London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
For those of you who don't know me personally, you also don't know a fellow poster here on this forum is my father.

fansince65

Pops lost his fight this morning after a battle in which he never quit, scrapping right till the final whistle. Forever my Wingman. My father introduced me to the Knights at the ripe old age of 2 and was always by my side for EVERY Knights game until his diminishing health kept him from seeing "his boys" live in recent years. Pops will always be in the hearts of the many posters on this forum that he knew personally. Full of piss and vinegar he always called 'em as he saw 'em, a trait he passed on to me from a very young age. Section 309 Row A will miss his wit and humour.

RIP Pops

126bp6v.jpg
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family PP

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Don't you worry any Ferda11, just having some fun here on our site as we haven't had much to cheer about this year yet. Have a great season !

lol, but you’ve had plenty to cheer about in years past!!

PP31, my condolences. Sounded like a great hockey fan. Cheers.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
For those of you who don't know me personally, you also don't know a fellow poster here on this forum is my father.

fansince65

Pops lost his fight this morning after a battle in which he never quit, scrapping right till the final whistle. Forever my Wingman. My father introduced me to the Knights at the ripe old age of 2 and was always by my side for EVERY Knights game until his diminishing health kept him from seeing "his boys" live in recent years. Pops will always be in the hearts of the many posters on this forum that he knew personally. Full of piss and vinegar he always called 'em as he saw 'em, a trait he passed on to me from a very young age. Section 309 Row A will miss his wit and humour.

RIP Pops

126bp6v.jpg

I'm very sorry for your loss PP. He will be cheering from the great seats from above.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
PP It sadden me to read about you precious loss fansince65(your father), please accept my full and sincere condolences

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
PP31 what a great story Thank You for sharing it with us. Thoughts are with you and your family sounds like you have lost quite an individual!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

fansince65

RIP Pops

126bp6v.jpg
PP31.............My sincere condolences to You and Your Family.
I enjoyed your Dad's post on this forum.
He had a true passion for hockey at the 'A' and 'B' Junior level.
It would've been fun to talk with him about Unger, Sittler, Maloney
and other National-Knights players in the past.
Prayers with You and Your Family.
Peace,
Z.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Very sorry to hear of the passing of your dad, fansince65. I always enjoyed hearing his hockey recollections, and he had plenty of them.
Sincere condolances on your loss PP31

member 71782

PP31

I've only had the chance to meet you and a couple of other London posters one time, I believe first time London came to the WFCU.

My condolences to you and your family.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

fansince65

RIP Pops

126bp6v.jpg

I had the pleasure (honour really) of knowing Ernie, and this news is devastating. He shared so many Knights stories with me that I'll never forget. I enjoyed our road trips. Phlyer, my condolences to you and your family. You were quite fortunate to call Ernie your dad.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006

fansince65

RIP Pops

126bp6v.jpg

My condolences, he was a wealth of knowledge and will be missed!

three dog night

May 3, 2014

fansince65

RIP Pops

126bp6v.jpg

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

fansince65

RIP Pops

126bp6v.jpg
So sorry for your loss. My condolences

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I can't amagine your grief but I know he has gone to a great place. Nothing but my deepest condolences PP31.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
PP31- sincere condolences. There are many parallels between the relationship between you and your father and me and mine. Especially regarding hockey and the love of junior hockey. I'm a hockey/Rangers fan because of him and I think that's huge. He passed this year too. Every time I walk into the Aud he's on my mind. That's s good thing.

Christmas in Heaven.
"What do they do? They come down to earth to spend time with you. So save them a seat just one empty chair. You may not see them but they will be there."

Here's a nice message going into the holidays. This will be my first Christmas without my Dad too and he will be missed. I think the above will help in some way. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Reactions: Knights2729

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Sorry to hear about your dad Phlyer. I met you guys once at the Gold Cup in Kitchener a few years back. I can't remember his handle on the other forum but you are right to say he always told it like it was and never wavered. You guys have always been great posters and dedicated Knight fans. He will be missed.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Not sure what to make of this deal....will Sudbury now flip him elsewhere? :sarcasm:

Sudbury Wolves have acquired F Kirill Nizhnikov from Barrie Colts for two second-round picks (2021, 2023), one third (2018), one fifth (2019)

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Calgary vs Montreal Tonight
Victor Mete............looks like he's not in Canadiens line-up.

zTG8a7qg_bigger.jpg
John Lu ✔ @JohnLuTSNMtl

#Habs
Jerabek draws in,
Mete is out.
Jerabek will start the game partnering with Schlemko

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Friday Night Game:
Dale Hunter & Knight's Alumni
Peterborough vs London

7QFKn9VJ_bigger.jpg
London Knights‏Verified account @GoLondonKnights 39m

Make sure to be here tomorrow as we'll be hearing from some Knights alumni as a part of a pre-game ceremony to honour Coach Dale Hunter's 700th career win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad