?

Yep - it happens as soon as you load up a new FIFA, as long as you have the old FIFA saved on your cloud (Xbox) - it'll say something like transferring hospitality settings or something like that, so you go in with the same difficulty, settings, sliders, etc.

Reactions: CanCHI
Sep 19, 2008
I didn't really notice much new this year other than a few cosmetic features but it's on sale for 30 dollars tomorrow, why not?

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Its ok if you havent touched the game in years

If you are a yearly player, the game is bad

If you play online it sucks most likely as usual.

The gameplay offline as long as you take some time, work some sliders, figure your strategy is amazing. My AI is functioning perfectly, the goalies are great. I am having a blast just had to Ben patient with the game and go back to the old school days of Franchise mode.

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
I find the goalies much more difficult to score on and the cheese plays I would use in a tight game such as the cross the net breakaway goal aren't working. I actually have to use my brain this year to score.

I think the gameplay is hugely improved from NHL17. Case in point once I took the time to set my strategies and team perfectly my AI does what it should.

Maybe that was the secret all along? Make sure you have every little detail down? Either way I am loving it
Yup, the team strategies and line strategies are extremely important. Back for NHL16 I made a pretty comprehensive post about this. The system is still basically the same and most should still apply.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/nhl16-team-line-strategy-tips.2007341/

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Yup, the team strategies and line strategies are extremely important. Back for NHL16 I made a pretty comprehensive post about this. The system is still basically the same and most should still apply.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/nhl16-team-line-strategy-tips.2007341/

Nice buddy. Great post. That should be bumped everytime a new game comes out.

I am guilty of this to, but I think people think Sports games are just pick up and play when they aren't.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Just want to point out that it's been confirmed that team and line strategies do not effect simulations in Franchise Mode.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Just want to point out that it's been confirmed that team and line strategies do not effect simulations in Franchise Mode.

It hasn't for awhile, it's a massive pet peeve of mind and I'm hopeful they will in the future.

I know it's a lot to ask, but I wish the GM mode was like Eastside Hockey Manager or Franchise Hockey Manager.

A GM mode like that with decent EA gameplay would make me extremely happy

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
With all due respect, I don't know how anyone could love this turd of a game.

You like losing the puck when someone breathes on you? You like getting punished in EASHL for faceoffs when you have an AI Centre? Or how about facing off a guy who does the same faceoff every time and wins? You like god awful AI and goaltending that lets in a floater at least once a game.

This is a development team that removes features to prop them up as innovations years later (like the defensive skill stick).

I have no clue how this crap game could be an esport. It's not fun to play. It's boring to watch. It has a pathetically small market.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017

You like losing the puck when someone breathes on you? You like getting punished in EASHL for faceoffs when you have an AI Centre? Or how about facing off a guy who does the same faceoff every time and wins? You like god awful AI and goaltending that lets in a floater at least once a game.

This is a development team that removes features to prop them up as innovations years later (like the defensive skill stick).

I have no clue how this crap game could be an esport. It's not fun to play. It's boring to watch. It has a pathetically small market.

You do lose the puck easily in most cases but its better than being able to hold protect puck and never lose it. Makes you need to be creative or pass more. I play center in EASHL and have somewhere around a 52%-55% faceoff win %...I don't see how this has changed? Some games its real tough but its still all on timing and winning the correct way against how your opponent is winning. I've played about 120ish games of EASHL between club and drop in as well. I've also seen limited floaters go in. Most goals are 1 timers. My biggest issue is when a guy goes wide its almost like the goalie cheats and they score really bad angle goals when trying to cut to the net.

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Which ruins the mode, personally speaking.

But each to their own.

I try and play about 80% of the games in any given franchise season, usually only sim against weaker teams maybe 10-15 games. 3 min periods. Lots of time on my hands gets her done pretty quick.

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015

This thread was started by me specifically talking about Franchise mode and altering the sliders. Go complain about other game modes somewhere else.

HF boards I think this guy is trolling as his post is unrelated to my original post and he is obviously trying to draw a reaction. Ban him from this thread please.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
This thread was started by me specifically talking about Franchise mode and altering the sliders. Go complain about other game modes somewhere else.

HF boards I think this guy is trolling as his post is unrelated to my original post and he is obviously trying to draw a reaction. Ban him from this thread please.

Ban from thread because my opinion differs from yours?

I’m specifically talking about gameplay. Instead of having a rebuttal, you’re having a tantrum because someone thinks differently. It’s not trolling.

I’m sorry you’re that sensitive. The game stinks.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Ban from thread because my opinion differs from yours?

I’m specifically talking about gameplay. Instead of having a rebuttal, you’re having a tantrum because someone thinks differently. It’s not trolling.

I’m sorry you’re that sensitive. The game stinks.

Just do what you are told. Jeez.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

I like playing and watching NHL 18.

Also, it's not surprising for EA to bring back certain features to promote purchasing their latest releases: For example, NHL 19 when 2018-2019 season begins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad