Loudest crowd

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
Winnipeg hit 114 dB tonight, for thoughs unaware dB is a logarithmic scale and is not a linear scale which means as each dB is gained it has a greater impact, i.e. going from 110db to 111 dB takes more noise increase than going from 109dB to 110dB

Yup. I am aware. This is a lorgaritmac scale. Interesting (for people who don't understand).

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Sadly, there is some truth to this. Being focused and appreciative, and emotionally invested, isn't rally compatible with choreographed, cute little pep rally type cheers. Its fun, yes, but it has nothing to do with hockey.

Sorry noisy fans, the game ain't about you!

Boy Oh Boy....

Sorry hoity toity fans, the game ain't about you either!

:D

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Sadly, there is some truth to this. Being focused and appreciative, and emotionally invested, isn't rally compatible with choreographed, cute little pep rally type cheers. Its fun, yes, but it has nothing to do with hockey.

It must be awfully fun to sip your martini's and eat your caviar while you cluck your tongue at all the beneath-you franchises.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Actually, you do. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Okay. Any time I'd suggest that maybe Honda Center wasn't being loud was because they were focused/nervous I'd get laughed down and be told it's because they're all casuals.

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
I was at game 2 in Winnipeg last night and yes, it was very loud. The building was rocking. Great atmosphere in there.

I recall the Shark Tank being a bit louder when I was there for a playoff game in 2013, although I was sitting in the upper bowl for that game and the lower bowl last night so maybe that makes a difference. Anyway, Bell MTS Place is extremely loud!

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Hey guys! Which arena do you think has the longest lines for the urinals? That means those people know how to party at a hockey game!

Reactions: Eyeseeing

RedWillys

Dec 13, 2017
Hey guys! Which arena do you think has the longest lines for the urinals? That means those people know how to party at a hockey game!

Depends on how many beers I’ve had in relation to the last time I peed. Also a logarithmic scale.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

Is it about you?

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Well, we definitely have our answer. Toronto is putting these other teams to shame. Place is way louder than any other. Expected nothing less

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Well, we definitely have our answer. Toronto is putting these other teams to shame. Place is way louder than any other. Expected nothing less

Huh? It's pretty quiet....from what I'm seeing. In Boston, the first few rows had a bunch of blue collar fans with beers. In Toronto..well.....suits. Until the Leafs do something ( Unlikely they can) about it, it'll always be quiet.

Props to Devils fans. It was absolutely rocking from my vantage point ( couch). Has NJ always been this loud?

Last edited:

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Huh? It's pretty quiet....from what I'm seeing. In Boston, the first few rows had a bunch of blue collar fans with beers. In Toronto..well.....suits. Until the Leafs do something ( Unlikely they can) about it, it'll always be quiet.

Props to Devils fans. It was absolutely rocking from my vantage point ( couch). Has NJ always been this loud?
NJ has a very underrated crowd. They definitely weren't always loud though, it started in the 2nd round of the 2012 playoffs when there was a real belief the Devils could make a deep playoff run. The crowds for those Philly and Ranger series were some of the loudest I've heard. Same thing this year. After being away from the playoffs for almost 6 years, there's an excitement surrounding this years team. People are pumped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad