Looking to play in Grand Rapids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rill

Nov 18, 2005
Grand Rapids
www.winferno.com
Hello all

I have been lurking in this forum for quite a while:)

I just moved to Grand Rapids from Atlanta although I am from Michigan originally. For the last 10 years I have played with a group of guys on Thursday nights and it was a BLAST! We had the ice for 1.5 hours and it was great exercise and great hockey (for us anyway). We played 10 guys to a team and you just traded out with one guy all night.

Anyway...

My question is does anyone know of any "games" like this in Grand Rapids? The leagues have already started so I can't get on a team until the spring. Also, I don't know anyone here yet and I figured it would be a great way to meet some folks.

So, if there is anyone here from GR please introduce yourself:)

Thanks everyone

Rill

BrentZ10

Jun 30, 2005
I'm going to Grand Valley next fall, so I could be looking for someplace to play also.

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
How old are you and what's your ability level? If you're over 40, I play in an over 40 league at Southside Ice Arena on Mondays at 9pm. We are always looking for new players. Show up a bit before game time with your equipment and it's likely we can find you a spot as a sub. I did this last year and one of the teams picked me up full time at the beginning of this season.

If you are under 40, check out the open hockey at Patterson. These games are usually well attended.

I also know a few groups who rent ice time. Both are by invitation only. I will see if they have any openings and let you know.

MiZZZike*

I'm in Plymouth, not sure the distance to/from Grand Rapids but here...

Compuware Friday and Saturday nights @ 10:30pm. They have other times such as Friday mornings but I'm usually there on Friday and Sat. nights. You get a lot of High School kids there, it's pretty good.
Farmington Hills Mon, Wed, Sat. 11pm. One of the best drop-ins around, get Junior, college, midget, high school, everything.

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
Icer said:
I also know a few groups who rent ice time. Both are by invitation only. I will see if they have any openings and let you know.

The first group said come on out. I'm not sure if you'll like the time, though. Southside Ice on Friday mornings at 5:30 am.

Transported Upstater

Icer said:
The first group said come on out. I'm not sure if you'll like the time, though. Southside Ice on Friday mornings at 5:30 am.

OUCH...

There's something awesome about getting ready for a hockey practice really early in the morning though, it's invigorating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad