London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
sounds like Dec 19th is when we will see if there is a chance of Mete coming back as that's when the NHL roster freeze is as per Bob McKenzie Mete will need to be released by then to play for team Canada

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
sounds like Dec 19th is when we will see if there is a chance of Mete coming back as that's when the NHL roster freeze is as per Bob McKenzie Mete will need to be released by then to play for team Canada
Shea Weber is injured; chances becoming less likely of Mete moving

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Weber has a season ending injury??? You need to fact check before you comment as Weber returned from injury Dec 2nd vs Detroit he had 1 assist

Last 5 games

[TR][TH]OpponentDateG A P +/- PIM PPG SHG S Shifts TOI
DET DEC 2 0 1 1 2 0 0 0 1 27 22:24
TOR NOV 18 0 0 0 -3 6 0 0 5 28 21:09
ARI NOV 16 1 0 1 1 4 0 0 4 31 27:25
CBJ NOV 14 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 32 24:25
BUF NOV 11 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 33 28:22
[TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY][/TH][/TR][/TBODY]
[TBODY][TR][TH][/TH][/TR][/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Weber was at Practise yesterday.........ready to play against St. Louis.

5xe4GxhW_bigger.jpg
Eric Engels‏Verified account @EricEngels
6h6 hours ago

Shea Weber going into tomorrow's game vs. Blues
sitting on 499 career points.

zTG8a7qg_bigger.jpg
John Lu‏Verified account @JohnLuTSNMtl
18h18 hours ago

#Habs practice (Petry skipped practice for maintenance):
Pacioretty - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - De La Rose - Byron
Deslauriers - Froese - Carr

Benn - Weber
Alzner - Morrow
Mete - Schlemko

Price Niemi

Reactions: TheCoach

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Weber has a season ending injury??? You need to fact check before you comment as Weber returned from injury Dec 2nd vs Detroit he had 1 assist

Last 5 games

OpponentDateG A P +/- PIM PPG SHG S Shifts TOI
DET DEC 2 0 1 1 2 0 0 0 1 27 22:24
TOR NOV 18 0 0 0 -3 6 0 0 5 28 21:09
ARI NOV 16 1 0 1 1 4 0 0 4 31 27:25
CBJ NOV 14 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 32 24:25
BUF NOV 11 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 33 28:22
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
uh, where does it say "season ending injury"? post says Weber is injured. period.

Reactions: WKBCFAN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Max Jones:
Invited to Team USA for World Junior Championship

Ryan Pyette: LFP
The Knights power forward was named to USA Hockey’s 28-man preliminary roster for the tournament in Buffalo and will attend the team’s selection camp starting Dec. 15 in Columbus, Ohio.
Jones and Windsor’s Logan Brown — both Memorial Cup champions — are the only OHLers among the 15 forwards vying for a spot on the defending champion’s 23-man final squad. That decision is expected Dec.23.
Jones, a 19-year-old Anaheim Ducks first-rounder, has scored 14 times in 21 games with London this season.
“He’s played very well for us and scored a lot of big goals,”
Knights GM Rob Simpson said.
“At (USA Hockey’s) summer camp, he got hurt (blocking a shot) and didn’t play for them the last game, but when he did play, he was a factor.”
The Canadian selection camp roster will be revealed Wednesday. Knights captain Robert Thomas, a St. Louis Blues first-rounder, and fellow forward Alex Formenton, who started the season with the Ottawa Senators, are frontrunners to earn invites.
Fellow Knights Cliff Pu and Evan Bouchard are also being considered for camp spots.
Brady Tkachuk, younger brother of ex-Knight Matthew and a former draft pick of the Knights, was also named to the USA preliminary roster. He’s a freshman forward at Boston University.
“It’s nice when you see players go play for their country, are able to medal and have an impact with their teams,” Simpson said.
“Hopefully, Max has that chance.”
Jones was a standout on the U.S. under-17 team before joining the Knights in 2015. Despite his aggressive style, he only has 24 penalty minutes this season.
“If you look at his past 10 games — maybe more than that — he’s been very disciplined and able to adapt and play within himself,” Simpson said.
“That speaks volumes to him being open and thinking about where he’s been penalized and making changes to adjust to that. Any time he’s on the ice more than he’s in the box, that’s a big plus for any team with him on it.”
Jones has shot at U.S. team

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I watched the entire Habs game against the Blus and Mete struggled quite a bit.

Bergevin is truly incompetent if he stays up there.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
uh, where does it say "season ending injury"? post says Weber is injured. period.
you missed the sarcasm obviously lol first you claimed Weber was currently injured that was incorrect. Second you made it sound like Weber is injured so mete wont move. but yet there is still 14 days till a decision is needed next time do your fact checking it will go a long way

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
you missed the sarcasm obviously lol first you claimed Weber was currently injured that was incorrect. Second you made it sound like Weber is injured so mete wont move. but yet there is still 14 days till a decision is needed next time do your fact checking it will go a long way
nice try; you totally missed the point; reading comprehension is important.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
nice try; you totally missed the point; reading comprehension is important.
really you just don't get it let me spell it out for you
the fact BEING Weber wasn't injured. So yes please go do some research before you try and act like you know what you're talking about being factually correct is important.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Every year I hope the 9000+ Fans that show up for the teddy bear toss game can generate 12,000 or more bears. Every year much like some on here that I know get frustrated by bringing bags full 50, 60, 70 stuffed critters and by the end of the night we've barely broke the 1 stuffed critter per person barrier.

I'm not sure on the attendence last night in Kitchener but sell out is 6200 and the lone hilite I saw last night didn't look to have a sellout but they managed to donate almost 11 thousand bears last night.

Its something that grinds my gears every year and it shouldn't be that hard for Knights fans to get 14000. Just me wanting to see the less fortunate kids with a smile a Christmas.

Reactions: icepups

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Every year I hope the 9000+ Fans that show up for the teddy bear toss game can generate 12,000 or more bears. Every year much like some on here that I know get frustrated by bringing bags full 50, 60, 70 stuffed critters and by the end of the night we've barely broke the 1 stuffed critter per person barrier.

I'm not sure on the attendence last night in Kitchener but sell out is 6200 and the lone hilite I saw last night didn't look to have a sellout but they managed to donate almost 11 thousand bears last night.

Its something that grinds my gears every year and it shouldn't be that hard for Knights fans to get 14000. Just me wanting to see the less fortunate kids with a smile a Christmas.
Not that it matters but the Aud was packed last night. A sell out is over 7000. I think the game sheet says 7132. Teddy Bears are the only thing we can beat the Knights at. Take that away we got nothing:eek:
Would be great though to see the Knights beat our number. Goes to a great cause.:)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

You(we) don't HAVE TO give or bring TBs to the rink, give for the spirit, the needs and for the means . Not for the bragging rights , at the beginning it was bring in that extra stuff annimal you had laying around at home, then it was buy an extra one for the toss while at the store, now it's two or more. WE (wife and I) always bring two each every year since the 2007-8 season before that it was one each or one from both of us, Please give from the heart not for the size(s) , if you know what mean. Give by what you can, if you can't then you can't but do not judge, because it's not what this is all about .

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
You(we) don't HAVE TO give or bring TBs to the rink, give for the spirit, the needs and for the means . Not for the bragging rights , at the beginning it was bring in that extra stuff annimal you had laying around at home, then it was buy an extra one for the toss while at the store, now it's two or more. WE (wife and I) always bring two each every year since the 2007-8 season before that it was one each or one from both of us, Please give from the heart not for the size(s) , if you know what mean. Give by what you can, if you can't then you can't but do not judge, because it's not what this is all about .

It's the people that wonder around with multiple beers not bears that bother me. Those people get 1 bear and we get to 12000 bears. Look at Edmonton and Calrgary they're into the high teens and low 20 thousands with their nights. It's about giving to the less fortunate and going to the dollar and spending 5 bucks isn't a big deal.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
It's the people that wonder around with multiple beers not bears that bother me. Those people get 1 bear and we get to 12000 bears. Look at Edmonton and Calrgary they're into the high teens and low 20 thousands with their nights. It's about giving to the less fortunate and going to the dollar and spending 5 bucks isn't a big deal.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
It is a little disappointing to see fairly affluent people enter the Bud with their $25 tickets, without a stuffed animal, and head straight to the $10 beer vendors. It’s all about the kids. Some people don’t get it.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
To be honest their are many needs at christmas and thru the year that outweigh a stuff toy.
Yes i always give multi bears snd also work closely with many org providing help in many different ways.
It stopped bugging me a while back.
I get its frustratimg for some thou

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I don't even like children...I'm allergic to them. But, I still toss bears onto the ice. Why? Just because it's cool to attend a hockey game, and watch 9000 bears sail through the air and land on the ice as part of a goal celebration. I keep telling you--it's the spectacle!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Who will step up in the absence of Jones and likely Thomas, Formenton/Pu

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Robbie Thomas and Alex Formenton:
Invited to Team Canada U20 Selection Camp.
32 Players invited to Camp which starts on Monday, December 11th.
December 20th:
Team Canada vs Czech Republic Game in London-Pre-WJC.

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad