Loui Erikkson to stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I'd say he couldn't get less than 40 points if on a legit scoring line...

Few swedish players have a skillset even close to Loui's... Swedish teams just are pretty bad at giving young players icetime.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
mattihp said:
I'd say he couldn't get less than 40 points if on a legit scoring line...

Few swedish players have a skillset even close to Loui's... Swedish teams just are pretty bad at giving young players icetime.

If he makes the Stars, he will not play on the 4th, nor on the first line. That leaves Mike Modano, Niko Kapanen or Stu Barnes as possible centermen..

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Ott = Snott said:
If he makes the Stars, he will not play on the 4th, nor on the first line. That leaves Mike Modano, Niko Kapanen or Stu Barnes as possible centermen..
Stu would be ideal if Loui plays on the right.

He'd get better speed playing on his offwing and recieving the pass from a righty-shot centreman.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
mattihp said:
Stu would be ideal if Loui plays on the right.

He'd get better speed playing on his offwing and recieving the pass from a righty-shot centreman.

Interesting..

I don't however, see him making it. Lessard and Svoboda have the edge due to their age and experience in North America. Then there's also Vojtach Polak and possible Jussi Jokinen. This is the first time the Stars might have all their top forward prospects under contract and in the States.

It's fun speculating what the Stars 2nd and 3rd line will look like though. Assuming the 1st line (Morrow - Arnott - Guerin) and the 4th (Ott - Hagos - Tjärnqvist .. oh how I love that line) are set..

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Ott = Snott said:
Interesting..

I don't however, see him making it. Lessard and Svoboda have the edge due to their age and experience in North America. Then there's also Vojtach Polak and possible Jussi Jokinen. This is the first time the Stars might have all their top forward prospects under contract and in the States.

It's fun speculating what the Stars 2nd and 3rd line will look like though. Assuming the 1st line (Morrow - Arnott - Guerin) and the 4th (Ott - Hagos - Tjärnqvist .. oh how I love that line) are set..

If Jokinen were to be signed and makes the team, imagine these lines
Jokinen - Modano - Lehtinen
Morrow - Arnott - Guerin
Miettinen - Kapanen - Tjarnqvist
Ott - Hagos - Barnes
If Loui were to make the team instead of jokinen it would also be fine. I really like the idea of pairing miettinen with kapanen, modano with lehtinen, and arnott with guerin. It may come down to which rookies find the most chemistry with those pairs

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
txomisc said:
Morrow - Arnott - Guerin
Ott - Hagos - Barnes
If Loui were to make the team instead of jokinen it would also be fine. I really like the idea of pairing miettinen with kapanen, modano with lehtinen, and arnott with guerin. It may come down to which rookies find the most chemistry with those pairs
Kapanen and Miettinen need a scorer on their line, not a grinder.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
txomisc said:
Morrow - Arnott - Guerin
Ott - Hagos - Barnes

Are they trying to be a scandanavian team? :D

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
HOCKEY_GURU said:
Are they trying to be a scandanavian team? :D
I think so. Dallas does a very good job scouting the scandanavian talent. Im not sure if they direct it that way because they think thats the way to go, or if their best scout just happens to be the scandanavian scout.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
txomisc said:
I think so. Dallas does a very good job scouting the scandanavian talent. Im not sure if they direct it that way because they think thats the way to go, or if their best scout just happens to be the scandanavian scout.

perhaps they should trade for zetterberg..kronwall filppula with detroit then :),
maybe they use the same scout.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Lets see, we have:
Jere Lehtinen
Antti Miettinen
Niko Kapanen
Jussi Jokinen
Loui Eriksson
Mathias Tjarnqvist
Johan Fransson
Niklas Grossman
Yared Hagos
Tobias Stephan
Marius Holtet
Elias Granath
Jarkko A Immonen
Eero Kilpelainen
Niko Vainio
Fredrik Naslund
Tom Wandell
Perttu Lindgren
Tuomas Mikkonen
I think that might be all, not sure

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
txomisc said:
Morrow - Arnott - Guerin
Ott - Hagos - Barnes

Not sure that Hagos is a lock to be #4 ceter. Lessard will be given a fair shot at #3 RW. Barnes and Tjarnqvist should likely be flipped under your scenario. I do think there is achance that one of Polak, Erikkson Jokinin and Miets makes the top 6

The Frugal Gourmet

Mar 3, 2002
New York, New York
Visit site
It's fun to speculate, but the Stars will do what they do every year and pick their roster from the prospects who impress the most in camp. If Eriksson blows them away and shows no problem adjusting to NA hockey, he theoretically could make the team.

Last edited:

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
The Frugal Gourmet said:
It's fun to speculate, but the Stars will do what they do every year and pick their roster from the prospects who impress the most in camp. If Eriksson blows them away and shows no problem adjusting to NA hockey, he theoretically could make the team.
Exactly. I wouldnt count out any of these youngsters at this point. A guy like Crombeen could impress the stars with hard work and make the team out of camp. I certainly like the fact that we've gotten a bunch of these guys over here and now we can see how they adapt to the north american game by placing them in the minors at a younger age.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
This is really good for the stars. Polak and Erikkson never got consistent ice time and both could use top minutes. Jokinin could spend some time in the minors to adapt and could help by mid-year. The defense will be young in Iowa but talented I think. Iowa will be fun to watch. Of HF's top 20, 15 are signed and 14 will play in the US

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Starsdude said:
This is really good for the stars. Polak and Erikkson never got consistent ice time and both could use top minutes. Jokinin could spend some time in the minors to adapt and could help by mid-year. The defense will be young in Iowa but talented I think. Iowa will be fun to watch. Of HF's top 20, 15 are signed and 14 will play in the US
yeah looking at what is likely iowas roster, even before the oilers prospects, the team looks like it has alot of potential to score. A very good skating team as well.

The Frugal Gourmet

Mar 3, 2002
New York, New York
Visit site
txomisc said:
Exactly. I wouldnt count out any of these youngsters at this point. A guy like Crombeen could impress the stars with hard work and make the team out of camp. I certainly like the fact that we've gotten a bunch of these guys over here and now we can see how they adapt to the north american game by placing them in the minors at a younger age.

Yup. I like having the competition there at camp at least.

[btw, sorry for turning this into a "Stars"-talk thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->