London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Knights aren’t out of the woods yet in regards to Papa Hache.

He’s going to be pissed the Knights beat out his boy and he won’t want them facing off in the Memorial Cup.

I’m betting PPs are 8-2 for whoever the Knights play in the final in Game 1 😂

I think you would be hard pressed to prove the knights have had less luck with on and off ice officials than the battalion.
And the generals have probably been every bit as fortunate as the spirit. I believe the gens are 5-0 in reviewed goals so far.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Everyone keeps talking about playing Saginaw in 2 1/2-3 weeks, was I in a coma and we won the OHL Championship while I was out or do we still have to actually play the games and WIN to get there?? Come on now!!!!
"Everyone" isn't talking like that. They are saying Saginaw plays in 2 1/2 weeks, nobody has handed the second invitation to the Knights

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
"Everyone" isn't talking like that. They are saying Saginaw plays in 2 1/2 weeks, nobody has handed the second invitation to the Knights
Agreed! Next series will be a doozy. Oshawa and North Bay are both very good teams

Reactions: Fastpace

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Knights aren’t out of the woods yet in regards to Papa Hache.

He’s going to be pissed the Knights beat out his boy and he won’t want them facing off in the Memorial Cup.

I’m betting PPs are 8-2 for whoever the Knights play in the final in Game 1 😂
It’s starting to sound like a MAGA convention in here. London is a very aggressive and often times undisciplined team. That does lead to higher PIM numbers than the competition. Outside of game five, I’m not sure there was much to complain about from a Knights perspective regarding officiating. Blast away.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
It’s starting to sound like a MAGA convention in here. London is a very aggressive and often times undisciplined team. That does lead to higher PIM numbers than the competition. Outside of game five, I’m not sure there was much to complain about from a Knights perspective regarding officiating. Blast away.
I forgot to put the /s on my original post since doing anything on HFBoards on your phone is atrocious....enough with the stupid ads!

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I agree with you, Saginaw is very soft and have been all year their high PIMs in the regular season (5th highest) are an indicator of that.

You are right that London was the physically toughest team in the league and also most skilled hence the amazing PK and SHG stats this season.

Oshawa and North Bay are both more physical and we should get a more pro style series that will benefit the knights. It’s hard to image the final being a strong challenge to the Knights both teams were 9 regulation wins behind the Knights.

I see this as being a copy of the Kitchener series, we could have dropped that OT game but the series was never really in question.

It is junior hockey anything can and will happen, if we stay healthy, play hard and actually win some face offs I think we got this.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I agree, game 5 was an exception opposed to how the referees have handled the games in these series, I am more pissed off at the league's free dishing out on deserving and undeserving extra long suspensions to Knights players, we're not seeing the same for the other side(s) for deserving infractions, never mind the undeserving ones

Am I bias, of course I am, we all are, including oppositions, the end results from the league ,however, are still hardly not in Knights favours

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This year's playoffs couldn't have been any better for OHL, all top two teams from both conferences made it to their respected finals, only the Greyhounds whom finished third overall in the league just ahead of Oshawa and North Bay was bumped out in a 7 game series.

In any case, this has to be good for Ontario hockey fans, and for junior hockey in general, even the B league is having a great series as well

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree with you, Saginaw is very soft and have been all year their high PIMs in the regular season (5th highest) are an indicator of that.

You are right that London was the physically toughest team in the league and also most skilled hence the amazing PK and SHG stats this season.

Oshawa and North Bay are both more physical and we should get a more pro style series that will benefit the knights. It’s hard to image the final being a strong challenge to the Knights both teams were 9 regulation wins behind the Knights.

I see this as being a copy of the Kitchener series, we could have dropped that OT game but the series was never really in question.

It is junior hockey anything can and will happen, if we stay healthy, play hard and actually win some face offs I think we got this.

The gens were 1-0-1 vs the knights with their post deadline roster. The battalion were 1-1 prior to acquiring Vilmanis, LeBlanc twins, and Ride. A full roster for either team with the knights minus Lawrence & Sim for four games could make the east rep more than they can handle again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad