London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
November 15, 2017
139 CHL Players on November ‘Players to Watch’ List for 2018 NHL Draft

NHL Draft
139 players from the Canadian Hockey League were listed among NHL Central Scouting’s November ‘Players to Watch’ list for the 2018 NHL Draft which takes place June 22-23 in Dallas, TX.
The 139 players includes 65 from the Ontario Hockey League, 38 from the Western Hockey League, and 36 from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
16 skaters received an ‘A rating’ which indicates a first round candidate.
25 skaters and four goaltenders received a ‘B rating’ which indicates second/third round candidates while 82 skaters and 12 goaltenders received a ‘C rating’ which indicates fourth/fifth/sixth round candidates.
London Knights:
A...........Evan Bouchard
B...........Liam Foudy
B...........Alex Regula
C...........Billy Moskal
C...........Josh Nelson
139 CHL Players on November ‘Players to Watch’ List for 2018 NHL Draft – CHL

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
How is Foudy even considered a 'B' prospect? I mean his potential is there, but I wouldnt say he has proven to be a 'B' prospect this season.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
How is Foudy even considered a 'B' prospect? I mean his potential is there, but I wouldnt say he has proven to be a 'B' prospect this season.

Maybe the fact he was pick by the Knights, the team that is sending the most CHL players to the NHL might of have something to do with his ranking or possible potential !

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe the fact he was pick by the Knights, the team that is sending the most CHL players to the NHL might of have something to do with his ranking or possible potential !
I wasnt trying to be negative. We obviously have the pedigree so everyone is looking at our players

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
That is probably why. There are several examples of Knights players that have been drafted with few points due to a deep roster and have turned out to be good picks (Elie, Dvorak, Tierney, Pu to name a few)

However in the case of Foudy he's not getting held down because of a deep roster. He just hasn't earned top 6 time because he isn't good enough yet.

Reactions: webegtodiffer

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Liam Foudy: 'B Rated Player' from CHL 2018 Draft List.
Liam Foudy deserves to be rated this high.
He's an excellent athlete with a good pedigree through his Mom and Dad.
Dale hasn't played Foudy much this season.
His stats do not fairly reflect how good a player Foudy is for the Knights.
imho, Foudy will get better and better as his playing time increases which will
help his confidence on the ice.
Dale is giving him more and more responsibility as the season rolls on.
Foudy is approximately 50% on Face-Offs Won.
I was speaking with a 'knowledgeable hockey guy' yesterday.
He was at the Saginaw game on Friday.
We discussed many of the Knights players including Liam Foudy.
He likes Foudy's speed and skill and can see why he's regarded highly for the
2018 NHL Draft.
The Windsor Announcers also mentioned Foudy's name during Sunday's game saying
that he reminded them of a 'younger Alex Formenton.'
Youtube Interview with Basil after the Knights drafted Liam Foudy in the 1st Round:

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
November 20, 2017
Cliff Pu: OHL ‘On the Run’ Player of the Week:

Toronto, ON – The Ontario Hockey League today announced that Buffalo Sabres prospect Cliff Pu of the London Knights is the OHL ‘On the Run’ Player of the Week for the week ending November 19 after leading the league with 12 points in four games scoring four goals and eight assists with a plus-minus rating of plus-6.
Pu recorded four multi-point performances last week helping the Knights win three straight games to improve their record to 10-10-2-0 where they rank seventh in the Western Conference standings. After collecting two assists despite a 4-2 loss to the Kitchener Rangers on Tuesday, Pu delivered a career-high four points on Thursday with a goal and three assists earning second star honours in a 7-4 win over the Guelph Storm. Pu was also named second star of both weekend wins for the Knights including Friday with a goal and two assists in a 4-3 overtime triumph against the Saginaw Spirit, and Sunday with two goals and one assist contributing to a 4-0 victory over the Windsor Spitfires. Pu’s eventful week also included the CIBC Canada Russia Series where he helped Team OHL to a 4-2 victory on Monday night in Sudbury.
OHL ‘On the Run’ Player of the Week: Cliff Pu – Ontario Hockey League

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I know this won’t be a popular idea, but what are the thoughts about acquiring a Brown/Day package from Windsor if they decide to sell?
Day would be the LH puck moving Dman they need. Brown could the top 6 forward they’re missing. Brown and Tkachuk are buddies from their St Louis /US hockey days so that might help bring Tkachuk here if they play together over the holidays. It would be worth it just in that regard.

Tkachuk Brown Pu
Formenton Thomas Jones
Nelson Rollo Miletic
Whoever else on the 4th line

I’m assuming Rowe and Foudy would have to go in that deal.

The D would probably need one more addition. Maybe they could convince Jeff Brown to come coach the D? Lol

Reactions: TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I know this won’t be a popular idea, but what are the thoughts about acquiring a Brown/Day package from Windsor if they decide to sell?
Day would be the LH puck moving Dman they need. Brown could the top 6 forward they’re missing. Brown and Tkachuk are buddies from their St Louis /US hockey days so that might help bring Tkachuk here if they play together over the holidays. It would be worth it just in that regard.

Tkachuk Brown Pu
Formenton Thomas Jones
Nelson Rollo Miletic

The D would probably need one more addition. Maybe they could convince Jeff Brown to come coach the D? Lol

I don’t mind a deal to see Day and Brown in London. I do mind losing both Foudy and Rowe, maybe one of them but not both. And I don’t see Brown pushing Thomas off the first line and it would also be most unfair to have your most productive scorer on the team a year ago being put on a third line this season !

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I don’t mind a deal to see Day and Brown in London. I do mind losing both Foudy and Rowe, maybe one of them but not both. And I don’t see Brown pushing Thomas off the first line and it would also be most unfair to have your most productive scorer on the team a year ago being put on a third line this season !
It would be more like 1A 1 B if you can roll lines its fine wont see much difference not like hes going from first line to the third line

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It would be more like 1A 1 B if you can roll lines its fine wont see much difference not like hes going from first line to the third line

It’s not just about how much of a difference between line one and line two, it’s who do you play against their best. Who is best playing both side of the puck and who’s your best centreman. Brown has been on fire since his return playing good minutes but his Spitfires have not been as hot during that same time!
- I think there is a reason for this to be happening . IMHO !!!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Tkachuk Brown Pu
Formenton Thomas Jones
Nelson Rollo Miletic

Id flip Thomas n Brown.
Pu n Thomas have found a great deal of chemistry.
Miletic, Jones n Formenton could all play 2nd/3rd line depending who fits with who after a trial period.

I cant see many avail Cs in tbe O that would bump Thomas as the go to guy for LK in big situations. He just does so much well.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Id flip Thomas n Brown.
Pu n Thomas have found a great deal of chemistry.
Miletic, Jones n Formenton could all play 2nd/3rd line depending who fits with who after a trial period.

I cant see many avail Cs in tbe O that would bump Thomas as the go to guy for LK in big situations. He just does so much well.

Nobody could except maybe Suzuki.

Him, Thomas and Kyrou are the 3 best F in the league imo

Maybe Vilardi when he's healthy

Reactions: LDN

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Nobody could except maybe Suzuki.

Him, Thomas and Kyrou are the 3 best F in the league imo

Maybe Vilardi when he's healthy

The way DH feels about Thomas, and his overall game, those 2 would take a back seat to Thomas at C.
But Id love both on on squad....just not going to happen this year.
Thomas has DH's trust, worked his way past more than few top end guys over the last 2 years, and he has loved his game since MinMidget. Hofford for a couple years before that, (i think LK misses that connection as much as any)
Dale is loyal for one, and IMO all 3 are solid players but Ive seen Suzuki n Thomas far more than Kyrou. And Thomas is the go to C imo. Suzuki can ride shotgun on wing thou ;)
But no way either is avail. Thats why I said avail Cs :)

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The way DH feels about Thomas, and his overall game, those 2 wpuld take a back seat to Thomas at C.
But Id love both on on squad....just not going to happen.
Thomas has DH trust, worked his way past more than few top end guys over the last 2 years, and he has lived his game since MM. Hofford for a couple years before that.
Dale is loyal for one, and IMO all 3 are solid players but Ive seen Suzuki n Tjomas far more than Thomas. And Thomas is the go to C. Suzuki can ride shotgun thou ;)
But no way either is avail. Thats why I said avail Cs :)

- You are contradicting yourself again ! Just kidding !

- You are exactely right, good post. I really liked Dvorak’s work ethic but I am starting to like Thomas even more. Credit goes to DH, he was not wrong about him !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad