Lookin for info and comments on USA prospects..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usahockeyfan12

Jun 1, 2004
I was wondering if anyone would give me there info or comments on these three USA prospects.....

1. Geoff Paukovich USA NTDP possible 2nd - 3rd???

2. Tyler Haskins Toronto ( OHL ) possible 2nd -3rd????

3. Kevin Porter USA NTDP possible 4-6???

Thank you for your input

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
penkil2 said:
Kevin Porter should go in the 3rd-4th.

Porter will go on the first day and I wouldn't be shocked if he jumped into the late second round. He's a great skater and a smooth player. Very skilled and competes extremely hard at both ends of the rink. I think Porter is one of the most under-rated players in this draft. Whoever gets him, is getting a great kid/player.

Tyler Haskins is a good player but I personally prefer Porter. They are roughly the same size and play similar games but Porter is a bit better skater and has a bigger offensive upside. As the Hockey News pointed out, Haskins is an "honest" player, most people aren't overly thrilled about any one aspect about his game. He'll probably go ahead of Porter simply because he played in the OHL. Haskins is a solid 3rd-4th round pick in my opinion. Solid player nothing flashy.

D.Legwand

Jun 4, 2004
Minnesota
Blake Wheeler is as great U.S. player, should be a first rounder, but might slip into the second. 6'3 1/2'', skates good, that will only get better. Grew four inches in a year. Has tremendous offensive skills. I am sure you guy know about him already, just throwing in my 2 cents. He is only a junior in high school though, so I have no idea.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
I see Haskins going late 2nd/early 3rd.

As another poster mentioned, his game is nothing flashy, but you win with guys like him. One of the lower-drafting teams at the end of the order will snap him up. Winning teams love winning attitudes, even if the skills aren't top tier.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
D.Legwand said:
Blake Wheeler is as great U.S. player, should be a first rounder, but might slip into the second. 6'3 1/2'', skates good, that will only get better. Grew four inches in a year. Has tremendous offensive skills. I am sure you guy know about him already, just throwing in my 2 cents. He is only a junior in high school though, so I have no idea.

I doubt Wheeler goes 1st round. Im thinking mid 2nd or so. Hes had a lot of hype recently, but thn doesnt even have him in their top 60, As a matter of fact they dont even have him in the top 90 of just NA skaters. Not that I agree with this though, I do feel he's gonna go 2nd round, but I dont this hes gonna go first round.

degroat*

Alex Kovalev said:
I doubt Wheeler goes 1st round. Im thinking mid 2nd or so. Hes had a lot of hype recently, but thn doesnt even have him in their top 60, As a matter of fact they dont even have him in the top 90 of just NA skaters. Not that I agree with this though, I do feel he's gonna go 2nd round, but I dont this hes gonna go first round.

Blake Wheeler is ranked 72 by THN.

McKeen's ranks him 39.

He's ranked 17th among NA Skaters by CSS.

X-SHARKIE

Usahockeyfan12 said:
I was wondering if anyone would give me there info or comments on these three USA prospects.....

1. Geoff Paukovich USA NTDP possible 2nd - 3rd???

2. Tyler Haskins Toronto ( OHL ) possible 2nd -3rd????

3. Kevin Porter USA NTDP possible 4-6???

Thank you for your input

I saw Geoff Paukovich and even put him in my top 60, I thought he was the most talented player 2004 eligible from the USNTDP, but then I heard that he had some head issues ? :dunno:

Well, Geof is a big big guy. He's freaking HUGE!! And very powerfull, and one nasty player. I love his upside. He's listed at 6-4 215. That size in a forward is going to give defensman fits. Plus he can drill a guy. He hits,and hits, and hits, hard! He's the Boris Valabik of forwards this year! lol. Skill wise, his strengths are his vision and passing. He sets up his linemates very well and shows a good read of the offfensive game, the rest of his game is just average then, He has solid hands, a solid shot, His skating is good IMO for a man his size. He brings it every shift and is a very pasionite player who loves to compete, awesome defensivly. His slap shot is powerful, but accruacy is a big thing. He could be an awesome powerforward. I see at least a bruising fourth liner out of Geoff. I like him alot!

Kevin Porter: He can flat out play, I like what I saw out of him. He definitly caught my eye. He has to be the fastest player in the USNTDP and arguably one of the best skaters in the draft. Teams won't over look his speed. He's also a very smart player, who is consistantly making things happen offensivly, plus his game away from the puck is very good, expecially his fore check and his effort in the defensive zone.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Stich said:
Blake Wheeler is ranked 72 by THN.

McKeen's ranks him 39.

He's ranked 17th among NA Skaters by CSS.

I scrolled over thn pretty quickly. But still, at 72 of just NA prospects, it seems like hes a bit of stretch (in thn's opinon) for the 2nd round, let alone 1st.

He'll go mid 2nd IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad