London Knights 2017-18 Season Thread (Part 1)

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Sam Miletic: Scores in 1st period for Penguins vs Columbus last night.
Sam Miletic: Late Bloomer making a Statement
by Sam Kasan @PensInsideScoop / Pittsburgh Penguins
September 22nd, 2017
* Sam Miletic is trying to follow in the footsteps of Alex D'Orio and Jordan Bellerive.
Both of those players went undrafted, attended the Pens' Development Camp and Prospects Challenge and earned
themselves contracts with the team. Miletic also was undrafted, and attended the Development Camp and Prospects Challenge.
Miletic, 20, is an intriguing prospect. He has a knack for scoring goals, something he did 37 times last year
with London of the Ontario Hockey League. He flashed some of those quick hands against the Blue Jackets,
finding a pass-off-pads rebound and snapping home the rebound.
Miletic is a late-bloomer that was groomed in the USHL before arriving in London.
He's a long-range prospect, but the payoff could be huge.
Head coach Mike Sullivan said,
"He's the kind of player that grows on you."
That he doesn't wow you but "he's always in the right places."
https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/snap-shots-pens-4-jackets-3/c-291277564

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Tom Wilson of the Washington Capitals blind side hit on Blue's Robert Thomas last night.
Here's the Play and the Fight afterwards between Wilson and Jaskin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL5e_BEVFT8
Wilson was given a 5 Minute Major.
He is having a Hearing today with the NHL's Department of Player Safety.
Wilson will probably receive a suspension for the dirty hit.
http://www.tsn.ca/wilson-to-have-hearing-with-nhl-player-safety-1.864755

Again skating with your head low, it's too bad junior hockey no longer teach players anymore, yes Wilson made a shoulder/head contact but with the speed of the game there are little time to ajust if the player put his head down a step a half before contact. Soon will be no more fights in hockey and no more contacts not far behind, is this a good thing I am leaving this up the debaters. - Hate to see damaged good returning to junior though !!!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
It was an absolute dirty blind side hit by Wilson.
He had about 7-10 strides before hitting Thomas who didn't have the puck at the time.
Wilson's feet were off the ice.
Hope he gets at least a 3 Game Suspension.
A very good example of an inferior talent wanting to make a name for himself by 'tagging' a young star.
This is why the NHL needs to protect the Stars of the game.
Go down the list of high level players who've had Concussion Syndrome............like Crosby.
Watch the vid.

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
I have been living off and on in London since 09 but made it to my first Knights game last night! Sweet rink, reminds me alot of an NHL experience. I just hope they change the jumbotron as it looked low def/outdated.

Anyway, will try follow the team this year and go to one or so games/month.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
He had about 7-10 strides before hitting Thomas who didn't have the puck at the time.
A very good example of an inferior talent wanting to make a name for himself by 'tagging' a young star.
Go down the list of high level players who've had Concussion Syndrome............like Crosby.
Watch the vid.

Inferior talent?? Tom Wilson isn't inferior talent he's a 1st round pick power forward who plays a different style game.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Watch the vid.

You have implified my view point, actually Wilson had the whole skating rink under his skates to not make any contact and Thomas also had that same space to prevent it or see it coming. By fully understanding the danger of the sport contacts, the question remains -Is this or is'nt it a contact sport ? If it is then let's teach them how to dish them and how to take them or ban them altogether !!!

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Inferior talent?? Tom Wilson isn't inferior talent he's a 1st round pick power forward who plays a different style game.

1st rounder or not, he's still a 4th liner.

At the same time I'm not really sure Wilson would see Thomas as a "young star" that he can hit to make a name for himself.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Blind Side Dirty Hit.
Wilson had .23 Points per game 2016-17 which ranked him 487th in the NHL.
313 NHL with 69 Points = .22 Points Per Game

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Blind Side Dirty Hit.
Wilson had .23 Points per game 2016-17 which ranked him 487th in the NHL.
313 NHL with 69 Points = .22 Points Per Game

You are getting close, NHL rules as well as lower levels allows the 487th player in league scoring to skate in a contact sport with the first over all scorer. So what do we do about it? keep the contact or remove the contact in the sport, bear in mind no mater who or how many you remove there will always be a 487th in scoring race skating with the best o/a !!!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Ill give it a go

C-Mete
A-Crawley
A-Thomas
A-Jones (put him in a leadship role see if he can cut the selfish plays)

It is the general consensus by everyone Mete is the choice for the C , I think Thomas should have an A if not only for his work ethic on the ice, Crawley has shown his leadership many times since he's a Knights. I know Jones, Pu, Carbonara and Bouchard have been mention a few times but they can still be leaders without a letter. I would like to see a 16 or 17 yr old being groomed for the future, could be unpopular but it's been done in the past, someone like Regula or any of the Whittakers , maybe Foudy.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Capitals forward Tom Wilson suspended for 2 preseason games:
NEW YORK — Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson has been suspended by the NHL for two preseason games
for interference against St. Louis Blues forward Robert Thomas.
In the third period on Friday, Wilson hit Thomas, a Blues first-round draft pick who scored two goals, into the boards.
Dmitrij Jaskin took exception and fought Wilson.
The NHL announced the suspension Saturday.
Wilson doesn’t forfeit any salary but now is considered a repeat offender.
http://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-...rd-tom-wilson-suspended-for-2-preseason-games

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Still haven't caught a game yet but nice to get a win! Good to see Pu start out strong with 2 assists.

I'll be watching tomorrow for sure.

Meanwhile we await the fates of Jones, Bratt, Miletic, Thomas, Formenton, Crawley, Mete and Juolevi. By the sounds of it, Formenton, Mete Thomas and Bratt are having outstanding camps. Jones, Crawley and Miletic have had good camps and Juolevi has had an awful one.

The good news of them playing well is that we should be able to expect big years...really hopeful for Bratt and Formenton especially. Bad news is the odds of us getting more than 6 out of 8 guys is probably not that good

Get 7/8 and this team challenges for another title.

I bet some of these guys earn 9 game stints.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Cliff Pu was very good tonight.
Speed with poise along and making the 'right play.'
Nelson has a been a pleasant surprise. He has excellent speed and quickness. He deserves more ice time including PP and PK time.
Kooy is the #1 Goalie for the Knights.........39 Saves of 41 Shots.
Carby is playing very well but needs to know he doesn't to make that 'big hit' every shift.
He's very skilled. The Knights need him on the ice.........careful with the 'blind side hits.'
The boys will get better and better as they get familiar with the OHL.
Some of the guys at NHL Camps will be there for awhile meaning the young guys need to step up and fill the void.

Last edited:

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Cliff Pu was very good tonight.
Speed with poise along and making the 'right play.'
Nelson has a been a pleasant surprise. He has excellent speed and quickness. He deserves more ice time including PP and PK time.
Kooy is the #1 Goalie for the Knights.........39 Saves of 41 Shots.
Rowe had an unfortunate 5 Minute Major Penalty.
Perhaps he was a bit 'jacked up' because he hadn't been getting much ice time in these 2 games.
Carby is playing very well but needs to know he doesn't to make that 'big hit' every shift.
He's very skilled. The Knights need him on the ice.........careful with the 'blind side hits.'
The boys will get better and better as they get familiar with the OHL.
Some of the guys at NHL Camps will be there for awhile meaning the young guys need to step up and fill the void.

Rowe didn't get a 5 minute penalty. He served Turko's major.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Brandon Crawley: Making a Strong Bid to Play for the NY Rangers this Season.
Comments from NY Ranger Fans on HF Boards:
Oscar Lindberg:
Crawley impressing is a bit shocking.
A lot of people (myself included) thought he was a terrible pick
But good on him for playing well tonight
Revel:
Crawley was the main bright spot. Didn't look out of place at all today, looked comfortable on the PP,
and now we know he has a bomb of a shot. I see why AV kept him around and gave him a go. London still has room
for another overager on their roster, but does this guy really need to go back to the O?
If the Rangers can get him consistent playing time in Hartford...
I think they should sign him and start developing him right away.
eco's bones:
Honestly I was really impressed by Crawley and it wasn't just the goal.
This kid could skate with the puck without looking at his feet. He kept a lot of plays alive at the blueline.
Bereglazov wasn't doing that and Staal doesn't do that. He also competes--he reminded me of Brendan Smith.
He was losing position now and again but he had a very good game.
Ori:
Yeah, Crawley had an impressive shot for sure well done - so some positives in this game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad