London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
We suck..... we suck....played a great first period... And then we go on the dreaded power play. Ouch!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Outshooting them 19-8 but it doesn't matter when your top guns have lost all confidence offensively.

Knights start reminds me of the Buffalo Sabres start to the season. All the core guys have seemingly forgot how to play.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
By the way Formenton scratched...again.

Since it worked so well last time, I predict he'll be here by next Friday.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
As harsh as we've been on them lately, if it wasn't for DiPietro the Knights probably take all 4 points. They played their best 2 games of the year these past two nights. Outshot them 39-11 and only had 1 more powerplay. Tough to take, and this team will almost certainly fall to 1-9 after Sunday (Owen Sound).

At least they were entertaining tonight.

Call me crazy but I think Regula may be the best defenceman on the team.

Reactions: LDN and Nabru

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
What has happened to Thomas????
Coughs up the puck that causes a short handed goal.
He has been horrible since returning from the Blues.

He is another I was talking about and I have been his biggest supporter over 2 years. That one PP last night he had at leadt 5/6.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Perhaps London should refuse power plays , these two goals really hurt bad tonight . Players has to move faster coming back out of the O zone , that's why Bouchard and Thomas were dragging their feet on that f irst Windsor goal at their D blue line waiting for the forwards to come back, they ended up coughing up the puck !!!

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
We're #1, we're #1, we're #1...
in the 2018 OHL priority selection!
"With the first pick in the 2018 entry draft, the London Knights are pleased to select...
Quinton Byfield!"

Edit: I will not be attending Sunday's game as I prefer to watch paint dry. 2 tickets available--PM if interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
London couldnt get it done against a weak squad in either game. Making us even weaker.
It is true, your tender is your best penalty killer.
Windsor didnt generate anything 5 on 5 or on PP and still outscored London.
That 2nd SH goal was brutal. Bouchard n Thomas butcher a 2 on 2, both laying on ice as a tap in goal was scored.
Thomas, Miletic, Bouchard, Pu, Jones ( later 2 were a little better today) Foudy all gotta step up and finish.
End of the day, posession n shots are nice but ya need to score.
5 SH against already this yeat? Did I hear that correctly? Can we just decline the PPs?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
"With the first pick in the 2018 entry draft, the London Knights are pleased to select...
Quinton Byfield!"

Edit: I will not be attending Sunday's game as I prefer to watch paint dry. 2 tickets available--PM if interested.

And for a follow up news ; Unfortunately the OHL Priotity first selection Quinton Byfield selected by London Knights last spring announced today he will not report to camp this fall citing his preference to College route !!!

At least this would be what the rest of the league fans would want to hear !

Reactions: webegtodiffer

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If the Knights are in sell mode come January, you have to seriously consider trading Thomas. It's a tough call, but Ottawa made the right call moving Konecny at age 18 as he graduated to the NHL at 19. Guelph missed the boat not trading Fabbri at 18 and that hurt them the following 2 years.
NOOO I disagree. Thomas has been one of the only guys who is a true playmaker. He makes stuff happen and he works hard. He isnt lazy and he's a leader. I know that we could get a ton for him, but we need to keep him to be an example....he's the type of player we need.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Quinton Byfield!"

LOL I got a good laugh out of this. So true!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Okay that was a good game. We had the shots, but we didn't score...We gotta get a bit more accurate. We need to start pushing harder earlier. We only really came on in the last 6 minutes of the game. Our Powerplay STINKS!!!! wow both Windsor goals on the penalty kill.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
NOOO I disagree. Thomas has been one of the only guys who is a true playmaker. He makes stuff happen and he works hard. He isnt lazy and he's a leader. I know that we could get a ton for him, but we need to keep him to be an example....he's the type of player we need.

Who's going to score goals for us in the 18-19 season? I'm personally not very high on Foudy or Rowe...I guess it's early with Rowe but I'm not a fan. So where will the offense come from? Whittaker? Nelson? Tymkin? Our 2018 1st? Besides Formenton (who might not even be back), there's nothing that we can be confident in.

They need young forwards that can lead the line offensively next year. Thomas isn't likely going to be back next year as Stastny is a UFA. Like Nabru said, Guelph missed the boat on Fabbri and Ottawa cashed in on Konecny. He's easily the most valuable asset we have right now.

I'd move him for a 2017 1st round player, picks and a bunch of conditional picks (in case he does return next year).

Pu, Thomas, Jones, Miletic should be enough to bring in several good young pieces. Then inevitably picking high in the import draft and OHL draft will also help.

I understand the importance of vet leadership and establishing winning culture...but it's not like we're winning right now anyways.

It's not the typical London Knights model as several others have alluded to, but when else has London been in a situation where the current team is underperforming and the future looks bleak?

Reactions: TheCoach

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Who's going to score goals for us in the 18-19 season? I'm personally not very high on Foudy or Rowe...I guess it's early with Rowe but I'm not a fan. So where will the offense come from? Whittaker? Nelson? Tymkin? Our 2018 1st? Besides Formenton (who might not even be back), there's nothing that we can be confident in.

They need young forwards that can lead the line offensively next year. Thomas isn't likely going to be back next year as Stastny is a UFA. Like Nabru said, Guelph missed the boat on Fabbri and Ottawa cashed in on Konecny. He's easily the most valuable asset we have right now.

I'd move him for a 2017 1st round player, picks and a bunch of conditional picks (in case he does return next year).

Pu, Thomas, Jones, Miletic should be enough to bring in several good young pieces. Then inevitably picking high in the import draft and OHL draft will also help.

I understand the importance of vet leadership and establishing winning culture...but it's not like we're winning right now anyways.

It's not the typical London Knights model as several others have alluded to, but when else has London been in a situation where the vets are underperforming and the young players are underwhelming?
I would almost do some lateral type of moves to shake things up. Like get rid of Jones and pick up a good young player and some picks, but also trade Rowe for a player like Raddysh, Foudy for an Import Defender. Get rid of Whittiker, Moskal and Carbs for picks and trade some picks for another D.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What happened to the knights finding a free agent or someone they drafted late....Like what has happened to the "Knights Factor"?

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Are the Knights too good at scouting OHL talent? Has there ever been a team that unexpectedly graduated so many NHL players?

Sarnia Sting Last Seaon Players That Moved On

Jacob Chychrun 18 -Arizona
Pavel Zacha 18 -New Jersey
Travis Konecny 18 -Philadelphia
Josh Jacobs 19- New Jersey
Charlie Graham 20 -Ryerson
Sam Studnika 20-St. FX
Matt Mistele 20-Ryerson

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
What happened to the knights finding a free agent or someone they drafted late....Like what has happened to the "Knights Factor"?

- That "Knights Factor" has left town, it's major influence is gone to Toronto and Columbus !!!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Sarnia Sting Last Seaon Players That Moved On

Jacob Chychrun 18 -Arizona
Pavel Zacha 18 -New Jersey
Travis Konecny 18 -Philadelphia
Josh Jacobs 19- New Jersey
Charlie Graham 20 -Ryerson
Sam Studnika 20-St. FX
Matt Mistele 20-Ryerson

Only Chychrun was unexpected. Also Konecny was just a bad trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad