London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
OS got themselve a new goalie today in 19 yr old Olivier Lafreniere from the 67's for a couple draft picks. The Knights will be in Owen Sound this Sunday.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Sean Day Wnd (if selling)
Cam Dineen NB (if selling)
Justin Murray Barrie
Out of those 3 Murray would be the cheapest I think, but also the most effective. I think he is also a London boy.

Last edited:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Justin Murray Barrie
Sean Day and Cam Dineen are not "stay at home D". Both are very good D but both have more of an offense style than stay at home. Both would be a good fit but more so for PP and moving the puck into the offensive zone.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Going to the game Friday night. I realize a bunch of the stars aren't going to be there, but who are the players to watch outside of them?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
OS got themselve a new goalie today in 19 yr old Olivier Lafreniere from the 67's for a couple draft picks. The Knights will be in Owen Sound this Sunday.

An underrated part of the Raaymakers trade is how much it screwed over Owen Sound

He was probably the only available goalie that's actually starter calibre

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Justin Murray Barrie

Sleeper out there....
Alex Di Carlo in Oshawa O/A Waiting at home for a trade.
Oshawa should just give him to London to make up for the MVS trade. ;) Or is everyone happy with our current O/A's?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Going to the game Friday night. I realize a bunch of the stars aren't going to be there, but who are the players to watch outside of them?

I don't know about you and the rest of the fans but I intent to watch a full team I would be disapointed if only a couple players showed up - lol - I think the Sting will bring a full team too.

All kinds of players, to name a few;

Raaymakers
Bouchard
Regula
Pu
Miletic
Rollo
Foudy
Moskal

I am sure Sarnia will not leave some of their talented players home.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
An underrated part of the Raaymakers trade is how much it screwed over Owen Sound

He was probably the only available goalie that's actually starter calibre

Unless Depiatro or Timpano become available that is. The Knights went after Raaymakers and paid the full price early for a good reason, they knew something that we didn't. They are in contact with every GMs and they have scouts all over the places, I was very critical at first but now with every games they are playing it starting to make a lot of sense.

Unless Depiatro or Timpano become available that is. The Knights went after Raaymakers and paid the full price early for a good reason, they knew something that we didn't. They are in contact with every GMs and they have scouts all over the places, I was very critical at first but now with every games they are playing it starting to make a lot of sense.
Timpano would make a good 3rd goalie behind Raaymakers and Kooy

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I don't know about you and the rest of the fans but I intent to watch a full team I would be disapointed if only a couple players showed up - lol - I think the Sting will bring a full team too.

All kinds of players, to name a few;

Raaymakers
Bouchard
Regula
Pu
Miletic
Rollo
Foudy
Moskal

I am sure Sarnia will not leave some of their talented players home.

Kyrou is at the WJC camp so i guess both teams are missing their best player.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Timpano would make a good 3rd goalie behind Raaymakers and Kooy

I think the same as you do about Timpano and hoping someone other then Knights picks him up.

With that said, after all he did oust the Knights last spring and he is the OHL league and playoffs reigning goaltender champ!

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I think the same as you do about Timpano and hoping someone other then Knights picks him up.

With that said, after all he did oust the Knights last spring and he is the OHL league and playoffs reigning goaltender champ!

If not for Eries BUG, London wins that series. Every game he came into he saved them from Timpanos poor play. He let London stay in the series ;)

Reactions: TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I saw it as Erie winning IN SPITE OF Timpano in net.

I saw the same thing too and I know I can’t disagree but he still won and that’s what is bugging me. He still carried the trophy over his head except for the M cup

The Knights should have taken advantage of by bombarding him with lot more shots

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I saw the same thing too and I know I can’t disagree but he still won and that’s what is bugging me. He still carried the trophy over his head except for the M cup

The Knights should have taken advantage of by bombarding him with lot more shots

He got yanked more than once and the BUG saved the day, Timpano didnt "oust" the Knights lol
They did chase him on a few occassions.
Erie was the better team. Not sure how London could have bombarded him with more shots? ( the other teams try as well)
They (LK) played a great game plan, to a tee, as a big underdog and went to game 7 OT against the champs? Nothing more they could have been expected to do.
They made it a next goal wins it all, against a big favourite.
Not many 4 seeds go all the way if you look back thru the western conf PO history. 10 yrs plus

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
He got yanked more than once and the BUG saved the day, Timpano didnt "oust" the Knights lol
They did chase him on a few occassions.
Erie was the better team. Not sure how London could have bombarded him with more shots? ( the other teams try as well)
They (LK) played a great game plan, to a tee, as a big underdog and went to game 7 OT against the champs? Nothing more they could have been expected to do.
They made it a next goal wins it all, against a big favourite.
Not many 4 seeds go all the way if you look back thru the western conf PO history. 10 yrs plus

Oh I am not taking anything away from the Knights efforts they were very close to moving on against Erie, I just wanted to add to it. They knew all about Erie's weakness in goal and yet did not take full advantage of the situation while half the team's offense went into hiding for the payoffs their stats shows. That's where you find the shots missing for that series from these players that were scoring at will during the season. Send the puck on net you never know what will happen but if you don't the puck has little chance to go in, that is how Erie scored their fist goal Tuesday night, and even Parsons did let some solt ones go by him at times as well.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Question:
In your opinion, what have been the best trades by the London Knights?
There are several that come to mind.
Aaron Berisha.
Joseph Raaymakers

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Question:
In your opinion, what have been the best trades by the London Knights?
There are several that come to mind.
Aaron Berisha.
Joseph Raaymakers

This only my personal view;

To me the most impact one would have to be the coming on board of Jacob Graves
The most important one had to be Austin Whatson playing with the Rupper twins
And the most memorable strike of genious by Mark Hunter tied with two acquisitions: from Sarnia Danny Fretche and Drew Larman and from Guelph Adam Dennis and Daniel Girardi

The trade that brought in Dennis Maruk and Terry Martin was also a great deal, it finally changed the Knights' perception from goons to finesses and the following up preparation for the 1977 and 1978 big playoffs runs, although both had graduated by then they put the Knights on a defferent path from that period of time on . IMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
t9w6tuKF_bigger.jpg
OHL Prospects‏ @BrockOtten 22h22 hours ago

If Victor Mete returns to London after the WJC's, do the Knights turn around and
surprise everyone by acquiring every single trade chip at the deadline like last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad