London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino200022

He's no first line player on the now Knights roster, not unless they have a big sell out sale !

But right now they have been floating - Tymkin, Cottam, Moskal,Carbo,Rollo with the first line so your telling me those guys are 1st line material then. Nelson is hands down your best option if you want to keep the pairs of Pu-Jones and Thomas-Formenton together and I don`t even think it is close at this point.

Reactions: zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Carbonara is the only one from your list Dino, Id even consider in the top 6 over Nelson but Id give Nelson the chance as well.
Agreed.
Is he a legot top 6 on a top 2/3 team, probly not. But at this point that isnt the case here.
Sends a message to the team. Hard work pays off.
Moskal, Foudy, Rollo, Cottam havent moved the needle for me so far. Foudy can skate but needs to improve on the other aspects. The rest I dont see much more than bottom 1/2 filler.

dino200022

Carbonara is the only one from your list Dino, Id even consider in the top 6 over Nelson but Id give Nelson the chance as well.
Agreed.
Is he a legot top 6 on a top 2/3 team, probly not. But at this point that isnt the case here.
Sends a message to the team. Hard work pays off.
Moskal, Foudy, Rollo, Cottam havent moved the needle for me so far. Foudy can skate but needs to improve on the other aspects. The rest I dont see much more than bottom 1/2 filler.

Would have to agree...if Carbo can play the way most of us know he can, kid can score 20 to 25 and be a PPG guy or just shy of that while adding in a nice physical game. Hard to score and contribute when you are sitting in the sin bin because you are hot headed.

Foudy - expected him to make a solid leap this year like Tierney did after his rookie campaign. But have not seen anything more from him this year then we saw last year. Still weak on the puck and makes bad decisions

Moskal - seems to be 1 step behind in everything, footspeed, hockey sense, physicality..has potential but is going to have to work on getting up to speed.

Cottam - have seen flashes from him offensively, quick hard release, solid on the wall, good on the cycle. Gets lost in the D zone far to often and is out of position when it is breakout time.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I have a friend in the Habs organization
i dont know y knights traded number #1 tender for a #2 tender .
Johnson a #1 tender? In Jr B maybe. He is no #1 in the ohl on any team. And you obviously never saw Raaymaker play at the bud against the Knights. He owned us. And now, playing close to home he will get to play a lot more games at a rink he clearly enjoys. Time will tell, but I believe you’re wrong to discount Raaymaker.

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
I have a friend in the Habs organization

Johnson a #1 tender? In Jr B maybe. He is no #1 in the ohl on any team. And you obviously never saw Raaymaker play at the bud against the Knights. He owned us. And now, playing close to home he will get to play a lot more games at a rink he clearly enjoys. Time will tell, but I believe you’re wrong to discount Raaymaker.
not singing to much taa taa rrrrite that was awsome lately.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
But right now they have been floating - Tymkin, Cottam, Moskal,Carbo,Rollo with the first line so your telling me those guys are 1st line material then. Nelson is hands down your best option if you want to keep the pairs of Pu-Jones and Thomas-Formenton together and I don`t even think it is close at this point.

Nop ! I have'nt told you no such thing , it's self made up , Nelson is no first line player any more then the ones listed above in your post , they tried to shake things up by periodically using deferent players, none was to be permanent !!!

Don't get me wrong, I really like Nelson and have noticed the efforts you saw in him, I am as sure as you he can and he will likely be a top six forward one day in this league. There are so many other parts to the game then just producing offensively, despite his good showing he's not there yet.

dino200022

Nop ! I have'nt told you no such thing , it's self made up , Nelson is no first line player any more then the ones listed above in your post , they tried to shake things up by periodically using deferent players, none was to be permanent !!!

Don't get me wrong, I really like Nelson and have noticed the efforts you saw in him, I am as sure as you he can and he will likely be a top six forward one day in this league. There are so many other parts to the game then just producing offensively, despite his good showing he's not there yet.

Is he a top 6 guy, maybe not. Has he earned the chance to show that maybe he is, quite possibly yes. Is he a better option then the others that have actually gotten a chance, I would say absolutely not even in question. But once again you have failed to give me a better solution making your point moot at this present time.

If Nelson is not the answer and he is never given a shot (one shift with those two the last 3 games), then what is your solution? Clearly there mish mashing of medicore bottom 6 guys is most certainly not working nor the correct answer.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Sad news out of Windsor,Spits dman and former London Knight Tyler Nother posted on his Instagram,that he is walking away from the game, suffered a concussion in an exhibition game at Sarnia,test results convinced him to this decision.Tough to see at age 19, great kid,he will be missed.
Thanks for letting us know. Yes, disappointing news indeed. Wish him the best moving forward.

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
I gave up hope before the season started. Althou I didnt get the info direct as with Roslovic preseason last year, it had the same feel once he arrived here. Just too good for the O despite being a late NHL pick. Kid earned a pro spot.

Funny how the import draft worked out. LK first choice got scooped, they grabbed another teams choice in Bratt, just didnt work out. Always a crap shoot when ya start reaching in the import draft.

Who was London's 1st choice? Keep hearing this.

Liljegren wasn't coming to London either.

Reactions: webegtodiffer

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Most of us fans tend to draw our interest on the offensive side of the game that truely excites us all ! Watching the puck going in the opponent's net give us more of a rush and is more rewarding than watching it being prevented from entering in your own net. We tend to emphasize our attention on the offense more than on the defensive side and yet both are critically as important in a hockey game, you score more goals you win or you prevent the opposition from scoring more you win again. But here's the thing, when we(fans) analize our favorite team and players we are generally speaking about offense and leaving out the defence.

I was fortunate to watch Bobby Orr play the game back in his days, best defenceman there ever was, why, because he was the only ever defenceman to win the NHL scoring title and yet it was not for his defensive plays. I don't want to take anything away from Bobby Orr's talent, would he have acchieved his success if not for all the defensive players that backed him up while he was rushing up the ice, players like DON AWRY, GARY DOAK, DALLAS SMTH, GERRY CHEEVERS and etc.

The Knights did not scored enough goals to win the games they lost since the start, or have not prevented their opponents from scoring more goals in all those games. If all players understand each roles on the team, they won't need super stars to win them games, not every players can be on the first line and not every players can wear goalie pads. It is just as important to prevent goals as it is to score them to win a game, and should also be for all of us armchair hockey analysis and fans ! The Knights will be alright once everyone takes to their role established by Dale Hunter and his team, if not they will replace the faulty pieces !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MadMax

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Most of us fans tend to draw our interest on the offensive side of the game that truely excites us all ! Watching the puck going in the opponent's net give us more of a rush and is more rewarding than watching it being prevented from entering in your own net. We tend to emphasize our attention on the offense more than on the defensive side and yet both are critically as important in a hockey game, you score more goals you win or you prevent the opposition from scoring more you win again. But here's the thing, when we(fans) analize our favorite team and players we are generally speaking about offense and leaving out the defence.

I was fortunate to watch Bobby Orr play the game back in his days, best defenceman there ever was, why, because he was the only ever defenceman to win the NHL scoring title and yet it was not for his defensive plays. I don't want to take anything away from Bobby Orr's talent, would he have acchieved his success if not for all the defensive players that backed him up while he was rushing up the ice, players like DON AWRY, GARY DOAK, DALLAS SMTH, GERRY CHEEVERS and etc.

The Knights did not scored enough goals to win the games they lost since the start, or have not prevented their opponents from scoring more goals in all those games. If all players understand each roles on the team, they won't need super stars to win them games, not every players can be on the first line and not every players can wear goalie pads. It is just as important to prevent goals as it is to score them to win a game, and should also be for all of us armchair hockey analysis and fans ! The Knights will be alright once everyone takes to their role established by Dale Hunter and his team, if not they will replace the faulty pieces !!!
Definitely a gem to watch.

Reactions: Fastpace

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Looks like a nice player! What would the price for him be?

For a former first rnd pick and a projected 4th end nhl pick the price would start at I think 3 2nds? Its a bit of a toss up because he is in the same boat as Bouchard, third year in the league but only 18. Hard to see where he will be in his draft plus 1 year. He could continue to improve and be a tour-de-force or plateau and stagnate.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Knights well represented at the Canada-RUS series with 4 players.

For all of Bouchard's shortcomings, it is pretty cool to see that Hockey Canada views him as one of the top 8 U20 Canadian defenseman in the league.

He definitely has the puck moving ability and skating to play at that level (WJC)...just not the D-zone ability yet

Reactions: dino200022

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Knights well represented at the Canada-RUS series with 4 players.

For all of Bouchard's shortcomings, it is pretty cool to see that Hockey Canada views him as one of the top 8 U20 Canadian defenseman in the league.

He definitely has the puck moving ability and skating to play at that level (WJC)...just not the D-zone ability yet

Place Bouchard amounts the elites and he is exactly what Hockey Canada has project him to be, a top 8 OHL defender. Place him amounts rookies on the Knights team he is exactly what the fans sees in him, an over worked defender with lots of offensive abilities !!!

Last edited:
Place Bouchard amounts the elites and he is exactly what Hockey Canada has project him to be, a top 8 OHL defender. Place him amounts rookies on the Knights team he is exactly what the fans sees in him, an over worked defender with lots of offensive abilities !!!
Bouchard is very effective when playing in his element. Unfortunately being called upon to lead a D group is not his element.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Too young to be the rooster among a bunch of chicks. Hopefully Collins can help right the ship and the chicks gain the experience. Nothing wrong with Tyler Johnson but hopefully with more experience in net with JR it will help to. Once this whole team gets settled and on the same page they should be fine going forward. Everybody is gripping the sticks too tight and not relaxed and enjoying the moment. Once they forget about the 1-8 record and start palying relaxed as a team they will be fine. They are close if the last 3 games are any indication.

dino200022

Too young to be the rooster among a bunch of chicks. Hopefully Collins can help right the ship and the chicks gain the experience. Nothing wrong with Tyler Johnson but hopefully with more experience in net with JR it will help to. Once this whole team gets settled and on the same page they should be fine going forward. Everybody is gripping the sticks too tight and not relaxed and enjoying the moment. Once they forget about the 1-8 record and start palying relaxed as a team they will be fine. They are close if the last 3 games are any indication.

There is no reason they could not be on a 3 or 4 game winning streak right now. They have played well enough to win these ones the last few weeks but have either been snake bitten or have made a bad mistake at the wrong or most costly time. Now having Formenton back it gives us more team speed especially through the neutral zone and it would not surprise me to see them reel off a nice little streak here. Just have to relax a bit and bury some biscuits. There young D is slowly getting better and I agree the addition of Collins will help these guys take a deep breath and take some important minutes off their hands they are just not quite ready for yet.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The good show of the last three outings coincides with Collins arrival, may not be the prefered outcomes but sure was an improvement to previous starts. The work is not complete although it's great to have Fomenton, Raaymakers and Collins put on the Knights uniforms it will give stability and we are a much better team now, but still the competition is very stiff. Many other teams have improved and I am thinking we still in need of more help on defense if we want to be better than middle of the pack team.

By making your defense stronger it will also improve your offence as you don't need to score as many to win. Your offence can relax a little more and not gripping the sticks as hard as they start enjoying the game again, we all know with fun the goals will come easier and in bunches !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad