Player Discussion Loui Eriksson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
dont have one because the board is convinced u win ships by submarining. loui just a booie. sad but truey.

30 goals 30 assists

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I'm hoping he'll give fans a lot to cheer about in the coming season. I'm not holding my breath, but the guy has looked good throughout his career.

We're gonna need someone to get excited about and put some bums in seats in Rogers arena, because we got some lean years ahead of us.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
I expect strong 2-way play and 55-60 points.

My personal hope is that he is played with Horvat on the second line, to give us some scoring depth.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Im surprised we didn't have one for him yet.

So what do we expect? What number is he going to wear?

He'll probably incentive Sutter to let him have #21. Eriksson has worn 21 with Dallas, the Swedish national team and Boston. Sutter has no real connection to #21 other than 20 games last season. Sutter wore #16 with Pittsburgh and Carolina, but that's obviously not available here.

BrockBoeser6

Dec 28, 2013
Vancouver
I expect strong 2-way play and 55-60 points.

My personal hope is that he is played with Horvat on the second line, to give us some scoring depth.

Unless the Sedins and Eriksson are putting up ridiculous numbers, I wont be surprised to see WD spread out scoring by putting Eriksson on the 2nd line with Bo. Hansen played really well with the Sedins last year and Eriksson will always be there to pair up with them on the PP.

BrockBoeser6

Dec 28, 2013
Vancouver
He'll probably incentive Sutter to let him have #21. Eriksson has worn 21 with Dallas, the Swedish national team and Boston. Sutter has no real connection to #21 other than 20 games last season. Sutter wore #16 with Pittsburgh and Carolina, but that's obviously not available here.

Maybe Sutter goes with #61 and gives Eriksson #21

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
A consistent 50-60 point guy for the first 3 years or so of the contract, hopefully. Peaking out at 30/30 or so.

I could see him declining toward the 40 point threshold in the last half of the contract though. Hopefully if we have a GM with some sense by then we'll be able to sell him off while he's still producing.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Unless Hutton becomes that high-end puck moving defenseman we so badly need or we sort our power play out I'm not so sure Eriksson cracks 50 this year. If he plays with the Sedins all year then maybe 50-60 otherwise I think just under 50.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Ironically, once I buy the team (through a court-ordered sale on humanitarian grounds), I will unretire #16 and then retire #21 to give Jyrki Lumme his due. I will then also retire Jim Benning's #4 to place it front and center in the arena as an eternal reminder, kind of like a war memorial.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
60 pt guy for 3 seasons and then slowly decreasing that total.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Bae-Bo-Loui

Yeah if Bae-bo really progress and i think thell do it then that COULD BE two good o lines

Then

Burrows Sutter Rodine
W Granlund Gaunce Dorset

James Underbuss*

Mar 3, 2016
He's kind of a stop gap but it's not like icing an ahl squad is an option. I'm going to be watching the games and he's better than Vrbata so I guess it's a wait and see for me.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks should be very concerned about both Sedins and Eriksson....all over-30 and will have to be on top of their games for the World Cup of Hockey just to start the season....then there's the grind of training camp and an 82 game schedule to follow....if they stay healthy and productive all season, it'll take a miracle.....and without those three guys on top of their games, team will be done.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I just hope we get a top 10 PP back!

PP fowards: Sedins, Eriksson, Horvat, Baertschi, Sutter....

Hansen and Virtanen to mix in and snipe from the circles to change up when running dry.

On the strength of Baertschi and Horvat progressing, we might have a respectable 2nd unit (relatively speaking).

We'll see at what level Hutton and Larsen come in at next season...

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Canucks should be very concerned about both Sedins and Eriksson....all over-30 and will have to be on top of their games for the World Cup of Hockey just to start the season....then there's the grind of training camp and an 82 game schedule to follow....if they stay healthy and productive all season, it'll take a miracle.....and without those three guys on top of their games, team will be done.

The world cup is five games max for a team that makes the final. And it's not like they'll be playing any games on the other side of the regular season :sarcasm:

particularsolution

Mar 17, 2009
He was hovering around 45-50 points before a rejuvenation in his contract year. Expecting a repeat of 30 goals, 60+ points is probably a bit optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad