Long Retired Gamer Need Some Help re: EA FC 24 and Now U7buy

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I figured that this is as good of a place as any to ask about gaming consoles for FIFA. My son plays FIFA on his phone but he always seems to want to buy upgrades through Google Play. It's been a minute since I last had anything to do with gaming. I believe my last system was PS1 for reference. So if he were to buy a system say XBox for shits and giggles and he bought FIFA24, would he have to/could he buy upgrades or are they all included in the game? If he'd need to buy any upgrades what is the potential payment methods? Thanks ahead of time!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I figured that this is as good of a place as any to ask about gaming consoles for FIFA. My son plays FIFA on his phone but he always seems to want to buy upgrades through Google Play. It's been a minute since I last had anything to do with gaming. I believe my last system was PS1 for reference. So if he were to buy a system say XBox for shits and giggles and he bought FIFA24, would he have to/could he buy upgrades or are they all included in the game? If he'd need to buy any upgrades what is the potential payment methods? Thanks ahead of time!
They're no longer called FIFA, due to losing the license. It's EA FC now.

Reactions: John Price

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

There are upgrades or add ons that you can purchase for nearly every game nowadays, once you set up your account on whichever console, you can purchase a currency card at a retailer like Best Buy or Walmart or Target, to put money onto the account in various increments, all three of the major consoles (Xbox, PS, and Switch) do this, it will basically stay on your account in a virtual wallet until you use it. Of course you can also set the account up with a credit card for payment, and set it so that a password needs to be entered for any purchase, so that there are no "surprise" purchases

As for the consoles - Xbox has a totally digital console (Series S) that is less expensive and less powerful than the Xbox Series X

PS5 vs Series X are pretty comparable performance-wise and power wise, so most people that choose one over the other do so based on which exclusive game library suits them best

If Fifa or the newly named EA FC is the main draw for your son, avoid the Nintendo Switch as the versions of Fifa that it has gotten over the years have been garbage, not sure about the newest one, but history would say avoid it at all costs on Switch

I have all 3, for the last few generations the Playstation was the clear favorite for me, this time around I am probably leaning towards the Xbox

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

I’m assuming it’s FIFA ultimate team he’s playing? It’s massive into micro transactions for opening card packs, and that will be the same regardless of console. The best way for payment methods is probably to buy him gift cards for the system. Then he can spend up to that amount but no more.

It’s FC24 now. Switch was previously running a different game engine, but they’ve upgraded it now and it has all the features

Series X - Slight edge in console performance, but also replaceable by a gaming computer

PS5 - By far the best controller (haptic triggers are amazing), and great exclusives

Switch - Portable and great exclusives, but a significant downgrade in performance

Personally, I have a PS5, switch, and PC. I can’t justify a Series console when Microsoft will happily sell everything to me on PC, which I have anyways for work and outperforms their console

How old is he? (PM me if you don’t want to say publicly)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
His game is called EA FC 24 Mobile.
Ask him if it is ultimate team (UT) or just mobile upgrades because as The Nuge mentioned, UT is a digital online card game where you get packs which contain all the players in the game

It is potentially addicting due to the randomisation of players you can get, where everyone is trying to get the top players of the sport like Mbappe, Messi, etc. Then EA does special events every blue moon upgrading the ratings of players that are in form and for different holidays as well to try and maximise the chances of spending money to get these players.

Then they make teams with the players they get factoring in chemistry, formation, and tactics with the players. They can play offline tournament modes or battle other people's teams. When I was playing FIFA, you could sell and buy individual players. I am not sure if they still have that option in the game, but if I got Messi I would've sold him and gotten the funds to buy three or so other players to fill positions of need. Now I understand this might not help your question, but I wanted to give you some background on what your son might be spending money on. EA has its own currency, so he might potentially be buying EA credits with real dollars and then buying packs with said credits. It is pretty much the form of gambling because it is all randomised, but you are "guaranteed" a certain level of player.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I’m assuming it’s FIFA ultimate team he’s playing? It’s massive into micro transactions for opening card packs, and that will be the same regardless of console. The best way for payment methods is probably to buy him gift cards for the system. Then he can spend up to that amount but no more.

It’s FC24 now. Switch was previously running a different game engine, but they’ve upgraded it now and it has all the features

Series X - Slight edge in console performance, but also replaceable by a gaming computer

PS5 - By far the best controller (haptic triggers are amazing), and great exclusives

Switch - Portable and great exclusives, but a significant downgrade in performance

Personally, I have a PS5, switch, and PC. I can’t justify a Series console when Microsoft will happily sell everything to me on PC, which I have anyways for work and outperforms their console

How old is he? (PM me if you don’t want to say publicly)
I’m thinking of buying EA Sports FC 24 for the switch. I play only career mode so the career mode is exactly the same as Xbox and ps5 versions? They didn’t leave out any features?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I’m thinking of buying EA Sports FC 24 for the switch. I play only career mode so the career mode is exactly the same as Xbox and ps5 versions? They didn’t leave out any features?

I haven’t gotten it yet, but that’s what the reviews seem to be saying. Previously it was “legacy” which meant it was an old version with updated rosters

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hey guys and gals we just gave my son a PS4 with EA FC24 for Christmas, my son's friend overseas said that you need Playstation Plus to play online with friends. Is this the case? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm used to plug and play with PS1, Super Nintendo and the original NES.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jovavic

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Yes, he will need PlayStation Plus to play online with friends. It comes in a one month, three months, six months, or twelve months price point. You also get monthly "free" games that you can access as long as you have the service. You can buy a card at your local store where the gift cards are and enter in the code through the console or you can buy it straight from the PlayStation Store on the system but you'll need to put in a credit card.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Hey guys and gals we just gave my son a PS4 with EA FC24 for Christmas, my son's friend overseas said that you need Playstation Plus to play online with friends. Is this the case? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm used to plug and play with PS1, Super Nintendo and the original NES.
Yes, he will need PlayStation Plus to play online with friends. It comes in a one month, three months, six months, or twelve months price point. You also get monthly "free" games that you can access as long as you have the service. You can buy a card at your local store where the gift cards are and enter in the code through the console or you can buy it straight from the PlayStation Store on the system but you'll need to put in a credit card.
There are also three different tiers - Essential, Premium and Extra. Essential is the cheapest and the only one you need to play online. You're better buying the codes from stores or online. FIFA/EAFC has in-game microtransactions which are a lot easier for kids to spend money on unknowingly when there are card details saved on the console.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There are also three different tiers - Essential, Premium and Extra. Essential is the cheapest and the only one you need to play online. You're better buying the codes from stores or online. FIFA/EAFC has in-game microtransactions which are a lot easier for kids to spend money on unknowingly when there are card details saved on the console.
Thanks, so I would be buying Playstation or FIFA gift cards? Thanks!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Thanks, so I would be buying Playstation or FIFA gift cards? Thanks!
You can buy PSN store credit. I think you can buy PS Plus subscriptions, but I haven't done that in a while and I don't know how it works with the different levels of subscription. You can buy FIFA coins, and from what I know of the game this is the best thing to do to make sure he/you aren't spending too much on it. You can buy all of these online (you get the codes emailed to you) or in-store. I'd go to a gaming store if you can just to clarify the PS Plus tier thing.

Ed - One other thing, it's been a while since I added a PS Plus subscription to my account but if you buy that through the console it gets set to automatically renew when it expires. If you don't have enough credit in your account or card details saved when the time comes it can't. I'm guessing you can turn off auto-renew somewhere but I remember getting burned by that before.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Does anyone have any experience with U7buy for buying players for EA FC 24?

I just want to clarify a couple things before I give my opinion.

The in game currency in FC 24 Ultimate Team are coins. You can earn them through playing the game, packing players and selling them through the transfer market.

FC Points is the currency you use to open packs. You spend real money either through the Playstation store or gift cards through various stores.

Packs: EA has a bunch of different kind of packs that you can earn by playing the game or buying through the store, with some packs having a guarantee of a minimum overall rating of a player (I.E. pack has a guarantee of 1 player being 82 overall or higher). Packs will either be tradeable packs (meaning that players you get in the pack you will be able to put on the transfer market and make coins off of) or untradeable packs (meaning that players you pack you will not be able to sell on the transfer market and make coins)

You cannot buy coins/players with real money as its against EA's terms of service, which could get your account banned. People still do it anyways through those kind of sites that you mentioned, but with the way EA has set up their game, its pretty risky transferring coins/players.

I'm sure the site you mention is probably fine, it doesn't seem like a scam site. But in my opinion, the most reliable way to improve any team quickly and if you're willing to spend money on the game, just buy some FC Points and spend it on packs. EA has made it extremely easy to get a decent team quickly this year with the kind of packs they are releasing

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I just want to clarify a couple things before I give my opinion.

The in game currency in FC 24 Ultimate Team are coins. You can earn them through playing the game, packing players and selling them through the transfer market.

FC Points is the currency you use to open packs. You spend real money either through the Playstation store or gift cards through various stores.

Packs: EA has a bunch of different kind of packs that you can earn by playing the game or buying through the store, with some packs having a guarantee of a minimum overall rating of a player (I.E. pack has a guarantee of 1 player being 82 overall or higher). Packs will either be tradeable packs (meaning that players you get in the pack you will be able to put on the transfer market and make coins off of) or untradeable packs (meaning that players you pack you will not be able to sell on the transfer market and make coins)

You cannot buy coins/players with real money as its against EA's terms of service, which could get your account banned. People still do it anyways through those kind of sites that you mentioned, but with the way EA has set up their game, its pretty risky transferring coins/players.

I'm sure the site you mention is probably fine, it doesn't seem like a scam site. But in my opinion, the most reliable way to improve any team quickly and if you're willing to spend money on the game, just buy some FC Points and spend it on packs. EA has made it extremely easy to get a decent team quickly this year with the kind of packs they are releasing
Thanks, how do you buy FC Points? My son wants an Erling Haaland 91 rated card and a few other players that are similarly rated. What would be the best way to get at least that card quickly and without spending a mint? Thanks!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thanks, how do you buy FC Points? My son wants an Erling Haaland 91 rated card and a few other players that are similarly rated. What would be the best way to get at least that card quickly and without spending a mint? Thanks!

I think you might be able to get FC Points at a gaming store/Target/whatever, but most if not all transactions to buy FC Points require you to put your debit/credit card on the console. You can use Paypal though.

BUT I would go to the packs first to see how many FC Points each one requires. As @kingsboy11 mentions, there are different packs and better packs (i.e. the pack that gives you a higher chance at better players) will cost more FC Points per one, which means more real money.

Now you can buy a Haaland card on the transfer system using the games coins, but the problem is that a player like Haaland will be super rich. I remember in FIFA17 when players like Messi and Ronaldo were going for about 800k to 1.5 million coins. Opening the packs is just like opening a set of hockey cards in real life, it is completely random and why some of the EA tactics have been met with resistance as it has been labelled as a form of "gambling." I know Belgium and one or two other European countries actually banned certain EA games due to online transactions being labelled as gambling by the countries' lawmakers. I've seen some people have to open 50+ packs to eventually get a top-rated player and then I've seen some people get a special edition (boosted rating) version of Messi in 2-3 packs. The best chance you get is from the packs that guarantee an 80+ rated player, but there are so many of these players in the game, that is still lady luck. Plus, again, if you buy those packs that "guarantee" something, it will cost more real money.

I got some brethren in England and they've told stories about how their buddies spend like 500-800 pounds on these FIFA card packs, especially when the "Team of the Year" packs come out (which is around this time). It's not all bad, but I just want you to know that there is a bit of a dark sid (though the transfer market also teaches about economics, supply/demand, and how to sell players to make a profit).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad