London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Complete lack of class from Dale Hunter and the London Knights in this game. Intentionally attempting to injure players on multiple occasions is not acceptable in today's OHL.

Reactions: SSMHoundsFan

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Complete lack of class from Dale Hunter and the London Knights in this game. Intentionally attempting to injure players on multiple occasions is not acceptable in today's OHL.
Come on.....The Knights didnt/couldnt do that...our players are too small :P

Reactions: zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
5th place....Pretty good considering the 1-8-1 start and trading 4 of our top guns! Bring on the Attack!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Too bad Kingston lost. Knights will pick 14th overall.

Windsor must be feeling mixed about their win against Saginaw. Instead of picking 5th overall, they're picking 10th overall.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It was certainly a physical game, but "intentionally attempting to injure players on multiple occasions"? Plural? That certainly wasn't acknowledged by the Soo announcers with the exception of Bouchard's highstick on Timmins--that was admittedly intentional--not one of his finest moments. Tymkin's slashing penalties were deserved, but clearly wouldn't constitute an intent to injure.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Perrott is tough as nails

Soo-Knight Tilt:
Tim Gettinger is listed @ 6' 6" 218lbs.
Andrew Perrott is listed @ 6' 0" 200lbs.
Perrott is 16 years old and hammered Gettinger with some good shots.
Very tough kid with nice skill level!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Boys played their 3rd game in the 2.5 days.
The last game against a 'complete' Soo team who are #1 in the CHL.
The SH goal at the end of the 2nd period was a tough one to give away.
Up until that point it was anyone's game to win.
Like the character of this young team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Prime Сasual Dating - Genuine Females
Jul 25, 2015
Usa
6-3 loss for to the Greyhounds

Got to be proud of this group of young players, a tired bunch of 16-17 & 18 yr olds playing toes to toes against the well rested up country’s best 18- 19 & 20 yr olds. This is how you build winners by playing other winners, it was a tall order to beat Soo on the road playing three games in less then 46 hrs. This team is truly amazing and looks promising for the future, but wait, this year’s playoffs is not over yet. Who’s not looking forward to Owen Sound as the Knights are no quitters and very much looks ready to go too.

The first period Friday night at home is where they lost the fourth seed finish, I think it’s best this way as they have been playing really well at the Bayshore in Owen Sound this year, And we get to pick ahead of the attack in the draft as well.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Soo-Knight Tilt:
Tim Gettinger is listed @ 6' 6" 218lbs.
Andrew Perrott is listed @ 6' 0" 200lbs.
Perrott is 16 years old and hammered Gettinger with some good shots.
Very tough kid with nice skill level!
Very good tilt perrott got the quick start and got some shots inn but wants Tim got the fist going it was all Timmy for the rest.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
very entertaining game but i dislike when the refs have to get in the middle of the game, brutal calls both ways and lots of missed call all over for both teams. His would be am excellent series if they where to meet in the second round

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Post-game thoughts:
Overall, I was quite pleased with how the young Knights played--3rd game in 2 1/2 days. Bouchard played well, did everything he could to carry the team until he turned over the puck resulting in the shorthanded goal by Kopacka. That goal put the Astros up 4-3.
I felt Johnson's save off of Foudy was the turning point.
Love Perrott's toughness especially for a rookie; willing to take on Gettinger and acquitted himself nicely.
It will be a year or two, but the stars will align soon enough.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Very good tilt perrott got the quick start and got some shots inn but wants Tim got the fist going it was all Timmy for the rest.
Oh I think Perrott was still getting some shots in and still fighting back until the end, I just couldn't believe seeing big Gettinger fists pumping after the fight I guess it was for not being able to knock down a smaller sixteen yr old Perrott. Andrew Perrott is going to be the killer Beast of this league, I can just see NHL GMs all drooling up over this guy for the 2019's draft.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
very entertaining game but i dislike when the refs have to get in the middle of the game, brutal calls both ways and lots of missed call all over for both teams. His would be am excellent series if they where to meet in the second round

I agree, the refs overdone their authorities in this game and this is why it got out of hand in the third, the first 25mi of the game was fine until they started mocking it up with their needless callings. IMHO

Reactions: BehindSooNet

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
DYmTJaFXUAA_sE0.jpg

hopefully somebody has an ice pack for perrott. the guys face probably looks like Rollo's right now.

seriously, Perrott's face was so swollen in the hall after the game he was almost as ugly as Rollo! that guys face looks like a sharpeis butt.

Your posts were 15 minutes apart...and you went from an assumption of what his face looked like to actually viewing Perrott in the hallway after the game when he had been ejected and was already in the dressing room. That's some pretty thick BS

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I really think if Foudy scores on the two on one it is a different outcome. Somebody had better tell Tymkin to stop taking the stupid penalties. He is better then that for crying out loud and he puts the team back on their heels. The two hand slashes are not going to be missed and Stevie Wonder could call that elbow, What's the point taking 3 dumb penalties a game? Do they throw out the three fight rule for the playoffs?

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad