London's team next year

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I know this year isn't over yet but just curious if London hosts the memorial cup in 2014 does a lot of the current roster come back? Will they have an older team? Esp on the defence. Any of the draft picks from 2012 and 2013 draft make the team?

I know this year isn't over yet but just curious if London hosts the memorial cup in 2014 does a lot of the current roster come back? Will they have an older team? Esp on the defence. Any of the draft picks from 2012 and 2013 draft make the team?
The Knights are in a position to get all 13 forwards back that are currently on their roster..yes all of them. Seth Griffith could be the only forward moving on...but most think he'll be back as an over ager. Owen MacDonald should crack the roster out of camp..and possibly Marner if he is signed..thats likely it although I think you'll see Pawley,Jammes and possibly one more moved out inorder to have a 4th line of rookies..

On defence the Knights will lose Harrington,Hughes,Sefton and Ferry to graduation. Look for DiLorenzo and Centorame to be the 6th and 7th next year.

In goal both Anthony Stolarz and Jake Patterson will be back.

Of their current roster 18-20 will be returning.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
The Knights are in a position to get all 14 forwards back that are currently on their roster..yes all of them. Seth Griffith could be the only forward moving on...but most think he'll be back as an over ager.

On defense the Knights will lose Harrington,Hughes,Sefton and Ferry to graduation.

In goal both Anthony Stolarz and Jake Patterson will be back.

I think you can flip Sefton and Griffith. Sefton doesn't look like a good bet to sign at the moment.

Griffith was signed, and I don't remember many signed players come back as a OA.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
I think you can flip Sefton and Griffith. Sefton doesn't look like a good bet to sign at the moment.

Griffith was signed, and I don't remember many signed players come back as a OA.

I agree, I think Sefton may be back next year. I have heard that San Jose hasnt been to happy with his progress and play this year.

I hear they may be getting McCarron from US program, most likely mid year, as the Knights usually do annually. This year they secured Stolarz and Mermas mid season, and I am sure they have some rabbits in their hat this year.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Signed defensemen often come back for their overage year (Well, "often" as in it actually happens), but I don't see forwards. A lot easier to get a 20 year old forward into an AHL team or ECHL team than it is a 20 year old defensemen.

Griffith coming back may depend on one thing..the Memorial Cup hosting rights. If he has one more sure kick at the can..I think you can bank on Boston giving him that opportunity. Stranger things have happened...hell...Harrington could be sent back as an OA. Myself I think Griffith still has some homework to do in Junior before going pro. They could lose Horvat more than Griffith in my opinion.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
IMO there's no chance Griffith comes back, Mem cup or not Boston will want to get him into their system as quickly as possible.

I've been saying next year is the year they can be crazy good. A good bunch of forwards coming back with a goalie learning and starting to get shooters in this league and looking pretty good. Broadhurst and Sefton could be 2 OA's while they could parlay some younger players in a solid third OA.

IMO there's no chance Griffith comes back, Mem cup or not Boston will want to get him into their system as quickly as possible.

I've been saying next year is the year they can be crazy good. A good bunch of forwards coming back with a goalie learning and starting to get shooters in this league and looking pretty good. Broadhurst and Sefton could be 2 OA's while they could parlay some younger players in a solid third OA.
Hard to imagine that next years team could actually be better than the 05 team...not a stretch at all

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hard to imagine that next years team could actually be better than the 05 team...not a stretch at all

Assuming Sefton is not brought back,I doubt Pitt sends Harrington back to junior
for a 5th year,the Knights will have to upgrade the D to be compared to the 05
team
Maata,Zadorov,Mermis and Liberati is a nice start,my feeling is the Knights will
use 2 spots of the o/a variety to beef up the blueline
It would sting if both Horvat and Griffith were not to return,I have heard more then 1
NHL team thinks he could be ready next yr.
I like him better now then Col"s Oreilly who made it at 18
While I think its possible that Horvat cracks the NHL next yr at 18,my feeling is that
Horvat,Domi and Zadorov will make the NHL at 19 in 2014/2015

sbrug

Aug 30, 2012
Griffith should be in the AHL. McCarron's probably not an option. Sefton should be back in the OHL, not necessarily with the Knights. But they could give him the # 6 spot a la Brett Cook. Right now, Di Lorenzo should have a bottom pairing spot. Liberati - do they trust him on D? Werenski is probably a no show for 2 years at least.

Broadhurst-Tierney-Domi
Rupert-Horvat-Rupert
Elie-Platzer-Anderson
Marner-MacDonald-Welychka

Zadorov-Maatta
Mermis-?????
Di Lorenzo-Sefton

Liberati, Centorame, Werenski, Griffith, Jammes, Pawley?

the Knights will have to upgrade the D to be compared to the 05
team
Maata,Zadorov,Mermis and Liberati is a nice start,my feeling is the Knights will
use 2 spots of the o/a variety to beef up the blueline
Exactly my thought HL11...make a couple of moves to shore up the back end...and well..I'm excited just thinking of the possibilities. In Mark we trust.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
London's team next year?

Good.:)

Wrister nailed it. HL n PP brought up the fact they add to the D, and yes in Mark Ill trust to make a move or two.
#1 add a D or 2, get a non OA stud Mark.
#2 move a F(s)to make space and give em a chance. The 2nd yr bubble guys.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Signed defensemen often come back for their overage year (Well, "often" as in it actually happens), but I don't see forwards. A lot easier to get a 20 year old forward into an AHL team or ECHL team than it is a 20 year old defensemen.

I can't remember the last NHL signed forward to come back for an OA year, let alone one who has averaged almost a point and a half a game in his previous year.
Griffith is ready for a new challenge.

I would put some significant coin on Sefton being back in the OHL next year.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I tend to agree Griffith will move on.

Sefton could very well be back in the O, well see if its in London or elsewhere

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
I think if Sefton wants to move on he'd be wise to drop some weight. He can still be as strong as an ox but be 10-12 pounds lighter and that may help him with his foot speed.

As much as I think Griffith needs to be sent back it maybe his best interest to move on. He needs a new coach that will make him play both ends of the ice and force him to give 100% effort every shift.

I think Liberati maybe dealt. I just don't get the vibe that the Hunters trust him on D.

New NHL next year with a lower cap.... Horvat, Domi and Zadorov may all be poached :laugh:

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
they could potentially start the year with all Liberati, Centorame and DiLorenzo in the lineup and move 1 or 2 if more experience and better options become available.

sbrug

Aug 30, 2012
they could potentially start the year with all Liberati, Centorame and DiLorenzo in the lineup and move 1 or 2 if more experience and better options become available.

The Knights are going to empty the tank next year. I'm expecting Griffith to move on, but people have to remember that Broadhurst, Horvat, and Maatta also have realistic shots at not returning to the Knights next year. Domi and Zadorov too but I'd be quite surpised if those two weren't back. Centorame, Di Lorenzo can be good trade bait being just 1996 born. Marner would also be a great trade chip if Hunter goes all in.

Gensfan9

Mar 20, 2012
I can't remember the last NHL signed forward to come back for an OA year, let alone one who has averaged almost a point and a half a game in his previous year.
Griffith is ready for a new challenge.

I would put some significant coin on Sefton being back in the OHL next year.

It happens. Dale Mitchell signed and played in the A before being sent to Windsor to complete the second half of his OA year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad