Looking for a nearly flat blade

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
My slap shot is still way too high. During the warm-up, it is most of the times 6 inches above the net. Two solutions: Either I get a blade with the proper shape, or I try to shoot lower. In the latter, I'm afraid to lose power on the shot. :dunno:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
My slap shot is still way too high. During the warm-up, it is most of the times 6 inches above the net. Two solutions: Either I get a blade with the proper shape, or I try to shoot lower. In the latter, I'm afraid to lose power on the shot. :dunno:

If you keep the shot down it will most likely be stronger/faster. Just learn how to control your shot...its not the blade. I have the most illegal blade on the market and can keep my shots on the ice or top corner.

EmptyNetter

Jun 22, 2006
North Shore, MA
Also keep your stick low on the follow-through. The higher it goes, the higher the puck will go.

If you're still looking for a flat blade look for a stick with a Crosby curve.

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
Thanks for your advice. I will try them.

As a matter of fact, I scored on a slap shot tonight! :handclap: I had another slap shot before, but missed the net by 6 inches on the right. Both times, my legs gave up because I was tired and was slightly out of balance, and I had the right knee on the floor. It surely looks good for the style. I almost got another goal when I was at 7 feet from the front of the net, hit the ball in the air. The ball was boucing toward the empty net, going, going, going, for what seemed an eternity and out of the blue a player came out, felt on the floor, grabbed the ball in the air, pushed it to the goalie's side who kept it under him. I often have dreams like that when I come soooo close from getting a goal. Tonight that dream turned into reality! :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->