London Knights 2017-18 Season Thread (Part 1)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
No, listed on the lineup for a game between Pittsburgh and Columbus tonight.

Thanks.

Rangers cut 3 players and assign them to the AHL...including Sean Day.

Crawley isn't dressing for NYR tonight but I don't think he's been cut yet.

Still think he'll be coming back.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Very JV tonight. Would expect Johnson to start between the pipes then some collection of the following:

F's: Carbonara, Turko, Tymkin, Nelson, Cottam, Foudy, Moskal, R. Whittaker, Rowe, Duhart, Pierce

D's: Bouchard, Coome, Golden, Regula, Fallowfield, Perrott, Bangs

3 in 3 this weekend too. The kids are getting tested right off the bat.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I honestly don't think we'll see Max Jones back in London. I'm 98% sure..... Pu and Mete will be coming back and should play a vital role with Team Canada...

Neither of them are ready for the NHL, and they can't go to the AHL, so they should be back.

I doubt they even get a stint in the NHL, just will stick around for final cuts like all good prospects usually do. Although usually these top prospects end up not even playing a ton of (or even any) games, which I am sure makes their CHL teams cringe.

Jones is a 4th liner at best right now. He makes it because he's physical. Anaheim already has a lot of uncertainty at LW, so it's far more likely they get someone who at least is AHL tested to help them out, rather than getting another uncertain piece.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
London vs Windsor,Tyler Johnson starts for the Knights, Dipietro for Windsor.
9 players not dressed for London,all at NHL camps
Jones,Thomas, Formenton,Miletic,
Bratt,Pu, Crawley,Mete,Juolevi.
5 players not dressed for Windsor,
Nother, Brown,Day, Sergachev,and Vilardi.
For the Knights dman Liam Whittaker dressed to play forward
Rookie Ryan Bangs not dressed.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Who ever decided on the new goal song should be fired, it's the Kitchener Rangers song with a "Go Knights Go" instead of a "Let's Go Rangers". Absolute garbage!

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Big night for
Thomas with 2 goals
Miletic had a goal as well

Lets hope both are back soon but glad to see them doing well

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
Big night for
Thomas with 2 goals
Miletic had a goal as well

Lets hope both are back soon but glad to see them doing well

You are talking of only these two players that are doing wellb, they are all doing well ! -VICTOR METE is the talk of the town in Montreal right now by Claude Julien, Max Pacioretty and even Shea Weber was impressed, on the french Sport Talk radio big Serge Savard is talking Mete being good enough to be right now the fith or sith defenseman on this years Canadien team. He also said if he's in the plan to make a top four they may send him back down for one more season. Did anyone in London had any doubt about our big little Mete ! The problem is Savard is no longer the GM, Marc Bergevin is he may decide to keep him there with team !

Here is a little write up in the Journal de Montreal if you can find way to translate to English;

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/09/22/victor-mete-dans-le-moule-dun-torey-krug

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
You are talking of only these two players that are doing wellb, they are all doing well ! -VICTOR METE is the talk of the town in Montreal right now by Claude Julien, Max Pacioretty and even Shea Weber was impressed, on the french Sport Talk radio big Serge Savard is talking Mete being good enough to be right now the fith or sith defenseman on this years Canadien team. He also said if he's in the plan to make a top four they may send him back down for one more season. Did anyone in London had any doubt about our big little Mete ! The problem is Savard is no longer the GM, Marc Bergevin is he may decide to keep him there with team !

Here is a little write up in the Journal de Montreal if you can find way to translate to English;

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/09/22/victor-mete-dans-le-moule-dun-torey-krug

im talking these two players as they were the ONLY ones playing tonight hence why I said BIG NIGHT but yes when we talk about the guys still with NHL clubs they are all doing well

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
Who ever decided on the new goal song should be fired, it's the Kitchener Rangers song with a "Go Knights Go" instead of a "Let's Go Rangers". Absolute garbage!

I'm just happy that garbage Chelsea Dagger is FINALLY gone! However that song we used yesterday does suck! I'd love to hear The Enforcer as our goal song!

I love the new horn though

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region

- That's complete junk, noway is this going to grow on our fans. Surely we can come up with something that are making fans to jump up off their seats in full applouds but not this when they use their hands to plug their ears instead !!!

Score showed a loss by the Knights, but lots of possitive came out of this game . They did'nt quit and they tried hard, lot of rookie mistakes their inexperience did them in and not for lack of efforts. Remember the Rupert twins and Griffit rookie year, the year before the Shawinigan year, got that same feeling with these boys this year if we don't get many players back from NHL.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Robert Thomas.............1st Star with 2 Goals last Night

Robert Thomas scores 2 Goals on 2 Shots playing over 17 minutes for the St. Louis Blues vs the Washington Capitals.
He played on a line with Jordan Kyrou (Sarnia) and Dmitrij Jaskin.
Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nzlypFPqLg
Comments from St. Louis Blues Fans on Robert Thomas on HFBoards:
LetsGoBooze:
Much like you Stealth, he's my favorite Blues prospect right now. He just seems to have the 'it' factor and brings a ton of intangibles and hockey sense.
Personally, I've always liked the Giroux comparisons. I see a lot of similarities in their games.
Also, fun fact:
Giroux was taken 22nd overall in 2006.
Thomas was taken 20th overall in 2017
STLBLUES44:
i've been saying this since we drafted him (after i watched a couple of his games w/ london) I see ALOT of Giroux in his game.
I'm way too excited for him. I could see him pushing late into training camp a la fabbri then making the team as a top6/9 C next season.
I think he's that good.
Dbrownss:
I agree with you. I pegged him as a RHS Fabbri....who I compared to Giroux.
Zaddy:
I'm so jealous of you guys' drafting. Wanted Thomas badly at the Oilers pick. I was also a huge,
huge Vince Dunn fan in 2015 (had him ranked in the 1st round, watched him probably 20+ times that year).
I wanted Husso with the Oilers 4th rounder in 2014....Barbashev, Fabbri, Kostin, Kyrou were all great picks as well.
Not to mention Tarasenko, Schwartz, Parayko etc. So jealous...Bill Armstrong has to be one of the best scouts in the NHL.
taylord22:
Thomas...trying to contain my excitement
EastonBlues22:
Thomas was always the guy with the more well-rounded game and higher hockey IQ.
It was pretty easy to forecast him for a relatively quick transition to the NHL, though I'll be the first to admit that
I didn't expect him to look this polished and effective so early.
I'm definitely not surprised that he looks better than Kyrou, though.
MortiestofMortys:
There's no doubt for me which is the better of the two right now.
I love how lethal Kostin is, but it's so obvious that Thomas impacts the game in so many other ways.
Playmaker and a lethal sniper, where have we heard that before??
LetsGoBooze:
Can't wait to see what kind of year this kid has for the Knights. He was one of the younger players in this draft
and was such a high riser over the last 3-4 months leading up to the draft.
He has all the tools and a great path to the pros, love the London program.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2361613&page=5

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
There were some positives in last nights game against Windsor.
The guys had opportunities to take control of the game with two separate 5 on 3 PPs.
Shots were not hitting the target.............either blocked or missing the net.
Ryan Pyette LFP:
POOR PP..........0 for 6 on PP:
For now, the defending champs are content with ruining London's home opener and exposing their power play.
The Knights went 0-for-6 with the man advantage, including five third-period power plays and one was a lengthy two-man edge.
Sure, most of Dale Hunter's main special teams performers are still auditioning for the pros, but the players here now missed on some glorious chances.
"First-game jitters, and I think we'll do better the next two games," said rugged forward Cole Tymkin,
who drew plenty of power-play time.
"We'll bounce back. We just have to get more comfortable with things and find the back of the net."
With games so scrambled early, power plays are expected, but hardly any coach goes over how to score on
or defend 5-on-3s in extensive detail in September.
"We got a few good looks. We could've had more," Knights assistant coach Rick Steadman said.
"The passes weren't overly clean and DiPietro made a couple of great saves on us.
We likely missed the net more than we hit. If you don't hit the net, it won't go in.
We had tons of traffic, but if you try to go post-and-in on shots, those are the ones you usually miss."
http://www.lfpress.com/2017/09/22/london-knights-drop-season-opener-to-windsor-spitfires

They could play Skinnamarinka Dinky Dink for all I care...as long as the puck is in the net

Hopefully a little better game once our 3rd/4th line isn't our #1 line. These 1st couple of weeks could be a bit painful to watch. The kids played well. If DiPietro isn't in Windsor's net the outcome is different. This team goes into sell mode really quick if we lose Thomas,Bratt,Jones and Miletic which isn't outside the realm of possibility

Like what MacKinnon brings to the table in terms of compete level. My type of player. Would rather go through you than around you

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Knights

They could play Skinnamarinka Dinky Dink for all I care...as long as the puck is in the net

Hopefully a little better game once our 3rd/4th line isn't our #1 line. These 1st couple of weeks could be a bit painful to watch. The kids played well. If DiPietro isn't in Windsor's net the outcome is different. This team goes into sell mode really quick if we lose Thomas,Bratt,Jones and Miletic which isn't outside the realm of possibility

Like what MacKinnon brings to the table in terms of compete level. My type of player. Would rather go through you than around you

Dipietro does for Windsor what Parsons did for London,and now that he and McNiven are gone from the O, Dipietro is the best tender in the league imo.
That being said, the back to back to back 2 man advantages the Knights
had in the 3rd,made things closer, thought through 2 Windsor was the better team ,5 on 5,plus on special teams going 2-4 on the PP,and 6-6 on the PK was huge and a difference.
Players that impressed me for London were,Regula, Parrott, Whittaker (43), Bouchard who played more then 30 minutes,Rowe, Tympkin.
Adding Juolevi and Crawley as players sticking in the pros, while I think Thomas will return despite having a tremendous camp/ exhibition with the Blues.
I'm with you should most of that occurs re players sticking in the pros, London should sell not buy, could be interesting.

Last edited:
That being said, the back to back to back 2 man advantages the Knights
had in the 3rd,made things closer, thought through 2 Windsor was the better team ,5 on 5,plus on special teams going 2-4 on the PP,and 6-6 on the PK was huge and a difference.
Players that impressed me for London were,Regula, Parrott, Whittaker (43), Bouchard who played more then 30 minutes,Rowe, Tympkin.
Mikey is the best in the O...no question. Not even debateable

I wasn't impressed with Rowe at all, I thought Liam Whittaker played a better game playing out of position. Cottam might as well pack his bags....nowhere near OHL caliber.

London's "on the outside looking in" after last nights game in my opinion are

Cottam
Fallowfield
L. Whittaker
Coome (bubble should Crawley come back)
Turko
Duhart

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Knights

Mikey is the best in the O...no question. Not even debateable

I wasn't impressed with Rowe at all, I thought Liam Whittaker played a better game playing out of position. Cottam might as well pack his bags....nowhere near OHL caliber.

London's "on the outside looking in" after last nights game in my opinion are

Cottam
Fallowfield
L. Whittaker
Coome (bubble should Crawley come back)
Turko
Duhart

I meant to mention the other Whittaker,looked good upfront,knowing he is a 16 year old d,as for Rowe,what struck me was his speed,Duhart too ,though he didn't play as much as others.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
I still like Coome (nice size) and I'd like to see DuHart stick around, but I agree with the rest.....b-bye.

I still like Coome (nice size) and I'd like to see DuHart stick around, but I agree with the rest.....b-bye.

Coome is my "bubble boy" should we get back a few on the back end. If Crawley comes back that means he's(Coome) as good as gone. Duhart is a bit raw. I like his skill set, but I think a year in B with call-ups will do him a world of good. Cottam just doesn't have it right now..in any area of his game in my opinion..to crack it at this level. I love Turko's compete level, but he's just not OHL caliber. He's a call-up player nothing more nothing less. The rest are just not there. Thanks for coming out, but your services are no longer needed.

I really like what Regula did last night and has done so far. Once he settles in he's a top 4/5 guy this year easily. I said it when he signed, someone was expendable. Didn't think it would be Mattinen but the price was just too good to pass up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->