Looking for a cheap composite

budscweizer16

Jun 14, 2004
Prospect Park(outsid
I have used wooden stickes all my life, Im a fairly good player who possesses a pretty good slapshot, but after a while My amrs will start to hurt, All my friends have composites and i've tryed them and liked them. Anyway I was wondering if anyone is selling any composites? or if they have any advice on cheap composites and where to get them? or maybe even a lightweight wooden stick. Any help would be appreciated.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Depends what you mean cheap and if you want one or two piece. There's like realllly cheap like Easton Octane shafts which is $20. AIn't horrid as long as you don't take huge slapshots but sounds like you do. Some people think $80 is cheap and you could get a CCM Vector one piece on sale probably.

Honestly, I'd look into a Nike Apollo one piece, they are like $60 on sale. Pray that they got some still around cause that was a realllly good deal. They got some Bauer Vapor V one piece at around the same price. There's some Montreal Nitro sticks at prices like that too. There are lots of selections, depends what you want and how hard you want to look.

budscweizer16

Jun 14, 2004
Prospect Park(outsid
some websites sell factory run off synergys that have no markings on them, that are kinda cheap.

which websites? what do u mean no colors or logos or writing??

I have an octane, but I realy dislike it, and its actually not that lightweight. I was looknig on spending around 50-60. Hmmm the Nike Apollo might be the way to go.

any other suggestions?

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Depending on what batch of "famous maker" sticks they are, I think they could be Synergys but saw on ModSquad that they think they're actually Bauer sticks. WinnWell sells some sticks that are these sticks with WinnWell all over them. But yeah keep checking...Hockey Giant the past few days have had awesome deals, but they were only going on for like a few hours before being changed.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Blueshirt-1-7-35 said:
Link to a sale with some cheaper composites
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/clearance-sticks.html

Nice find! They must have updated this within the last week or so.....I'm kinda pissed, I went to their actual store in Anaheim last weekend to look at some goalie stuff. They advertised it on their site with a price and different sizing/color options.....and when I get there, they don't have anything.

The Mission L-2 combo is a relatively good deal. The L-2 is a tapered shaft, so it feels like as close as a one piece stick as you can get without actually being a fused one piece stick. They also send you two blades (which cost $50 apiece).

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
For the money this is a dam good stick.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/louistpsresh3.html

Thanks to Blueshirt-1-7-35 for posting that link.

Guys I skate with have a lot of good things to say about CCM Vector 110's. Follow Blueshirt-1-7-35 link at hockey monkey dot com. There are some there on sale.

hockeystud938

Feb 21, 2005
Blueshirt-1-7-35 said:
some websites sell factory run off synergys that have no markings on them, that are kinda cheap.

^^^^if u want a cheap good stick this is what i would go with ^^^^

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Anyone use that Gear Hornet stick? It's the cheapest of the one piece composites. I just ordered one for inline hockey, I needed a cheaper stick so I thought I'd give it a go.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Most Gear stuff is more in line with roller hockey. But people have used it for ice. I've read reviews and couple people who have used it for ice have had ok results or so they say. $50, ain't too bad--- though it is possible to find a Bauer V or CCM Vector v80 for around that price and I'm willing to bet those are more reliable. Bauer V supposedly are built like tanks. You could probably find Montreal Nitros for that price too.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I did see a Bauer V for $60, the v80's sell for closer to $90...

I got the (Gear Hornet) stick yesterday, it was lighter than I thought feels pretty good. I'll let you all know how it holds up, though it seems well made.

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
stick9 said:
For the money this is a dam good stick.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/louistpsresh3.html

Thanks to Blueshirt-1-7-35 for posting that link.

Guys I skate with have a lot of good things to say about CCM Vector 110's. Follow Blueshirt-1-7-35 link at hockey monkey dot com. There are some there on sale.

im probably gonna buy this stick does anyone have a suggestion to which curve i should get i used a drury synergy until it broke last night :madfire:

they have tkachuk and c77 blades LH

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Those numbers also confuse me...but I do believe Drury=Tkachuk cept Tkachuk the lie is .5 lower.

Just wondering if anyone ever used a Montreal Nitro? Looking to purchase some cheap.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I just picked up the Easton One stick for $80. It has the feel of a wood stick but is a 1 piece. I have an SL and a Stealth and I like how the One feels so far if that helps.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Heard the Easton Ones are decent, cept heavy. But can't be as heavy as wielding lumber.

I just wound up betting a Montreal Nitro off someone for $40. Waits to be seen how good is it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad