London Knights in DRAFT '04

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by trahans99, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trahans99

trahans99 Registered User

Accountant
    Okay so we all know about Schremp and Bolland, i'd like to ask everyone out there if they can giveme opinions on where Trevor Kell and Brandon Prust will go (if they get drafted)?

Trevor Kell was a rookie this year and had a decent season given the limited ice time and role of 3rd-4th line grinder. But he had a great post season being the 4th leading scorer on the team (ahead of both Schremp and Bolland). I see this kid as being a 3rd-4th line grinder if he continues to develop at the rate he did this year. He will probably get drafted in the late rounds (rated around 151st on CSB I think) and play another 2 years in London then a few in the AHL but could make the NHL in 4-5 years and land on someone's 3rd or 4th line. If I were a GM i'd take him in the 4th or 5th round.

As for Brandon Prust he is 19 and wasn't drafted last year. But he has shown great leadership skills and physical play that is unheard of for someone of his stature (5'10 approx 180lbs). He will more than likely be the Captain of the Knights next year. He had 52 pts, 263 PIMs in 64 games in the reg. season and was 2nd on the team in post season scoring only behind Corey Perry with 22pts in 20 games. This kid plays with passion and desire the way the game should be played. If I were a GM this is one guy I would love to have in my organization. I expect him to come back for next season as an over ager and then play in the AHL for a few years or ECHL for 1 then AHL. I'd take a chance on him as well in this years draft even though he is 19. I'd probably take him in the 5-6 round though as this draft isn't considered to be very deep.

Oh yeah and just for the record i'm predicting Schremp to go to Atlanta at 10th and Bolland to go to Calgary at 19th overall.

All comments are appreciated.

2. KingofSpain

KingofSpain Registered User

No, I'm Ergophobic
    Home Page:
    Kell will probably go in the 6th or 7th, but will turn out to be a steal / quality pick. Prust on the other hand might go undrafted due to his age, likely getting an invite to a pro camp. He could be signed this year or wait until after the next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.