London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Sad news out of Windsor,Spits dman and former London Knight Tyler Nother posted on his Instagram,that he is walking away from the game, suffered a concussion in an exhibition game at Sarnia,test results convinced him to this decision.Tough to see at age 19, great kid,he will be missed.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
As a follow-up to the Nother story,his Instagram is private,but someone took a screenshot and posted it on the Windsor forum.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Sad news out of Windsor,Spits dman and former London Knight Tyler Nother posted on his Instagram,that he is walking away from the game, suffered a concussion in an exhibition game at Sarnia,test results convinced him to this decision.Tough to see at age 19, great kid,he will be missed.

Heard something last week.
Thats gotta be tough for the kid, but the right decision for him looking forward.

I think you will see this more n more in the future.

Reactions: zman77

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Awful news, hate to see that happen to anyone. wish him the best, hopefully he can use the scholarship to move forward with something he enjoys.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Sad to hear about Nother, wish him the best from this hard decision !

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Bratt played only played 11:18 tonight in a game that went to a shoot out he's cooled off a bit in the last few games. There is still a tiny bit of hope not much but more then there was a week ago:popcorn:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Bratt played only played 11:18 tonight in a game that went to a shoot out he's cooled off a bit in the last few games. There is still a tiny bit of hope not much but more then there was a week ago:popcorn:

I'm hearing he was great defensively in his minutes

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

I gave up hope before the season started. Althou I didnt get the info direct as with Roslovic preseason last year, it had the same feel once he arrived here. Just too good for the O despite being a late NHL pick. Kid earned a pro spot.

Funny how the import draft worked out. LK first choice got scooped, they grabbed another teams choice in Bratt, just didnt work out. Always a crap shoot when ya start reaching in the import draft.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
It’d be foolish not to....we have too many O/A’s...why sit one when we could benefit by sending one out for more assets. The longer the O/A plays with his new team the more value he has.

Good point.
Im not thinking Rollo thou (or Carbonara who I hope they keep)
Im guessing something else.
Youngin moved to free up space for rookie and/or resplenish a pick or two and another move to help for current lineup in form of a more established player.
Im hoping for both :)

Just pass the Spits before Christmas lol

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Victor Mete finally gets his first NHL point. Was looking like he might not get one before the 9 game mark which would have been more ideal for us.... but congrats Victor!

Reactions: TheCoach

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Victor Mete finally gets his first NHL point. Was looking like he might not get one before the 9 game mark which would have been more ideal for us.... but congrats Victor!

When he played the Leafs, he was good, but Montreal is not getting far with him on their top pairing. He should be back in London, but who knows.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Good point.
Im not thinking Rollo thou (or Carbonara who I hope they keep)
Im guessing something else.
Youngin moved to free up space for rookie and/or resplenish a pick or two and another move to help for current lineup in form of a more established player.
Im hoping for both :)

Just pass tbe Spits before Christmas lol

I think they keep 4 OA's unless someone gives up a lot for one or they feel a rookie is ready to step into the lineup full time. Right now, I do not think they have enough confidence in those guys. It'll be a Duhart/Rollo rotation combined with a Perrott/Fallowfield/Collins/Bangs rotation.

Nelson, Turko, Tymkin, McKinnon, Cottam and Fallowfield are available as far as I am concerned. Not all of them will be moved, but whoever can get something decent, I can see them gone in a heartbeat. London has internal talent to replace all of them, or will look to better external talent to replace some of the top 6ers they are losing. Can probably add Bangs or Coome to that list if Mete comes back as well.

2018/2019
Formenton-Thomas-Import
Whittaker-Foudy-OA
Duhart-Moskal-Rowe
OA-02' First Rounder-Pierce
Prospects

Golden-Bouchard
Import-Regula/Perrott
Whittaker-Perrott/Regula
Prospects

Raaymakers (OA)
Kooy

Prospects (2000/2001)
LW: Gruden, Harrison, Murray, Torrealba, Weight
C: Hill, Clark, Leishman, Krieger, Chartrand, Gerrie, Kress
RW: Gonsalves, Robertson, Anderson
LD: Beneteau, Smith, Krygier, Krygier, Vlasic, Fulop
RD: Skinner, Beck
G: Rowe, Say, Williams

+ Any FA's, depth guys not traded (Nelson, Turko, Tymkin, McKinnon, Cottam, Fallowfield, Bangs, Coome), 02' guys drafted, U18 guys drafted, and trades for depth, but London has enough depth where that's probably not necessary.

And of course, Formenton and Thomas may make the NHL next year which could be troublesome, so there's going to be an asterisk beside their names. Same with Bouchard if he's good enough. If that happens, London will probably go through a two-year rebuild unless guys like Foudy, Moskal, etc. really step up.

Reactions: Knights77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Raaymakers excited to be a London Knight
Ryan Pyette LFP:
Joseph Raaymakers has been a Knights killer in his OHL career.
He is already comfortable at Budweiser Gardens. The Knights are 0-4-1 at home this season, but Raaymakers owns a career 4-1 record in the rink as a visitor and also beat London three times at Essar Centre in the Sault.
“When I was in midget, I took a tour of everything in London and nothing gets better than the fans here watching you. I’m really excited to get started. This is a great organization.”
The Knights haven’t discussed if Raaymakers will be fit to start Friday in Kitchener. But in his mind, he’s an option.
“If they want me to play, I’ll be ready,” he said. “I’ve got another couple of days to practise and work hard and get the timing (down).”
Raaymakers hasn’t been sitting around while awaiting a new hockey address. He visited Barrie to work with his personal coach Dave Belitski, who also oversees new Knights teammate Jordan Kooy’s progress.

At home the last month, he was able to secure some dead ice to train thanks to former Knights sniper Seth Griffith, who introduced him to the head of the arenas in Chatham.
“Seth hooked me up before he left for Buffalo and it was very nice of him to do that,” Raaymakers said.
“The goal is playoffs,” the newly acquired goalie said after his first practice with the team Tuesday, “and I believe we can dig ourselves out of it. There are a lot of skilled players here and we’ll just look at the positive and move on.”
This is the third deals the Knights have made in the last two weeks, all made in an effort to improve on this lousy first month.
“It’d be no different if we were 8-1 right now,” Knights GM Rob Simpson said. “You’re always looking to improve and we’re confident with the group we have now in our dressing room. The last three games (two losses to Windsor and an overtime defeat to Owen Sound), we felt we played really well and could’ve taken a few of those games easily.”
The Knights believe the presence of Raaymakers and the return of speedy forward Alex Formenton from the Senators will help get London back on track.
“We’re looking to make some changes here to turn our team around and get us going in the right direction,” Simpson said. “Overall, from our forwards, D, to goaltending, we’re better than we’ve shown and we hope this trade helps change things.”
“We still have plenty of cards left too, even with Formenton back,” Simpson said.
http://www.lfpress.com/2017/10/17/k...ounds-hands-as-they-try-to-turn-season-around

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London

Mete regardless of points is Montreal second best Dman and they're only good puck mover. A point doesn't mean anything at this point when it comes to the 9 game mark. Advanced stats says he's the only Habs Dman that can move the puck effectively and he's the only Habs Dman that can skate faster then a snail.

dino200022

Maybe I am alone on this but one guy that I feel should be seeing far more ice time is Nelson. He creates a lot with his speed down the wings, thinks the game well, has a quick hard release and is not afraid to get his nose dirty on the wall. Yet he sees 3 shifts a period and not with any players of significance.

Jones-Pu-Nelson
Miletic-Thomas-Formenton
Rollo(Carbo)-Foudy-Tymkin
Whittaker-Turko-Cottam

Collins-Bouchard
Golden-Regula
Fallowfied-Coome(Bangs)(Perrot)

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Maybe I am alone on this but one guy that I feel should be seeing far more ice time is Nelson. He creates a lot with his speed down the wings, thinks the game well, has a quick hard release and is not afraid to get his nose dirty on the wall. Yet he sees 3 shifts a period and not with any players of significance.

Jones-Pu-Nelson
Miletic-Thomas-Formenton
Whittaker-Turko-Cottam

Collins-Bouchard
Golden-Regula

I'm in full agreement with this. You've gotta reward those showing performance, over those who are not. Nelson has been one of the few who've contributed offensively, while some 2nd year players have stayed invisible. Ice time should be earned through effort....not reputation.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Jones-Pu-Nelson
Miletic-Thomas-Formenton
Whittaker-Turko-Cottam

Collins-Bouchard
Golden-Regula

Nelson ! - Is that you ???;)

From more ice time to first line duty, you are aware the Knights are trying to dig themselves out of trouble , not digging further into the one , Right !!!

Oh he's very exciting to watch with his speed and hard work but is he first line material, I think as you say in your post " am I alone " you might just be !!!

dino200022

Nelson ! - Is that you ???;)

From more ice time to first line duty, you are aware the Knights are trying to dig themselves out of trouble , not digging further into the one , Right !!!

Oh he's very exciting to watch with his speed and hard work but is he first line material, I think as you say in your post " am I alone " you might just be !!!

Is it any worse then them playing Cottam ,Tymkin, Whittaker with Pu or Jones like they have been the last little while I think not..

At worst u can move Formenton up on that top line and move Nelson back to the number 2 hole...but he has earned himself far more then 3rd and 4th line minutes IMO

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I'm in full agreement with this. You've gotta reward those showing performance, over those who are not. Nelson has been one of the few who've contributed offensively, while some 2nd year players have stayed invisible. Ice time should be earned through effort....not reputation.

He's no first line player on the now Knights roster, not unless they have a big sell out sale !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad