Loudest crowd

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I was at MTS Centre on Wednesday and then re-watched the game on Sportsnet. Sportsnet without doubt turned down the volume to smother out crowd noise best they could. Watched Nashville yesterday... sounded very loud. If Fox didn't enhance the crowd noise... color me impressed with the Nashville fans. Boston was pretty loud as well.
I was there Wednesday too. Though it was loud at times, I was surprised how quiet it was at other times, I thought it was going to be electric from start to finish. I think this next game will be more high flying and crowd will be into it more though.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Every arena is loud when the team scores and everyone goes nuts. I think the debate is really how active the crowd is during play and lulls in the action. I think this is where Nashville gets a lot of its reputation, whether someone likes it or hates it is another story.

Reactions: ccp14a

Markus250

Jan 27, 2014
I was at MTS Centre on Wednesday and then re-watched the game on Sportsnet. Sportsnet without doubt turned down the volume to smother out crowd noise best they could. Watched Nashville yesterday... sounded very loud. If Fox didn't enhance the crowd noise... color me impressed with the Nashville fans. Boston was pretty loud as well.
You are 100% correct, was at the game and watched the recording after and it was muted heavily. Want to know how to tell how loud the crowd really is? Compare it to the announcer/music. It sounded like the starting lineup was being whispered on sportsnet and when Liane tied the game you couldn’t hear the goal song because the crowd drowned it out, both show how low the volume was turned down and how comparitively loud the crowd was. My ears physically hurt that night and my throat still hurt the following day.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
I prefer watching quality hockey, leave the noise making to European leagues and college....
giphy.gif

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Source? I mean I watched both and Winnipeg was bonkers. But I've seen nothing about the decibel levels of either games.

It was posted on TV... During the games. Winnipeg hit 110. Nashville was 107.5

Regardless tho... You a preds fan so of course u gonna say u were louder. Very subjective here.

Markus250

Jan 27, 2014
It was posted on TV... During the games. Winnipeg hit 110. Nashville was 107.5

Regardless tho... You a preds fan so of course u gonna say u were louder. Very subjective here.
I’m a Winnipeg fan who fully believes Winnipeg is the loudest building in the NHL but I wouldn’t say the arena decibel readings confirm that, no idea what level of accuracy they have but I would guess very little.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Attendance #s are a big part If Winnipeg and Boston have more than 17,500 It's not really comparable after about 1000 plus fans

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I just think it's funny that for 15 years Preds fans had to deal with people wrongly saying we had no fans, and now people get annoyed because our fans are too rowdy.

Hey man, enjoy it. I don't understand why people have to be so annoyed with chants, and what not. The players on the ice, they just hear noise really. Granted, there are times(the winnipeg rolleson(spelling) comes to mind) where a player I'm sure could get rattled. But for the most part, I'm sure the players just enjoy the loud aspects of an arena. It's adrenaline for them.

And good for you guys. I wish the Coyotes were like that! Keep it up.

Reactions: Drake744

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Nashville imo

The Vegas Knights deserve some appreciation, their crowd has been impressive for a first year team.

Jets are really loud too.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I just think it's funny that for 15 years Preds fans had to deal with people wrongly saying we had no fans, and now people get annoyed because our fans are too rowdy.
Funny thing is the “traditional” fans whine that Nashville just discovered hockey last year when the truth is those idiots just discovered Nashville last year. The chants and cheers are 2 decades old or older, and the fans started doing them to make the games fun and entertaining when our team was terrible on the ice. I remember doing the same chants when the Predators were losing every game 3-1 or 2-0. Just seeing one goal scored was a reason for excitement.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Funny thing is the “traditional” fans whine that Nashville just discovered hockey last year when the truth is those idiots just discovered Nashville last year. The chants and cheers are 2 decades old or older, and the fans started doing them to make the games fun and entertaining when our team was terrible on the ice. I remember doing the same chants when the Predators were losing every game 3-1 or 2-0. Just seeing one goal scored was a reason for excitement.

I remember about 5 years ago watching a NSH game and thinking "man, I gotta watch a game there sometime"

Reactions: Drake744

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba
My money's on Winnipeg or Nashville

Hardcore Winnipeg fan here. I was pretty unimpressed with the noise in game one. It was loud as hell at times. But could hear a pin drop other times. Which is unacceptable to me. Couldn’t even get a Go Jets Go chant going a couple different times. My parents went to this one and said it was bonkers though. So maybe game one was nerves having never won a playoff game? I dunno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad